Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

7k assassin shock crit.. fyi

easeyway

Personally i've hit a 5k discharge (Hit 7 people at the same time giving me the 5k medal) and iam running a tank with full tank gear. So it's really no surprise seeing a 7k shock from a someone playing dps. Edited by PendragonIX

How do you know it was a shock? You don't

Personally i've hit a 5k discharge (Hit 7 people at the same time giving me the 5k medal) and iam running a tank with full tank gear.

Sin/shadows are most likely the strongest class in game atm with all things considered. However Im gonna say it could have also been Maul, because I see it hit higher numbers then Shock, and more often.

You people are incredible.

For one, the thread starter and the player displaying a 7k crit are one and the same, so one would assume he knows what he crit with for that 7k.

Secondly and addressing the original poster, there's no way to hit for 7k with shock by yourself, regardless of consumables used. Feel free to try on the dummies on the fleet and you will realize your 7k hit was only possible due to the fact that you had access to some very broken debuffs.

Personally i've hit a 5k discharge (Hit 7 people at the same time giving me the 5k medal) and iam running a tank with full tank gear. So it's really no surprise seeing a 7k shock from a someone playing dps.

No you don't.

Personally i've hit a 5k discharge (Hit 7 people at the same time giving me the 5k medal) and iam running a tank with full tank gear. So it's really no surprise seeing a 7k shock from a someone playing dps.

Damage medals don't count by adding total damage dealt by an AoE on all targets - if you get a 5k medal, it's for doing 5k damage to a single target (otherwise Sorcerers and Assassins with Death Field would ALWAYS get 5k damage medals - but it only counts highest single-damage hit) - now there is one exception: if you hit someone that is being guarded with an AoE as well as the person giving the guard to that player, then the damage on the tank will be base + guarded damage.

Furthermore, shock damage values for tankasins can easily hit for over 6k on squishies (sorc/sages without bubbles) or medium armor wearers with defense values reduced via merc/commando tracer/grav round stacks. All that is needed for this is an energized shock proc, typical tankasin spec, pop relics/adrenals + recklessness and bam, 6k+ shock, so 7k+ could very easily come from shock on an ungeared 50. Still requires the stars to align, though.

Edited by SinnedWill

Damage medals don't count by adding total damage dealt by an AoE on all targets - if you get a 5k medal, it's for doing 5k damage to a single target (otherwise Sorcerers and Assassins with Death Field would ALWAYS get 5k damage medals - but it only counts highest single-damage hit) - now there is one exception: if you hit someone that is being guarded with an AoE as well as the person giving the guard to that player, then the damage on the tank will be base + guarded damage.

Furthermore, shock damage values for tankasins can easily hit for over 6k on squishies (sorc/sages without bubbles) or medium armor wearers with defense values reduced via merc/commando tracer/grav round stacks. All that is needed for this is an energized shock proc, typical tankasin spec, pop relics/adrenals + recklessness and bam, 6k+ shock, so 7k+ could very easily come from shock on an ungeared 50.

This is why Operatives/Scoundrels, and BHs/Vangards are overpowered.

Very good my friend. Indeed, this was on a debuffed target, with experptise buff, relic and recklessness ofc. an energized shock on a squishy sorc usually hits for close to 6.. but i just though 7k was kinda ridiculus.

No you don't.

Because you know everything right.

I didn't know that thanks for clearing that up, I just lept on the most logically answer to getting it i've only done it once.

Edited by PendragonIX

Very good my friend. Indeed, this was on a debuffed target, with experptise buff, relic and recklessness ofc. an energized shock on a squishy sorc usually hits for close to 6.. but i just though 7k was kinda ridiculus.

Tank spec, or deception? I'm just curious. Too bad you didn't get a chain-shock proc off that :D

Because you know everything right.

I can tell you there aren't enough damage modifiers in SWTOR to let a tank spec'd Assassin/Shadow hit for 5k with their AoE.

Edited by AMKSED

I can tell you there aren't enough damage modifiers in SWTOR to let a tank spec'd Assassin/Shadow hit for 5k with their AoE.

My sin is only level 45, but i can tell you I'd be pretty impressed with a 3k discharge, let alone a 5k.

Iam not going to debate this with you I know nothing about the mechanics iam just saying what happened if you choose not to believe I wear full tank gear that's your problem.

Iam not going to debate this with you I know nothing about the mechanics iam just saying what happened if you choose not to believe I wear full tank gear that's your problem.

Post a screenshot. Because I know for 100% fact, there aren't enough damage modifiers in this game for even a tank in DPS gear.

You people are incredible.

For one, the thread starter and the player displaying a 7k crit are one and the same, so one would assume he knows what he crit with for that 7k.

Secondly and addressing the original poster, there's no way to hit for 7k with shock by yourself, regardless of consumables used. Feel free to try on the dummies on the fleet and you will realize your 7k hit was only possible due to the fact that you had access to some very broken debuffs.

Energized shock proc (from thrash or lacerate) + recklessness + adrenal + trinket is very possible on dummies.

Tank spec, or deception? I'm just curious. Too bad you didn't get a chain-shock proc off that :D

Chain-shock proc damage counts as a second attack, so if it were a chain-shock proc, only the first damage would count as being considered for a "highest hit" or damage medals. But yes, a chain-shock proc off of that certainly would've dropped the target (most likely a sorc/sage unbubbled) by a total of ~ 9-10k.

Let me break it down for you :)

the "biggest hit" shown is a result of 1 single hit you had on 1 single target .i.e you can't use discharge that hits 5 ppl for 1.5k and it gets added up, doesn't work like that.

I did get a chain-shock, and that resulted in my first hit, 7k, the second hit, 3.5k.. those are two seperate crits/hits.

I have never seen close to 5k shocks on any tankasin, that's why i posted this :)

I got 1200expertise and 800 power, so i know a thing or two about high crits..

Also, a 5k discharge as a tankasin is no where near possible mate

Edited by easeyway

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.