Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

7k assassin shock crit.. fyi

easeyway

Very good my friend. Indeed, this was on a debuffed target, with experptise buff, relic and recklessness ofc. an energized shock on a squishy sorc usually hits for close to 6.. but i just though 7k was kinda ridiculus.

IF you were wearing war hero, or quite a bit and the opponent was wearing recruit or none (I've seen idiots go in without any pvp gear so that 20% increase damage really hurts them while they were wearing leveling up greens)

That picture certainly does not tell what you achieved the 5k hit with. Its most likely Assassinate, not one of the available AoE skills AMKSED asked for.

Cause i'am really going to have a screenshot of my aoe blasting a group of people. That's the problem with the internet people just refuse to trust a person word. Not my problem it doesn't affect me either way I shouldn't have got a 5k hit as tank.

I don't know how it happened or what caused it iam just saying it how it happened from what I saw on my screen i pressed discharge and got my first 5k medal.

Edited by PendragonIX

About 3.5k is the most you would crit for using shock against an equally geared player, debuffs would boost it more. Still a very nice hit on some poor gimp.

njaa, when i pop my stuff i am certain to get 4.5 no matter gear on the person but.. but yea, i thought it was kinda nice aswell. poor pube

About 3.5k is the most you would crit for using shock against an equally geared player, debuffs would boost it more. Still a very nice hit on some poor gimp.

That's odd, because im a valor 87 medic operative with 29.05% dmg reduction in BM/WH combination, and it still hits me for 4.5k. Awful marauders in standard BM crit for 5k+ on smash.

Broken much? nerf that **** now

Darkness specced (tankasin), energized shock with everything popped.

It's riduculus, i know..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/38873595.jpg/

Most people want big numbers for killing. I prefer Acritity as I do not hit as hard but like a machine gun.

(I get a free cast with a cast and the more often that happens the more damage goes out)

Besides my view is 8 2k hits in 10 seconds vs 3 5k hits in 10 seconds.

Also I get 5k crits sometimes so the longer I stand there casting the faster my numbers go up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rGwVe0bx4&list=UUULwPKqrRFCtNv5_xMuOqQw&index=1&feature=plcp

Most people want big numbers for killing. I prefer Acritity as I do not hit as hard but like a machine gun.

(I get a free cast with a cast and the more often that happens the more damage goes out)

Also I get 5k crits sometimes so the longer I stand there casting the faster my numbers go up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3rGwVe0bx4&list=UUULwPKqrRFCtNv5_xMuOqQw&index=1&feature=plcp

No, just no.

Easeway,

You're in DPS gear? How much power dp you have?

He said 1200 expertise, 800 power earlier. And 5.5k+ energized shock hits are common for relic/adrenal/recklessness timed energized shock crits against sage/sorcerer without bubble even when they're equally geared when you have that much power.

Damage medals don't count by adding total damage dealt by an AoE on all targets - if you get a 5k medal, it's for doing 5k damage to a single target (otherwise Sorcerers and Assassins with Death Field would ALWAYS get 5k damage medals - but it only counts highest single-damage hit) - now there is one exception: if you hit someone that is being guarded with an AoE as well as the person giving the guard to that player, then the damage on the tank will be base + guarded damage.

As a healer sorcerer I can get the 2.5k crit medal with lightning storm so that logic doesn't make any sense at all. There is NO WAY I can crit for 2.5k on a single target with lightning storm, the single target crits are only ~1200 or so. No way I could even do it with guarded damage spillover. Frequently if I lightning storm a group or 4-5 people in voidstar I will get the 2.5k crit medal.

Yeah... no. You should be stacking power/crit (and some surge) - pretty sure you're balance-specced so stacking alacrity is a waste for many reasons (I'm madness Sorc). Also, you shouldn't be critting anyone for 5k+ unless they're naked or very undergeared (and lacking inquis/consular buff) with your mirror to my deathfield (even then you'll still need to have a good bit of power + surge). Wait until people catch up in gear and you'll be lucky to break 4k crits (even when you DO drop alacrity - which is only a matter of time).

Just gotta say (even though it is not the topic per se), don't go with alacrity. What you want is big chunks of damage your target can't get healed out of.

On topic: people are talking about full tank gear... even the shield? because I just forego the shield for a dps off-hand.

It DOES make a difference in damage output.

As a healer sorcerer I can get the 2.5k crit medal with lightning storm so that logic doesn't make any sense at all. There is NO WAY I can crit for 2.5k on a single target with lightning storm, the single target crits are only ~1200 or so. No way I could even do it with guarded damage spillover. Frequently if I lightning storm a group or 4-5 people in voidstar I will get the 2.5k crit medal.

Sounds like a bug to me. If AoE's counted all damage dealt to all targets, I'd have highest hits of 9-12k (my empowered death field hits for 3-4k each target and I alway try to hit 3 people when I pop relic/adrenal/recklessness)every WZ from death field. Maybe certain AoE's happen to be bugged, tho. Lightning Storm is a terribad ability to waste 100 force on (with the only exception being to use it for preventing bomb diffusions and maybe to behave like an AoE slow at bottlenecks - its damage is awful - ~ 300-500 per geared person per tick, maximum 5 targets). Honestly wouldn't surprise me, though if it IS bugged. I suppose this would explain why the tankasin might've gotten his 5k damage medal from discharge in an earlier post, but damage values for damage medals and highest hits aren't supposed to be based off AoE damage to all targets.

Just gotta say (even though it is not the topic per se), don't go with alacrity. What you want is big chunks of damage your target can't get healed out of.

On topic: people are talking about full tank gear... even the shield? because I just forego the shield for a dps off-hand.

It DOES make a difference in damage output.

I wear the stalker set with power/surge mods (surge up to 350, then alacrity as surge doesn't scale very well above that), wh off-hand with power/surge, only use shield for 1v1's.

Sinnedwill, thanks for responding to the lad :)

Edited by easeyway

Cause i'am really going to have a screenshot of my aoe blasting a group of people. That's the problem with the internet people just refuse to trust a person word. Not my problem it doesn't affect me either way I shouldn't have got a 5k hit as tank.

I don't know how it happened or what caused it iam just saying it how it happened from what I saw on my screen i pressed discharge and got my first 5k medal.

There's combat logs in the game now. Posting a SS saying you got a 5k hit in a WZ doesn't mean jack. Oh and hopefully you realize that hitting someone for 5k with literally no-gear on isn't a feat of some kind.

There's combat logs in the game now. Posting a SS saying you got a 5k hit in a WZ doesn't mean jack. Oh and hopefully you realize that hitting someone for 5k with literally no-gear on isn't a feat of some kind.

you quoted someone else, but got a feeling the last part was ment for me? .. actually i posted a SS of the shock actually hitting for 5.8k.. something i did fast just to prove that it's easily done. i get 5k medals in every warzone and i'll be posting an SS from combat logg tmr for your sake :) 5k discharge as tankasin thou, that doesn't happen, so idk what that guy is on about.

and i do realize hitting someone with no gear means nothing, but hitting someone for 7k shocks tankasin, no matter what, i think is pretty ridicilous, but what do i know :)

Oh wait that was in another thread i posted those pics, here it is; http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/51371630.jpg/

Edited by easeyway

you quoted someone else, but got a feeling the last part was ment for me? .. actually i posted a SS of the shock actually hitting for 5.8k.. something i did fast just to prove that it's easily done. i get 5k medals in every warzone and i'll be posting an SS from combat logg tmr for your sake :) 5k discharge as tankasin thou, that doesn't happen, so idk what that guy is on about.

and i do realize hitting someone with no gear means nothing, but hitting someone for 7k shocks tankasin, no matter what, i think is pretty ridicilous, but what do i know :)

Oh wait that was in another thread i posted those pics, here it is; http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/51371630.jpg/

ouch 8745 damage in one that one hit... that's pretty brutal and that burst should not be allowed.

To all idiots. I hope you understand that you crit only this high against ppl with no expertise.

unless someone has negative expertise, you can extrapolate the 23% or so to about 5500 on someone with equivalent expertise, add some more armor and you're still in the 5k+ range.

Wait, why ppl post pic's in so terrible quality...

How do i know its isnt photoshoped?

I play tank-sin and never ever crit for more than 3.7k with shock with all adrenals, relics etc.... againts full bm geared sorc...

Teach me how you do that.. :)

Wait, why ppl post pic's in so terrible quality...

How do i know its isnt photoshoped?

I play tank-sin and never ever crit for more than 3.7k with shock with all adrenals, relics etc.... againts full bm geared sorc...

Teach me how you do that.. :)

stack power and energize your shocks

Damage medals don't count by adding total damage dealt by an AoE on all targets - if you get a 5k medal, it's for doing 5k damage to a single target (otherwise Sorcerers and Assassins with Death Field would ALWAYS get 5k damage medals - but it only counts highest single-damage hit) - now there is one exception: if you hit someone that is being guarded with an AoE as well as the person giving the guard to that player, then the damage on the tank will be base + guarded damage.

Furthermore, shock damage values for tankasins can easily hit for over 6k on squishies (sorc/sages without bubbles) or medium armor wearers with defense values reduced via merc/commando tracer/grav round stacks. All that is needed for this is an energized shock proc, typical tankasin spec, pop relics/adrenals + recklessness and bam, 6k+ shock, so 7k+ could very easily come from shock on an ungeared 50. Still requires the stars to align, though.

A sorcerer can do a 4k Deathfield when stars align (and is not a tank specced dps), go figure if this is ok or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.