Augment slot on all gear 1.3

Kosef

So, question: A, for instance, level 23 custom shell can be "augmented" to carry a lvl 49 augment post-1.3? On Dulfy I got the impression that only those made prior to 1.3 and containing a high tier augment when 1.3 hits will be able to still do so post-1.3.

Any item, whether custom or not, regardless of when it was created regardless of whether or not it has an augment slot, can be upgraded using a kit and table to support a high tier augment. (if they already have an augment slot, they won't get a second slot, it'll just upgrade the existing slot to support the higher tier augments)

AT the time 1.3 hits, The existing Augment slot on existing already crafted items will be set to either the tier for the level of the item, OR to the tier of the level of an existing augment in it, whichever is higher. Doesn't mean you can't then upgrade (using a kit) those lower tier augment slots.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DavidHunt - Could you please explain the decision behind making Augment Kits (AKs) only craftable by Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving. Doesn't this place the three skills at a significant advantage as everyone will be after AK's now?

Have you guys considered the option to have different augment kits for different types of gear and only the crafter who can create a specific type of gear can also create an AK for it?

thanks

He already has

For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.

Can you clarify on the point of 'upgrading' augment slots.

For example let's say I create a crit crafted level 17 Chest. It has a level 2 Augment slot. If I wish to upgrade this to a Level 6 augment slot do I need to have a Level 6 augment KIT AND credits(50k) or just 50k?

To follow from that then, if the upgrade to an existing lower tank augment slot requires just credits, can you do the following: augment kit rank 1 + credits --> upgrade to rank 6 with credits.

I hope it is the first way and not the way I have described, as rank 1 augment kits will be significantly cheaper and easier to make.

tl;dr When upgrading to a higher augment slot level do you need a new kit+ credits or just credits?

Can you clarify on the point of 'upgrading' augment slots.

For example let's say I create a crit crafted level 17 Chest. It has a level 2 Augment slot. If I wish to upgrade this to a Level 6 augment slot do I need to have a Level 6 augment KIT AND credits(50k) or just 50k?

To follow from that then, if the upgrade to an existing lower tank augment slot requires just credits, can you do the following: augment kit rank 1 + credits --> upgrade to rank 6 with credits.

I hope it is the first way and not the way I have described, as rank 1 augment kits will be significantly cheaper and easier to make.

tl;dr When upgrading to a higher augment slot level do you need a new kit+ credits or just credits?

To upgrade you need kit + credits.

QUESTIONS:

1) Will I be able to finally RE Orange Elegant LightSaber or Double LightSaber now? I mean, I'd like my Artifacer to get those 10 Kits so my Armstech can create me a Aug Kit. That and the fact I can't RE it after I've made one that didn't CRIT and forced to sell for like 450 credits to the vendor since GTN is full of them.

2) Can we SELL 1 of 10 RE'd AUG Kit parts on GTN? It would be completely silly to make them BOP unless BW is really trying to shaft the crafters.

3) Any chance SLICERS can get in on this and maybe convert the gazillion Subelectronic Parts to Aug Kit parts? Better yet.. Maybe the AUG KITS require less than 10 RE'd kits and maybe 2-5 Subelectronic parts too?

4) Once I "AUG KIT" an item is it still BOE? So I can then sell my items on GTN with an AUG Slot empty?

5) Loot items (Armor, Weapons, etc). Will they be RE capable by the respective crafters and able to get 1 of 10 Aug Kit Parts?

Edited by dscount

QUESTIONS:

1) Will I be able to finally RE Orange Elegant LightSaber or Double LightSaber now? I mean, I'd like my Artifacer to get those 10 Kits so my Armstech can create me a Aug Kit. That and the fact I can't RE it after I've made one that didn't CRIT and forced to sell for like 450 credits to the vendor since GTN is full of them.

2) Can we SELL 1 of 10 RE'd AUG Kit parts on GTN? It would be completely silly to make them BOP unless BW is really trying to shaft the crafters.

3) Any chance SLICERS can get in on this and maybe convert the gazillion Subelectronic Parts to Aug Kit parts? Better yet.. Maybe the AUG KITS require less than 10 RE'd kits and maybe 2-5 Subelectronic parts too?

4) Once I "AUG KIT" an item is it still BOE? So I can then sell my items on GTN with an AUG Slot empty?

5) Loot items (Armor, Weapons, etc). Will they be RE capable by the respective crafters and able to get 1 of 10 Aug Kit Parts?

1) Artifce won't be part of the augment fest in 1.3

AFAIK, only the 3 proffesions that can make the augment kits, will be getting the materials to create them through RE'd items.

At best, with Artifice, you could hope for a crit in that lvl 50 elegant saber, so the augment slot will be at the highest level. If those will be competitive, I don't know.

2) They made the highest grade of materials BoE, so I see no reason to change this.

3) Slicers already have a nice piece of the action, providing the schems and mats for the augments, though I agree something could be done with all the blue parts. At this point, they're vendor trash.

4) I think it'll work just like the others mods. If the enhancement is BoE and the orange shell is BoE, after you attach the enhancement, the shell remains BoE. But in this case, I don't think it's a good idea to do such a thing with a augment kit. The best "perk" they have is that they could be used on everything and anything, if you already put it on some gear, you're removing that perk....

5) Only crafted items will be giving the aug kit parts. Otherwise, their cost will be absurdly low. I mean, think of all the trash killing on daily areas, the drop rate for greens and blues is really high. That would mean no cost at all for the crafter (in terms of mats), just a bit of time...

Thanks for the update.

My question on the RE of the current Orange Saber is will that be "Fixed" so I can RE that item. Today I can't RE an item I've made (Orange). Seems a little silly. :)

I agree, LOOT is most likely not in the mix, but it should be. You basically pickup whatever level you are for that planet and that would align with the need perfectly. (I know, wishful thinking)

Thanks for the update.

My question on the RE of the current Orange Saber is will that be "Fixed" so I can RE that item. Today I can't RE an item I've made (Orange). Seems a little silly. :)

It's likely sort of academic. There will mostly be no need to make the orange saber in the first place, and without the need to make it, it doesn't much matter if you can RE it. Augment kits are going to only take ~30 green mats and ~15 white mats, on average. It takes like 50 green, 30 blue and 30 white mats to make an augmented orange saber (on average). Even if you facter getting back ~1.5 items back on average, that's still something like 47 green, 28.5 blue, and 28.5 white mats. So 17 more greens, 28.5 more blues, and 12.5 more white. Not sure on your server, but I'm pretty sure 17 greens, 28.5 blues, and 12.5 mats means the cost to augment at the table will have to be pretty high for making sabers to be worthwhile. All we know it's less than 50k. But even assuming 50k, if (average cost) for mats (vast majority of which are blue) are >862, the augment kit option is simply cheaper.

Yeah, augment kits suck for artifice.

Yeah, Artiface is getting a raw deal making Aug Kit Parts. So if the "MK-6" level can come from ANY level 6 then it's not a big deal (Unless you have no other Character).

My issue is only slightly AUG KIT related, but more the fact I can't RE an Orange item I made to get Aug Kit parts.

Yeah, Artiface is getting a raw deal making Aug Kit Parts.

So is Cybertech

My issue is only slightly AUG KIT related, but more the fact I can't RE an Orange item I made to get Aug Kit parts.

You would be getting 1 aug kit part from whatever crafted item you RE. So the most efficient thing, to get aug kit parts, will be crafting the cheapiest piece you can find.

Crit crafting orange gear will be kinda pointless. Even if you do crit it, there's a good chance that piece isn't lvl 50, so eventually you'll have to use an augment kit on it to keep it updated

I'm really having a hard time grasping the MX-6 level Aug Kit. HOW is a default user (Armstech, Armor, etc..) going to create cheap (10) gear at level 50 to get the Augmentation Slot MK-6 49+ classification? I mean by default you only get level 48 schematics. I can RE LOOT today that is level 50 via the respective craft and that SHOULD provide a single 1 of 10 AUG KIT PARTS.

I use my Artiface again. . Level 400 - Making an ELEGANT Saber (Level 50). I can't RE that item.. .WHY?? Don't know, but it's orange and I'd love to get my materials and Aug Kit Parts Level 6 back from that item. YES.. I know that other crafters will need to use my AUG KIT PARTS to create an Aug Kit for me, but I should be able to provide those parts to them via my respective RE Crafter.

SO.. Plan B is that all LOOT needs to have AUG KIT if it's RE in order to fix this issue. Nine times out of ten you are not going to be getting level 50 loot unless you are killing level 50 mobs.

BW - You guys writing this one down? Q&A Opportunity here. :)

BW - IDEA is to keep more materials in the environment and less cash from looted items. (IE: We dump anything green into vendor ASAP). This keeps LESS Money in flow and more Aug Parts and Materials available to GTN. Solves MULTIPLE economic issues at the same time.

Edited by dscount

Well, lvl 49 and 50 stuff creates augment kit parts. Not all that sure on artifice and armstech, (for some strange reason my artificer and armstech, which both started post 1.2, both stalled out at the skill level at which lvl 20 stuff goes grey. Go figure.) But both synthweaving and armstech have a plethora of lvl 49 recipies from the trainers. (so do cyber, & bio, though it may not matter). I would have assumed the same is true for artifice/armstech.

Well, lvl 49 and 50 stuff creates augment kit parts. Not all that sure on artifice and armstech, (for some strange reason my artificer and armstech, which both started post 1.2, both stalled out at the skill level at which lvl 20 stuff goes grey. Go figure.) But both synthweaving and armstech have a plethora of lvl 49 recipies from the trainers. (so do cyber, & bio, though it may not matter). I would have assumed the same is true for artifice/armstech.

Didn't they say any crafted item would do, via RE, to get aug kit parts ? If so, what about green lvl 49 augments ?

Those are cheap. And if you take in account that when you crit those, you get two, well, it won't be bad. At all.

Unless of course, the augments are the exception and those don't drop a aug kit part when RE'd

Didn't they say any crafted item would do, via RE, to get aug kit parts ? If so, what about green lvl 49 augments ?

Those are cheap. And if you take in account that when you crit those, you get two, well, it won't be bad. At all.

Unless of course, the augments are the exception and those don't drop a aug kit part when RE'd

This was clarified earlier in the thread

That brings other question - any lev 400 armstech thing will do? FOr example, will the reverse engineering of barrel 22, give same mats, as for example RE the "elegant assault cannon" lev 50 moddable orange?

Anything that could crit craft and get an augment. So you can't get the component from a stim or a mod.

So not everything will work.

Given this why can't biochem and artifice also make augment kits as they can make items that grant an augment slot on a crit? (I apologize if this has already been addressed elsewhere.)

I would really like to have and answer to that question. Why can't artifice and biochem RE their lightsabers, relics and implants. Biochem is still very usefull for stims and medpacks, but as far as artifice is concerned I think it will lose it's purpose. I understand less and less the decisions regarding armstech and artifice. Weren't they almost mirrors for force users and non-force users ? I am obviously taking at high level, for which almost every thing that artifice can make and armstech can't is useless.

Only stuff that crits an augment slot, as somebody else posted. So that means "finished' weapons for armstech. (and shields/generators/focii/lightsabers for artifice, I'd assume) All of which (except the oranges) take, I believe, 10 green mats and 2 white, vs. the 4 green mats and 2 white bracers/belts take. And that's exacerbated by the fact that, as far as I'm aware, the amount of mats you get back from REing doesn't seem to be dependant on how many mats were used. You always just seem to get 1 or 2. Which is a far greater percentage of the bracer mats than the weapon/offhand ones.

On the bright side, my synthweaver and armormech are among my most well developed crafters, so don't really need to RE anything more. So can churn out augment kits. My armstech/artificer only have stuff up to around lvl 25 RE'd due to the demands for augmented weapons, so this'll give them an chance to learn the rest of what I'd like them to learn.

I've a similar question pending for my Artiface Crafter. I can't RE my existing Orange Elegant Lightsaber.

I should be able to RE that in the first place for materials. (I can create until I CRIT for Aug slot)

I should get an Aug Kit part for that item once I can RE said item.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been discussed (tough to sift through 20 pages), but...

1.) Bioware, why bother with MK1-5 Augment Kit tiers at all? If players start with MK1 Kits and then have to keep paying to upgrade them, wouldn't it mean most players will gravitate towards the MK6 Kits from the get-go?

I understand MK1-5 tier Kits will be cheaper to make for crafters, but knowing you will eventually need that MK6, and you can go ahead and get it NOW, means that the economical and practical choice will be to ALWAYS use an MK6 Kit.

2.) In a recap of the SWTOR presentation at the London Comic Con MCM Expo, one of the highlights read, "Exceptional crafted items will now get a bonus augment slot". Does this mean critically crafted gear that already has an Augment slot can have a 2nd Augment slot added to it with the Augment Kit? Or am I misinterpreting this?

If yes, I'm not sure I like this idea. This would mean orange critically crafted gear + Augment Kit (for 2 augment slots) would become BiS. I'd rather see BiS gear be set pieces with set bonuses + added Augment. And not just because most of the armor sets look WAY better than the crafted stuff (and gives you a sense of accomplishment, not wearing the same thing everyone else is). But if crafted gear with 2 augment slots becomes BiS, there's no reason to have bosses drop armor tokens. They could just drop mods because that's all anyone is going to want: better mods for their orange gear. :(

Apologies if this has already been discussed (tough to sift through 20 pages), but...

1.) Bioware, why bother with MK1-5 Augment Kit tiers at all? If players start with MK1 Kits and then have to keep paying to upgrade them, wouldn't it mean most players will gravitate towards the MK6 Kits from the get-go?

I understand MK1-5 tier Kits will be cheaper to make for crafters, but knowing you will eventually need that MK6, and you can go ahead and get it NOW, means that the economical and practical choice will be to ALWAYS use an MK6 Kit.

2.) In a recap of the SWTOR presentation at the London Comic Con MCM Expo, one of the highlights read, "Exceptional crafted items will now get a bonus augment slot". Does this mean critically crafted gear that already has an Augment slot can have a 2nd Augment slot added to it with the Augment Kit? Or am I misinterpreting this?

If yes, I'm not sure I like this idea. This would mean orange critically crafted gear + Augment Kit (for 2 augment slots) would become BiS. I'd rather see BiS gear be set pieces with set bonuses + added Augment. And not just because most of the armor sets look WAY better than the crafted stuff (and gives you a sense of accomplishment, not wearing the same thing everyone else is). But if crafted gear with 2 augment slots becomes BiS, there's no reason to have bosses drop armor tokens. They could just drop mods because that's all anyone is going to want: better mods for their orange gear. :(

I think you are over-reading the word 'bonus'. The aug slot from crit crafting is bonus in the sense that you don't have to get a kit and add a slot at a modification table - except that the slot is tier appropriate for the level of the item so unless it is a 49+ item you will have to pay to get a Mk 6 slot anyway.

We have yet to see the cost structure for adding and/or upgrading slots, but I would like to see a system where the cost is dependent on the difference between any current slot and the slot being added. This way crit crafted items would retain some value in the new system. It would also help with your first point here, a player can start with a low tier slot and then upgrade as they need better - really more of a new player thing, for a new alt funded by a rich 50 you may as well get the Mk 6 from the get-go.

I think you are over-reading the word 'bonus'. The aug slot from crit crafting is bonus in the sense that you don't have to get a kit and add a slot at a modification table - except that the slot is tier appropriate for the level of the item so unless it is a 49+ item you will have to pay to get a Mk 6 slot anyway.

OK, I see what you're saying. That makes sense. The context of the post I read indicated that enhancement gear with this "bonus" augment slot would make that gear BiS. I was hoping that wasn't the case. I like the idea of taking Campaign gear mods, putting them in Rakata pieces for the set bonus, and then topping it all off with Augments to create BiS armor and weapons (well, depending on your class/spec). :)

Edited by Sylin

Because a lvl 30 character using a green/blue/purple gun/armor isn't going to need that gun/armor augmented with a mk 6 augment slot, only mk 4 (or w/e)? And probably wouldn't be able to afford the mk 6 one anyways? Not everybody is lvl 50.

OK, I see what you're saying. That makes sense. The context of the post I read indicated that enhancement gear with this "bonus" augment slot would make that gear BiS.)

It will be BiS. A "distinction" it'll presumably share with any other mk6 augmented fully moddable item in the game. Just because one thing is BiS doesn't mean something else, (or in this case, a LOT of something elses) isn't also BiS. (presumably at some point the devs will realize that until they actually FIX the armor where the set bonus is on the armor not the armoring, that stuff will be "uniquely" BiS because you can "double up" on set bonuses, which defeats their entire concept of making any look viable as "BiS". and fix it. Presumably make it so an armoring set bonus overrides an armor set bonus or somesuch.)

Edited by GnatB