Augment tables coming in 1.3

Cmdluke

I guess since the gear is BOP anyway that it wouldn't make sense for crafters to be the only ones who could do it.

it would work just like enchanting in 'that other game' where you open a trade window where you put the item you want the slot added to then the crafter could add the slot, then you both accept the trade.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

it would work just like enchanting in 'that other game' where you open a trade window where you put the item you want the slot added to then the crafter could add the slot, then you both accept the trade.

Ah true, it's been too long since I've played "the game that shall not be named."

or just make the Augments work like enchant scrolls. Use the Augment on an item and it attaches without the ability to be removed and placed on another piece of gear.

Do away with Augment Slots.

Do you have a clue? On average, it requires 30 blue mats and 70 green mats to make an augmented item. IIRC, costs for that is <3k for the blue mats, and <2k for the green. Unless you're paying very rediculous GTN prices, that's less than 5k per item. Pretty sure 1900% markeup qualifies as bilking.

Now granted, the lvl 49/50 stuff costs way more than 5k on average, but the basic bottom of the line augmented stuff is relatively cheap to make.

I am wondering if you have a clue. On my server the Electrum lvl 50 armor pieces, BM and WH armor pieces (augmented of course) were the only ones going for over 100k (around 200k right after 1.2). The low level gear never went that high.

Right at 1.2 I started crafting the Electrum lvl 50 chest piece for my BH and it took me 26 pieces to crit. I went through a couple stacks of Electrum alone. I could have paid the temporarily high price of 200k and saved myself time, credits and aggrevation.

My other character is trying to craft my friend augmented war hero pieces for his sorc. I'm about 10 tries in on the pants with no crit. I've been using my own stored up mats and running under world missions for silk but I know the mats are over the going price already.

I don't generally craft to make money. But even if I got lucky and crit early I'm not getting rich quick.

On the other hand if you spent over 100k for a level 19 augmented piece then like I said ....I wonder if you have a clue.

or just make the Augments work like enchant scrolls. Use the Augment on an item and it attaches without the ability to be removed and placed on another piece of gear.

Do away with Augment Slots.

that would be fine to, but they seem intent on keeping the slots.

Have the augment table require a catalyst to infuse the armor with an augment slot. Make the catalyst craftable by the non-augment crafting skills. To craft a catalyst would require some rare BOE mats obtained though HM FP bosses or the like.

Everyone wins

Seems like it would be a better idea to allow crafters to add augment slots to orange gear, similar to how enchanting works in 'that other game'. That crafters are still viable and can contribute to the community at end game.

Anyone else agree here?

No! :p

I am wondering if you have a clue. On my server the Electrum lvl 50 armor pieces, BM and WH armor pieces (augmented of course) were the only ones going for over 100k (around 200k right after 1.2). The low level gear never went that high.

Right at 1.2 I started crafting the Electrum lvl 50 chest piece for my BH and it took me 26 pieces to crit. I went through a couple stacks of Electrum alone. I could have paid the temporarily high price of 200k and saved myself time, credits and aggrevation.

My other character is trying to craft my friend augmented war hero pieces for his sorc. I'm about 10 tries in on the pants with no crit. I've been using my own stored up mats and running under world missions for silk but I know the mats are over the going price already.

I don't generally craft to make money. But even if I got lucky and crit early I'm not getting rich quick.

On the other hand if you spent over 100k for a level 19 augmented piece then like I said ....I wonder if you have a clue.

So then we're in agreement? If you're paying 100k+ simply for augmented gear (other then lvl 49-50 stuff such as the boots/gloves) you're being bilked? ('course, I'd also throw in that if you're paying 100k for high level stuff OTHER than boots/gloves, you have expensive... and bad... taste. But that's a different discussion about how terribad the high end equipment looks...)

Something to consider is it costs about 125k to remove ilvl 61 parts from gear without an augment slot to one that has one, plus the cost of the augmented item (and this is closer to 175k for a weapon, plus the cost of the item). The cost of mod stripping at the should be taken into account for augment table pricing. Edited by VulcanLogic