Helpful Ideas for BW to improve their PvP and ideas for new Huttball map and traps

KhalDrogoe

First, we all know that BW is suffering greatly on the PvP side, and frankly they can't do anything right. So I am going to give them some ideas (and welcome other helpful people to do the same) on how to change PvP for the better. Also reply with addittional huttball trap ideas for a new map.

BW, no one wants these crappy tug o'war maps.

The pvp daily and weekly quests are garbage and not worth doing, nor are fun doing.

Make a changing daily such as earn a platinum defender medal, score a huttball goal, stuff like that instead of this generic crap. Or add them in ADDITION to the current daily. Get more people queueing till they get these warzones.

Voidstar IS the WORST map you have. Toss it in the fail bin with rateds and ilum. Or re-work CW to be a training scenario and have voidstar be the only map you see vs. pubs.

Make a capture the flag map. Or like a 1 flag CTF where you have to infiltrate and then drag the flag back to your base.

Add a new huttball arena with traps like

Spike traps or caltrops or something, that causes bleeding and a slow effect.

a tunnel/choke point that crushes people from the ceiling or sides, (or the high part on the map (that ranged like to hang out)

flame turrets or mannable turrets, allows people that aren't quite geared to participate somehow

Maybe put a vibro-sword on a stick and have it circle around the ball spawn, that both knocks people back and causes bleed or something.

A pressure plate that shoots out poison arrows.

Maybe an electric floor section that stuns people that are walking on it.

Put wind turrets that push characters different directions like N/S/E/W instead of up.

Swinging lightsabers.... (since BW favors Republic Jedi)

Maybe put a roving droid that attacks people.

Explosive packed mouse droids released into the arena and have heat seakers.

Maybe a fallaway floor that drops people to the lowest level.

Bars that change which paths you can take, forcing re-routing/passing.

Maybe have a giant ball that rolls through the middle of the map every 30 seconds or so and kills everyone on it's path.

Instead of the 2-minute warning, release a rancor that attacks closest target (and disable respawns) and then the last one to have the ball wins for ties.

(Last one comes as a response from latest Q&A) And not just for PvE wise, but allow color crystals to apply as "coloring" for chest mod. Or an "aura" generator for people in Full WH. Or something like that.

I can't tell you what a relief it is to see someone offering more suggestions than complaints. Methinks this more constructive then "DUDE SCREW YOUR RESOLVE SYSTEM I'M GOING HOME!

Lord knows I've done my fair share. But it's not working, so hopefully I can kick-start BW"s PvP team's creative mojo.:D

Responses in red

Voidstar IS the WORST map you have.

It can be fun but I fear it will end in a tie quite often in rateds.

flame turrets or mannable turrets, allows people that aren't quite geared to participate somehow

Sounds fun!

Maybe an electric floor section that stuns people that are walking on it.

I like this. My first thought was a hazard that carbonized you for a few seconds. Should the ball carrier keep the ball though? Maybe it should fall next to him and anyone can pick it back up?

Put wind turrets that push characters different directions like N/S/E/W instead of up.

I would love it if a little light circled around the current air jet that told you where it would throw you.

Swinging lightsabers.... (since BW favors Republic Jedi)

um, both factions use lightsabers last I checked. Also, I invite you to google a little ability called Project...

Maybe put a roving droid that attacks people.

^THIS! I think mobs in warzones would be awesome and really spice things up.

Maybe a fallaway floor that drops people to the lowest level.

Bars that change which paths you can take, forcing re-routing/passing.

Maybe have a giant ball that rolls through the middle of the map every 30 seconds or so and kills everyone on it's path.

Fan of these as well

Hutball over sarlaac. Tentacles that pull you in instead of flame pits, and springborads on the ships like in rotj that bounce you up, use the flotilla ships as the platforms. Sarclaac is thousands of years old. It would rule.

Burp

Hutball over sarlaac. Tentacles that pull you in instead of flame pits, and springborads on the ships like in rotj that bounce you up, use the flotilla ships as the platforms. Sarclaac is thousands of years old. It would rule.

Burp

Nice, I was also thinking of something like that, just couldn't put it into words. In a thousand years though it would get extremely fat :cool:

• 2 months later...
First, we all know that BW is suffering greatly on the PvP side, and frankly they can't do anything right. So I am going to give them some ideas (and welcome other helpful people to do the same) on how to change PvP for the better. Also reply with addittional huttball trap ideas for a new map.

i wonder if you play a warrior / knight?

as a pyro, i am in 100% disagreement with your assessment of WZs. I absolutely hate huttball since i can't get around any of the traps, no way to jump levels, and a gap closer (grapple) that doesn't work 99% of the time thanks to resolve.

however, I love voidstar, everything's on the same level. gap closers don't matter because everyone has to go to the same spot.

so, in summary, i want everything you don't want. :D

• 8 months later...