The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Wierd how many good mmos are out/on the way

GreatSkua

well I'm honestly not interested in either D3 or GW2, but I too will have a problem in a few months...

I'm still way too addicted to TOR, though.

in a way I'm glad that so many games are actually 'good' lately (again I personally don't see GW2 in this list), as it forces the developers to present us something better - but the concern I have is that it means MMO-player will just spread out and none of the games will actually be able to keep their numbers

How can you enjoy SWTOR when the servers are totally dead.

Nothing to do, no groups for HM Flashpoints, no operations, and now almost no warzones.

Thats really well worth staying for !

Guild wars 2 will be F2P, so I will likely make an account; but I'm not leaving swtor if / till it goes F2P. I'm hoping to get at least five years of gameplay out of swtor.

GW2 is B2P not F2P, you still need to buy the game.

Nothing to do, no groups for HM Flashpoints, no operations, and now almost no warzones.

there are servers that aren't dead.

My server is surly not dead and evenso if I would quit TOR there is no way for me to play GW2, tera, D3... I have absolutely no interest in those games.

Maybe you're just burnt out and need a break; then you can return to a bunch of new content. :)

Only took me one character to 50 to not see a reason to log in anymore :/ I'm not an alt crazy guy. I have one alt that I tried to get past level 13 and couldn't even bring myself to play him either out of pure boredom and lack of people to make this game feel like an MMO. Maybe I'm just set in the old days of MMOs and no new watered down version is going to satisfy me.

there are servers that aren't dead.

But there are alot that are and people are forced to reroll for the sake of grouping.

WHICH wouldn't be so bad if legacy carried over to other servers but it doesn't.

Most people don't want to leave behind several characters they took time to level.

Even if it means torturing themselves everyday by stuggling to do most content that requires more than one player.

But there are alot that are and people are forced to reroll for the sake of grouping.

WHICH wouldn't be so bad if legacy carried over to other servers but it doesn't.

Most people don't want to leave behind several characters they took time to level.

Even if it means torturing themselves everyday by stuggling to do most content that requires more than one player.

oh I know that, I'm merely stating that the game itself is not the problem. it's immense fun when you have people to play with, and before quitting completely people might have to 'simply' reroll. but maybe it's because I never understood the mindset of 'I'd rather quit a game than play the level phase again'.

secret world looks like it'll be good enough to hold me over till GW2. i'll find out in the beta this coming weekend and i'll have to play D3. luckily secret world launches the day after my swtor sub ends so it's a win.

Star Wars universe is huge and have way more to give then just passing most of the time in a uggly fleet.

Most part of the game are instanced. And even more at level 50.

You'll go out for your datacron but then thats it. You'll stay in the fleet and wait people to log in,

We have all seen the rackgnoul event, there was a lot of people back due to 1.2 coming out with all the promises (promises, promises, always promises lol) and this event was actually bringing us out.

We felt imerged we were meeting people outside and forming group outside of the awkward fleet lol.

As PvE aspect im satisfacted.

But as the population is slowly getting low im getting aswell unable to do that PvE.

Last week i havnt done any PvE content at all due to lack of people.....

Im in a PvP server and concider myself as a pvp junky so as most of my guildies.

I think most people feel the same way:

there is no challenge.

Challenge isnt about the time you need to spend to get a gear.... ffs.

Challenge is about getting a solid group and beat another group.

Challenge is about picking on a guy that you know is good and gonna defeat him cause it make you happy cause it might make him QQ cause it will create a reaction, create a war or w/e.

To me we are in a trap where we dont give us the choice to be free.

Sadly today i unsubbed and subbed on another game.

I didnt do it happily but am i going to roll other character on another server cause -bioware- (maybe more EA lol) failed at planning simple things that are game breaker?

Hell i already got 6 character, 2 lvl 50, 2 crafter lvl 30+ and some noobies that i was planning to play. my legacy is around 30+.

I am like most of people which joined this game.

We joined it with friends and we spent the start of game thinking this would be it and we wont have to be in a dieing game.

Sadly now i fight agaisnt my friend because population is to low that just suck lol.

The announcement for transfer / merge have been to shy.

I have been looking at stats of server population and my server is right in the middle of all the mess.

But its more like there is half that are dieing NOW, and there is then the middle range server that are slowly getting empty and then you have the rest that is prolly composed of 10 - 15 server that worse beeing played.

Now face it the announcement havnt been voiced that much, we got no answer from the devs and they call it to early summer that mean like in 2 month if we lucky and prolly 3 tbh.

At this rate no one gonna stay on those dieing server.

(ye there might eb a content patch in between bringing a few guys in that will be also sad to see that they not bble to play the game cause population got low, wouldnt have been such a prolbme for pvp junky if the ranking and cross server was here in time, but its not here so now what?)

SWG had everything to be the game a kind of people were looking for,

and there was enough people to create an ambiance and make this game feel alive.

Not anymore.

The game feel sad and we are close to be really bored

(im sure people which are on even lower polulation server then mine must have already got bored a month before 1.2).

I was shocked how good swtor is. havent played a mmo for more then 5 levels since wow an i have 2 50s in swtor. an now d3, guild wars 2 as well :o anyone else feel overwhelemed?

You havent played an mmo for more than 5 levels and you think your opinion is worthy? Haha.

Lets see,

Rift takes about 6 minutes to get to level 5.

WAR took about 9 minutes to get to level 5.

Aion took about 12 mintutes to get to level 5.

Such a broad experience you have in games of such depth.

Not quite sure why you put D3 (i was very excited for that up until the beta weekend recently, kill all interest I had) one a list of MMOs... But yea, there is a lot coming out at the moment and the coming year, a lot that looks good. Secret World and GW2 are the two I have the most interest in, there is also a bunch of shooter and RTS MMOs coming out and of course a TES MMO was announced just recently...