Trooper A Lost Cause?

Saltydogg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I play my sniper since the 1.2. More fun, more skill, more DPS, less nerf. And also, best story.

The commando/merc really need a revamp, to remove the spam skill, and be competitive. So far we must spam grav round/FA/demo, and we are not competitive. Before 1.2 we needed to spam grav round/FA/demo and we were competitive.

But I'm patient and I don't think BW care enough to make a revamp. I suppose the next nerfed class will be sentinel/mara, then gunslinger/sniper. When everyone will be nerfed, the trooper will be competitive again. And get nerfed some months after. The cycle never end (no, that's not a Javik's quote from ME3).

I don't know, I play my sniper since the 1.2. More fun, more skill, more DPS, less nerf. And also, best story.

The commando/merc really need a revamp, to remove the spam skill, and be competitive. So far we must spam grav round/FA/demo, and we are not competitive. Before 1.2 we needed to spam grav round/FA/demo and we were competitive.

But I'm patient and I don't think BW care enough to make a revamp. I suppose the next nerfed class will be sentinel/mara, then gunslinger/sniper. When everyone will be nerfed, the trooper will be competitive again. And get nerfed some months after. The cycle never end (no, that's not a Javik's quote from ME3).

Honestly, I don't think they have enough creativity to make it happen.

If you take the Star Wars franchise and the copy/paste jobs from WoW, you get what we have today. Not only do they have ship designs, names, music, characters, animations, names, architecture and a whole lot of goodies from the late 70's when the movies were first released to help them with TOR, but they have established MMOs around for years to tell them quest and storyline systems, pvp and pve models. It's not a bad PvE game, it just blows badly for pvp and for anything endgame. TOR has no lasting value. It burned brightly for a few months, and now servers like mine that used to be HEAVY are now LIGHT. My guild of 370 is hanging on to a dozen on prime time. Queues take forever. Am I going to pay for this? Hell no. BW choked. End of story.

I don't see what the point of your post is. Eternity Vault is absurdly easy. We've cleared hard mode with healers in sub-50 blue gear and 3 tanks.

The point was..... He can do the things he wants to do in a commando. He hasnt gotten to a point where the guild says "sorry you are a trooper... we cant use u". As long as you dont get to that point... then there is absolutely no problem with the commando.

i love my comando, but for dmg in pve i chose sage, he does way more dmg with same gear, and has better energy managment

For healing in pve its the same, sage got nicer aoe, rest is the same, in long run, comando got better e managment, and dont have to sacrifice himself to death :p

For pvp, comando is rly nice healer, still hard to kill 1v1, works prefectly in combination with scoundrel healer, only having problems with op mauraders/sentinels, but playing smart, positioning yourself good, and ask for guardian and u will do fine.

For comando dps in pvp, i dont even wonna waste words, i kill them so easy on my scoundrel, rupt on tracer/grav round, and they are usseless, not wort the pain.

retired my trooper why would i want to play my trooper when he does 1/3 to half the dmg of my sent in the same level gear both toons in full set of custom gear with same level mods and trooper can't even keep up with my sent in dmg.

and i am not talking minor diffrence I am talking huge noticable diffence in dmg

i love my comando, but for dmg in pve i chose sage, he does way more dmg with same gear, and has better energy managment

For healing in pve its the same, sage got nicer aoe, rest is the same, in long run, comando got better e managment, and dont have to sacrifice himself to death

are you bashing commando or no? (no offense) either way commando does much more damage then a sage in pve and pvp its easily one of the easiest classes to kill in pvp i never had a problem with a sage to be honest i had a problem with sents/maurds and slinger/sniper prolly cuse there oure dps class. Secondly yea sages do have nice aoes but single healing goes to commandos and after 1.2 we have a much easier time resourcing and managing our ammo i learned from experience, going to the topic the guy said no commando is not a lost cause but if your a pvp fan which it seems you are right now yes commando isnt such a good class for pvp im sorry :( though we can easily kill sages and sometimes scoundrels in dps :) lol so we might be semi lost cause in ovo but in pve heals and dps were far from a lost cause

I can't speak for commandos, but I've played mercenary, and I believe this sub class is the ultimate in clearing trash mobs.

Death From Above, despite the AoE nerf, is superior to Orbital Strike and Force Storm, because unlike Orbital Strike it is an almost instant attack, and unlike force storm it is guaranteed to lock down any standard or weak in the radius. Now, the damage is enough that, combined with fusion missile, it is guaranteed to kill any caught in both hits. Given that fusion also stuns the targets for a few, anyone hit with the missile is hit with the barrage. This is a combination that Bodyguard, a healing spec, can pull off.

DFA is, granted, on a 1 minute cooldown. But Fusion Missile is a 30 second cooldown, and there's still plenty of tricks in the bounty hunter's toolbox. Explosive dart stuns until it lands damage, Unload stuns for the duration, Rail Shot can exploit either Explosive Dart or Fusion Missile to land a heavy hit, and if the mob move in too close for DFA, you have a handy flamethrower to take care of things.

The big problem is that the mercenary's biggest asset is of little use to PVP, or a good portion of PVE.

I wish BW would have given us a chance to respec our AC after our "rebalancing" in 1.2

They didn't even give us a free respec as promised. I just keep wondering how long or what's it going to take for Devs to admit they screwed up our class and fix it. Come on guys we all make mistakes it's ok, just admit it and do something to help our class already. We know you're not going to nerf all the flying monkeys with glowsticks so you gonna buff our class then?

are you bashing commando or no? (no offense) either way commando does much more damage then a sage in pve and pvp its easily one of the easiest classes to kill in pvp i never had a problem with a sage to be honest i had a problem with sents/maurds and slinger/sniper prolly cuse there oure dps class. Secondly yea sages do have nice aoes but single healing goes to commandos and after 1.2 we have a much easier time resourcing and managing our ammo i learned from experience, going to the topic the guy said no commando is not a lost cause but if your a pvp fan which it seems you are right now yes commando isnt such a good class for pvp im sorry :( though we can easily kill sages and sometimes scoundrels in dps :) lol so we might be semi lost cause in ovo but in pve heals and dps were far from a lost cause

Really, when you post stuff like the highlighted section, people know that you haven't played the class.

are you bashing commando or no? (no offense) either way commando does much more damage then a sage in pve and pvp

Wow...that is so not even close to true buddy. Any decent Sage will beat your DPS, even in tanking gear. They're close to 40% higher in timed tests I've run on target dummy's.

Really, when you post stuff like the highlighted section, people know that you haven't played the class.

lol your funny go to vornskr my toon is javier. reason i said that is because i know how to play commando healer also sorry not easier time compared to before but easier time resourcing it than a sage with his force thats what i ment sorry for the confusion. i heal much better at single healing than a sage go check me out i do 1.1k-1.3k hps (even with crappy aoe heal) and my single heals as med probe, adv probe, and bacta infusion always hit around 3k and crit from 4.5k+ while med probe crits go even to 5.5k and at some occasions 6k and seeing from experience and talking to sages they said after 1.2 force restriction is up there with ammo ;) i can outheal a sage in single healing in the first 3 second if we were doing a timed heal to see who could heal one person in 10 seconds the most. do adv. probe, bi, med probe, instand med probe with no ammo cost then hs, and the rotation id do in those 10 seconds id be far ahead. oh also my crit chance is 40% with crit surge of 74.8% so i crit a lot and do high heals most of my time so get your facts straight :) just in those 3 first seconds i could pop from no crit 9k (thats saying adv.probe, bi, med probe, and second med probe dont crit plus relic and prev. med on adv probe)- 20k+ (all crit) oh and did i say i usually always crit?

Edited by rjavig

Wow...that is so not even close to true buddy. Any decent Sage will beat your DPS, even in tanking gear. They're close to 40% higher in timed tests I've run on target dummy's.

not really even in pvp i always beat a sage they dont do much damage to me by the time i kill one, also if there that much higher than you then you arent doing it right. a good test meter also is eternity counsel in ev they have 100k hp in hm ev so whoever beats theres first should have better dps right? well i usually always beat mine first if we didnt have a sent running or gunslinger as dps. also if there that higher than you then you have really low gear rating and they have rakata or higher or your just using hammershot and nothing else :p

Edited by rjavig

lol your funny go to vornskr my toon is javier. reason i said that is because i know how to play commando healer. i heal much better at single healing than a sage go check me out i do 1.1k-1.3k hps (even with crappy aoe heal) and my single heals as med probe, adv probe, and bacta infusion always hit around 3k and crit from 4.5k+ while med probe crits go even to 5.5k and at some occasions 6k and seeing from experience and talking to sages they said after 1.2 force restriction is up there with ammo ;) i can outheal a sage in single healing in the first 3 second if we were doing a timed heal to see who could heal one person in 10 seconds the most. do adv. probe, bi, med probe, instand med probe with no ammo cost then hs, and the rotation id do in those 10 seconds id be far ahead. oh also my crit chance is 40% with crit surge of 74.8% so i crit a lot and do high heals most of my time so get your facts straight :) just in those 3 first seconds i could pop from no crit 9k (thats saying adv.probe, bi, med probe, and second med probe dont crit plus relic and prev. med on adv probe)- 20k+ (all crit) oh and did i say i usually always crit?

So please tell me what change in the below patch notes made you say "after 1.2 we have a much easier time resourcing and managing our ammo"? I'm interested in this.

Combat Medic

Field Training now increases critical chance by 1% per point.

Field Triage now reduces the cost of Medical Probe by 1 (down from 2).

Kolto Bomb now affects up to 4 targets (up from 3), improving reliability in group and Operation situations.

Kolto Residue now increases all healing received by 3% (down from 5%).

Psych Aid no longer reduces the cost of Field Aid. It now causes Field Aid to heal the target for a small amount.

Supercharge Cells now restores 1 Energy Cell (down from 2) when used and increases all damage and healing dealt by 5% (down from 10%). The shield applied by Kolto Bomb now reduces damage taken by 5% (down from 10%).

Trauma Probe now costs 2 Energy Cells to activate.

So please tell me what change in the below patch notes made you say "after 1.2 we have a much easier time resourcing and managing our ammo"? I'm interested in this.

Combat Medic

Field Training now increases critical chance by 1% per point.

Field Triage now reduces the cost of Medical Probe by 1 (down from 2).

Kolto Bomb now affects up to 4 targets (up from 3), improving reliability in group and Operation situations.

Kolto Residue now increases all healing received by 3% (down from 5%).

Psych Aid no longer reduces the cost of Field Aid. It now causes Field Aid to heal the target for a small amount.

Supercharge Cells now restores 1 Energy Cell (down from 2) when used and increases all damage and healing dealt by 5% (down from 10%). The shield applied by Kolto Bomb now reduces damage taken by 5% (down from 10%).

Trauma Probe now costs 2 Energy Cells to activate.

like i said before i ment better time resourcing our ammo compared to sage not as commando healing pre 1.2 and post 1.2. yes its a bit harder but all you have to do now is add a hammer shot in between adv. probe and med probe or use bacta infusion in between by the time you use med probe you'll be full ammo or 11 and also after med probe just use hs x2 then kb or hs again and wait for adv. probe. your ammo should stay fairlyw ell if your group doesnt do dumb things and runs into insta hit aoes or swipes that take 75% of there health

Edited by rjavig

not really even in pvp i always beat a sage they dont do much damage to me by the time i kill one, also if there that much higher than you then you arent doing it right. a good test meter also is eternity counsel in ev they have 100k hp in hm ev so whoever beats theres first should have better dps right? well i usually always beat mine first if we didnt have a sent running or gunslinger as dps. also if there that higher than you then you have really low gear rating and they have rakata or higher or your just using hammershot and nothing else :p

Both in rakata and at least 2 black hole for him, 1 for me. The DPS Sage can get 1500 DPS, best I could was 1100.

like i said before i ment better time resourcing our ammo compared to sage not as commando healing pre 1.2 and post 1.2. yes its a bit harder but all you have to do now is add a hammer shot in between adv. probe and med probe or use bacta infusion in between by the time you use med probe you'll be full ammo or 11 and also after med probe just use hs x2 then kb or hs again and wait for adv. probe. your ammo should stay fairlyw ell if your group doesnt do dumb things and runs into insta hit aoes or swipes that take 75% of there health

just because they have to lose hp now to get back their force doesn't suddenly make a resource system that blew away our pre-1.2 resources worse than our now nonexistant resource management abilities.

just because they have to lose hp now to get back their force doesn't suddenly make a resource system that blew away our pre-1.2 resources worse than our now nonexistant resource management abilities.

how is it worse? we have ammo regen which we can get 8 ammo back instantly and we have one that makes our next ammo cost free and another one that makes it instant. i dont have problem keeping my ammo 8+ and if i want to i just blow all my ammo at once to have everyone at 100% then use ammo regen and be right back up and not worry about ammo until ammo regen is back up. i way rather prefer ammo regen over noble sacrifice. just my opinion because we dont lose health or have our ammo regen go slower after using it. also it used to be better because they didnt lose health from it and had infinite force but after 1.2 thats not the case so ours is much better after 1.2 look it up instead of assuming.

Edited by rjavig

Both in rakata and at least 2 black hole for him, 1 for me. The DPS Sage can get 1500 DPS, best I could was 1100.

it might be your rotation and how do you know hes doing 1.5k dps? usually when i dpsed id pull of 1.3k dps and im not full rakata on dps im heals for the most part but when i spec dps i have 3/5 rakata main gear rest is columi and bracers and belt are rakata med and implants and ear too but those are the same as dps.

The title of this thread should be "I love my Trooper, but I love FotM more."

Dude why do you pay for a game and play a class that is almost totally useles in pvp now. Why should I not enjoy the game that I pay for. The only reason why I rolled a marauder is due to the fun play style. Great dps good utility and has the ability to get in and out of combat quickly. So why should I not play a class that isnt broken. Why do you think most healers rolled ops or scoundrel? I hate the trooper now more than any other class in the game. You are cannon fodder now. Anyway think what you may, I play this game to enjoy it not rage everytime i go into a WZ and get slaughtered by a Fin tank while being a healer.

lol your funny go to vornskr my toon is javier. reason i said that is because i know how to play commando healer also sorry not easier time compared to before but easier time resourcing it than a sage with his force thats what i ment sorry for the confusion. i heal much better at single healing than a sage go check me out i do 1.1k-1.3k hps (even with crappy aoe heal) and my single heals as med probe, adv probe, and bacta infusion always hit around 3k and crit from 4.5k+ while med probe crits go even to 5.5k and at some occasions 6k and seeing from experience and talking to sages they said after 1.2 force restriction is up there with ammo ;) i can outheal a sage in single healing in the first 3 second if we were doing a timed heal to see who could heal one person in 10 seconds the most. do adv. probe, bi, med probe, instand med probe with no ammo cost then hs, and the rotation id do in those 10 seconds id be far ahead. oh also my crit chance is 40% with crit surge of 74.8% so i crit a lot and do high heals most of my time so get your facts straight :) just in those 3 first seconds i could pop from no crit 9k (thats saying adv.probe, bi, med probe, and second med probe dont crit plus relic and prev. med on adv probe)- 20k+ (all crit) oh and did i say i usually always crit?

One trick pony. Thats all that is. You cannot manage that rotation for more than one and a half before you are out of ammo. This is pretty simple when it comes down to pvp. Heals need to be constant, they need to be hitting hard enough to keep both you and your single target up. There is no way that you can do that now due to the ammo management. Also you forget the fact that in pvp you have people with cc and interupts. I am sorry but a sage will always out heal a commando in pvp not only that we have become the lowest form of healing since 1.2 So dont give me the whole my rotation is god like because it just isnt. Also you are wrong with your numbers. I am full BM gear but i changed a few things around to get more power and surge. My crit rate is at 35% and I will tell you for one I have never ever broke a 6k heal. Only once have I seen a 5.6k heal and that was after popping a stim and relic. So I am not sure where you are pulling these numbers from but they are not correct. Even in full Warhero's those numbers will not reach that high due to the stupid alacticty on the gear. Over all this is the reason why this class got a nerf. Unfounded numbers posted by a person running pve.

One trick pony. Thats all that is. You cannot manage that rotation for more than one and a half before you are out of ammo. This is pretty simple when it comes down to pvp. Heals need to be constant, they need to be hitting hard enough to keep both you and your single target up. There is no way that you can do that now due to the ammo management. Also you forget the fact that in pvp you have people with cc and interupts. I am sorry but a sage will always out heal a commando in pvp not only that we have become the lowest form of healing since 1.2 So dont give me the whole my rotation is god like because it just isnt. Also you are wrong with your numbers. I am full BM gear but i changed a few things around to get more power and surge. My crit rate is at 35% and I will tell you for one I have never ever broke a 6k heal. Only once have I seen a 5.6k heal and that was after popping a stim and relic. So I am not sure where you are pulling these numbers from but they are not correct. Even in full Warhero's those numbers will not reach that high due to the stupid alacticty on the gear. Over all this is the reason why this class got a nerf. Unfounded numbers posted by a person running pve.

here let me do this

but if your a pvp fan which it seems you are right now yes commando isnt such a good class for pvp im sorry
i said that on my first post so of course im speaking from pve and my numbers arent far fetched i did those numbers and like i said 6k heals were rare but as i explained before only roll commando for pve because were still good there i didnt say we were good in pvp and i got these numbers because i have full rakata except weapon and a black hole ear piece also my gun is augmented and my bracers are too so i have a crit aug in one and aim in the other. my crit without stim or anything is 38.44% and my surge is 74.88% Edited by rjavig

you do realise there's several different mobs (with vastly differing levels of health) that all require different types of classes to beat, right?

trying going against an assassin as a commando without an interrupt.

the first one to finish doesn't mean they do the most dps.