Powertech/Vanguard why roll anything else?

-Ransome-

So my powertech tank hybrid can get high DPS, Guard others, and wear Heavy armor. Thought Heavy armor was reserved for tanks, not DPS, and Healers? I'm Stopping what I'm Doing and rolling a Commando Medic, to see how that does and then a vanguard DPS

Why roll anything else, besides to do something different... Gimp but different?

So my powertech tank hybrid can get high DPS, Guard others, and wear Heavy armor. Thought Heavy armor was reserved for tanks, not DPS, and Healers? I'm Stopping what I'm Doing and rolling a Commando Medic, to see how that does and then a vanguard DPS

Why roll anything else, besides to do something different... Gimp but different?

I don't think there is many MMO's that doesn't have heavy armor dps and/or healer classes.... /shrug

Why roll anything else besides a Powertech? I'll field this one guys.

Powertechs can't:

- Mez

- Heal

- Root (unless specced way high in the tank tree)

- Leap (unless specced way high in the tank tree)

- Pull friendlies

- Cast a root from 35m away

- Cast a 20% damage reduction in a wide area

- Sorcerer resource management is better

I'm sure others will add more

Why roll anything else besides a Powertech? I'll field this one guys.

Powertechs can't:

- Mez

- Heal

- Root (unless specced way high in the tank tree)

- Leap (unless specced way high in the tank tree)

- Pull friendlies

- Cast a root from 35m away

- Cast a 20% damage reduction in a wide area

- Sorcerer resource management is better

I'm sure others will add more

other classes would have a longer list.

I can tell you from leveling my alt up that in the 10-49 bracket I see quite abit of fotm rollers playing powertech/vanguard.

So i guess anyone playing a warrior, bh or operative are all fotm rerollers? Oh and shadows to i guess...