Stand up for Bioware and Early Access!

A_Reaver

I can't be the only one that's getting beyond annoyed with the dozens of thread ************ and whining about how this is the worse idea ever cause I DIDN'T GET IN THE FIRST WAVE I SHOULD BE PLAYING/whine

I for one I completely content with waiting till the actual launch day since you know that's the day that the game actually comes out? I'm looking forward to E.A. sure but am I going to cry myself to sleep tonight because I didn't get in today? NO! E.A. Is a PRIVILEGE not a right as they said it's all about when you pre-ordered so if you pre-ordered after july STOP CRYING AND WAIT YOUR TURN!

Anyone actually agree with me?

Anyone actually agree with me?

Yup. Also I already have my invite, but I won't be able to play until later tonight and then not to much because I have to be up early because my mother is having surgery so it's also unlikely I'll get to play tomorrow. But am I upset? No, there is plenty of time to play the game later.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

It would have been a good idea, if they didnt hold their cards so close to the body, give people an ETA on when they get in.

That is what people are pissed off about, that they are wasting their time waiting for an email that may or may not come.

Yup. Also I already have my invite, but I won't be able to play until later tonight and then not to much because I have to be up early because my mother is having surgery so it's also unlikely I'll get to play tomorrow. But am I upset? No, there is plenty of time to play the game later.

EXACTLY!!! Everyone is acting like we only get to play it this week then it disappears forever

I laugh a little each time i hear someone cancelled their pre-order just because they didnt get in on day 1 of early access.

I by the way am still waiting for my email. i mean in one thread someone says that bioware is acting illegally because not everyone got in on day 1. people are pissed off becasue every single invite isnt going to the people who pre-ordered first.

we have no idea the criteria for early access selection invites are going out. 50% could be those who pre-ordered the first month with the rest in between now and then.

its not like SWTor is the only game out there.... i might go run some more STF's while waiting.

Edited by Tenkari

Its amazing how childish people are acting! I woke up at 6am and had coffee in me by the time the first wave went out at 7. I Pre-ordered the first day but went 6to days before registering. I was hoping for first day access but im not going to cry if it doesn't happen. I will just ne up early again tommarow hoping for the best

I will commend them on a smooth launch in terms of server stability. However, they fail at having a smooth launch on the community level and at the end of the day server stability doesn't pay their bills.

+1 ^^

I'd be perfectly content waiting while peacefully trolling the forums. But all the QQ Ragers vs. Fanboi Defenders flame war posts, does nothing to create an enjoyable community and make trying to pass time on the forums infuriating.

It would have been a good idea, if they didnt hold their cards so close to the body, give people an ETA on when they get in.

That is what people are pissed off about, that they are wasting their time waiting for an email that may or may not come.

I agree, so many threads would go away if they just told us when we get in, at this point they know when each person gets in...send out an email and 75% of the threads go away.

I won't say that I'm annoyed by all the threads complaining they're not getting in on the 1st,2nd,3rd..etc waves. It's rather funny to see them because it was stated that you MAY get early access UP TO 5 days earlier, but there wasn't a promise saying everyone who pre-ordered would get in on the 1st day.

Alot of people seem to not understand this & so I will just continue to watch the threads as the entertainment unfolds. :D

I agree, and I don't have my invite. Just need to have a small amount of common sense that the date in which you purchase the pre-order and redeemed your code is directly relevant to the day you will get in! It isn't rocket science. Maybe they should have had a requirement for people to sign a document stating they understand and are aware of how the EGA works! Ahh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

This happens in every launch. Not usually because of staggering, but because of queue's and downtime not allowing players to participate. What people fail to remember every go-around is that early access is a *privilege* of preordering. It states that you WILL be able to play by at some point during the 5 days before launch. The game doesn't actually *start* until 12/20. I don't get why people are so butthurt over this, blaming Bioware, saying it's a failed launch. From what I'm hearing everything is running quite smoothly so far. Be happy that people are playing at all. Can we not remember all the games that had actual hardware issues on launch day where we couldn't even play at all? Or plagued by queues and even though we were able to connect to the login server and we were officially "in" we couldn't actually PLAY the game. Bioware is doing a responsible job. I'm not saying they had the best freakin idea in the world with this staggered launch but so far it's working, and I give them some credit for that.

It would be irresponsible to open the floodgates. There would be just as many QQ threads about that as there are about the staggered launch and why they deserve to be in right now because they ordered on X date blah blah blah.

I laugh a little each time i hear someone cancelled their pre-order just because they didnt get in on day 1 of early access.

I by the way am still waiting for my email. i mean in one thread someone says that bioware is acting illegally because not everyone got in on day 1. people are pissed off becasue every single invite isnt going to the people who pre-ordered first.

we have no idea the criteria for early access selection invites are going out. 50% could be those who pre-ordered the first month with the rest in between now and then.

its not like SWTor is the only game out there.... i might go run some more STF's while waiting.

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

Taken right from the wave thread!