Artifice, how good is it and what do you think?

Ruskaeth

Personally I do like artifice quite a bit. It was my first crew skill and I still craft some enhancements occasionally and augmented lightsabers and off-hands. However, I think Artifice has been neglected somewhat. With this thread, I would like people to comment on how they see artifice and what they would like to see in future.

Another reason why I wrote this is of course a QQ, but I hid some constructive ideas in the post. I'd like to think artifice could be changed a bit and it wouldn't make artifice any greater than other professions but provide variation to many players in the end-game on what kind of relics they could choose to equip.

Well, to be honest, as a proud artificer I feel a bit left out through out the short development of this game. What we could craft were mediocre sabers to begin with, the best of those -comparable to normal orange sabers came with blue 52 mods which are inferior to purple 50 modifications. These "high-end" sabers cost 3 biometric crystal alloys to craft, which is a bit steep in comparison to other professions, what they can learn and what "rare" materials those items require.

Before 1.2 Legacy BW decided to released a gem shop to ruin little economy artificers had (alongside with off-hands, when dailies gave enhancements and mods). Granted that we could forge hilts but aren't those easy to get elsewhere? What we could craft was seriously inferior to tionese tier when my synthweaving sage can craft purple 126 rate item with good stats for level 48 or 49, and now even better with an augment than what tionese can provide.

Now to the hilarious part: We were presented a fix to be able to reverse engineer crafted orange items. Guess who were forgotten? I couldn't reverse engineer my sabers yesterday. :p

I love the game, like artifice, but please Bioware, could you write a note size of a bull and nailgun it to someone's table just to remind that person that artificers are still around. That being said, you could add some schematics for relics, rare if need be. Also, would it be possible to have green schematics for relics so that we can work our way through those and get different stats in the purple version at the end? That might create some variation, markets and provide players an option suitable to their style of playing. Thank you.

-Hylkykakka @ Frostclaw

Edited by Ruskaeth

Its worthless, hooray I can make 2 augmented pieces....to bad the enchaments/hilts they make suck balls the relics are bleh the color crystals are crappy and the other crafting profs can make much more augmented pieces so they are by far better then crappy Artifice.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but doesn't it seem like biochem is far superior to the other crafts? You can save a ton of money on medpacs/implants/stims while leveling and even post-50 the biochem stuff is useful - what use is artifice late game? Edited by jgelling

If you win the lottery, you can RE the Campaign relics, learn the schematic, and craft BOE versions. Also, you can get lucky REing rank 61 enhancements (from Campaign and Black Hole gear)... the power/surge ones would make you a lot of dps friends, no doubt. Same with the Campaign weapon hilts.

Without access to raiding though, it's mostly just augmented lightsabers and epic power/endurance crystals.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but doesn't it seem like biochem is far superior to the other crafts? You can save a ton of money on medpacs/implants while leveling and even post-50 the biochem stuff is useful - what use is artifice late game?

This is pretty much it. 1.2 did nothing to help other crafting skills.

As a cybertech, I can not do anything better than what you get easily by doing dailies.

oh but wait, I can loot a schematic in operations which allows me to make an earpiece which is bind on pick up, big great whooping yay!

So you made your point, artifice, like other crew skills, has a long way to go, and it seems is even worse off than some...

Ackpft, this was supposed to go the crew skills forum. Sorry and could someone move it there?

My intent was to post it there and discuss artifice. I myself have biochem and synthweaving at 400 and I can create vast variety of implants and even more with synthweaving. While we have markets for those at Frostclaw (not great but some kind of exchange happens), I feel artifice is neglected, not much, just a bit.

Any thoughts on artifice?

Personally I do like artifice quite a bit. It was my first crew skill and I still craft some enhancements occasionally and augmented lightsabers and off-hands. However, I think Artifice has been neglected somewhat. With this thread, I would like people to comment on how they see artifice and what they would like to see in future.

<snip>

Looking from the market, saber crystals as high as 500k, other itmes also quite expensive, it wasnt a hard choice to make :p.

I have 400 artifice and biochem.

The high end artifice require materials I have never seen to make +41 crystals. I suppose you may have luck making mods/hilts and such to sell. But most of these drop quite easily in dailies now and lock boxes or just planet commendations.

I've made a few augmented lightsabers for myself and my healer. But tbh there really isn't much I cbf doing to try and make money with him.

Compared to my biochem toon, with the new fixes to grade 5 bio ingrediants. Stims are a cake walk to comp farm for and create, then sell on GTN.

EDIT: I did make myself some really nice Relics, non augment crit though unfortunately. Theyre BoP too, so alas unless theyre made into BoE cant do much with them.

Edited by Banicks

Looking from the market, saber crystals as high as 500k, other itmes also quite expensive, it wasnt a hard choice to make :p.

I am happy to sell magenta +41 crystals with 100k-150k if you were referring to those? I am not sure if I can reverse engineer special crystal from Denova, but I sure as hell would like to give it a try and those are what are selling for higher amounts of credits. That btw does not give variation to the game stat-wise as would ability to create relics from green schematics and obtain stats like for an example synthweaver does now through the process with a lot of options before purple schematic.

Cheers, Ruswyn @ Frostclaw