Serious question on chest size

fussbottom

I don't follow forums too closely at all so I don't know if this has been asked and answered but is anyone else bothered by how every female in the game, be she anorexic or normal, has massive, unnaturally massive breasts? Have the game designers considered randomizing cup size or making them more realistic?

Unnatural? You mean like lekku, face tentacles, dark side corruption, cybernetic implants, lightning shooting from your hands, etc.?

How do you know that breasts in the Star Wars galaxy aren't all normally like that? None of the NPCs seem to make a big deal about it in the game, so that must just be the way they are there.

Edited by EJedi

Yeah it is weird all females have big *****, I mean it's not like all the male characters have huge muscles thanks to the different body types, I think they should have varied female breast size with the body types, so body type 1 and 3 would have small, 2 average and 4 would have BIG *****. I think the size varies atm but the proportion of **** size to body size seems to stay the same.

Still having seen far worse in that Tera game it doesn't bother me, not that there being worse makes this okay but it's not like this game does much in the way of objectification so it's alright.

It's a common trait among the geek nation. Look at comics/graphic novels for example. I find your comment about 'anorexic' to be offensive. My skinny female consular has a vitamin deficiency.

Actually it goes back to stylized artwork similiar to comic books. Essentialy what you wind up with is exaggerated body archtypes, exaggerated facial features, etc. It hammers home (visually/subconciously) who is the bad guy and who is the good guy.

Now, TOR doesnt exactly follow the guidelines you see in comic art, but it follows the essentially style of making toons seem more heroic, by exaggerating their features. Women in game, wind up with proportionately.... odd bodies, that are considered by the vast majority to be attractive and capable at that same time. Men wind up looking like greek statues of human perfection. Even the "Overweight" bodies, look more like solid powerlifters and less like jerry springer guests.

Even the "Overweight" bodies, look more like solid powerlifters and less like jerry springer guests.

I agreed with everything you said until this point. I'd definitely say that the male body type 4 looks like he's been on Jerry Springer as a recurring guest.

Fair enough, either way, I think the basic premise is sound.

Agreed. It might be better than playing the Greek god/Amazon lady. I haven't made a character that's not body type 2 yet.

Edited by flyersfan

I do not understand the question.

Are you suggesting that they should be smaller?

As opposed to the chiseled, handsome men with the huge pecs and the odd prominent bulge in most video games.

Because I totally look like that in real life.

:rolleyes:

Men are the cause of the ridiculousness of both genders. We're really vain.

Well I am a female gamer and I have no problem with busty female character types. Just give me clothes and no chain mail bikinis and I'm good.

Back in the day I had about 10 of the same miniature painted differently for DND gaming (tabletop, remember it?) because it was the only female mini I could find that had actual clothes on. ;)

Although I would like a chain mail or leopard skin thong for Aric when my female troopers woos him. ;) <hey women like eye candy too you know> :)

Agreed with the OP. I'm a guy but I find it creepy and think it reflects poorly on Bioware that 99% of the women in this game are at least a D cup or larger--sometimes much larger. Where is this game set, Britain?

The odd part is, there are NPC's who clearly are less robust--Kaliyo, Mako, Elara, Satele--but this body type appears reserved only for them. I feel like Bioware in this case figured that adding a "Bust size" customization option would have been a very, very bad idea (and probably caused issue's with the game's rating) so they figured, "Well, the majority of the players are young men, and young men like big *****."

Incidentally, male body type 4 is really weird and does in fact resemble a "powerlifter" because you have a chisled six pack. lolwut?

I don't follow forums too closely at all so I don't know if this has been asked and answered but is anyone else bothered by how every female in the game, be she anorexic or normal, has massive, unnaturally massive breasts? Have the game designers considered randomizing cup size or making them more realistic?

I take it this is your first Bioware game. You should look at their other games, especially the Dragon Age series.