I do not NEED to join a guild, it is 2012

If the only way I can get something done is by joining a guild and waiting for all of us to log in at the same time, then how is that a "MASSIVE" online game experience. I have been a gamer for over 20 years now. You know what you call multiplayer where you plan to play a game at a certain time and play soley with those people... COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER. That is not new, I can do that right now on my old Sega Genesis, I can tell my fiance we are going to play at 8pm, then at that time we begin playing.

If it is MASSIVE then I should be playing with everyone on my server, in fact you should know the names of many of the people you run into on your server and join up with different people from time to time. I should not need to join a guild to do a HM FP, because in a decent MMO, if there is over at least 200 people on at one time- then I should be able to get at least 3 of you to join me. The problem is we cannot communicate with everyone at one time in this MMO, which I guess will eventually be fixed.

The solution cannot be "well join a guild", in every MMO I have played when I wanted to form a large group of over 20 people to tackle something, I simply went to each map and posted in the general chat. Some games allow you to post server wide messages. No one NEEDS to join a guild, we need better communication ingame.

I know I am not the only promiscuous gamer here, I can't be the only person WHO LIKES playing with different people from time to time.

I know I am not the only promiscuous gamer here, I can't be the only person WHO LIKES playing with different people from time to time.

Bow chicka bow wow!

:D

You only need to join a guild if you want a guaranteed 100% certain grouping. Some people perfer to play solo and others have a small clique of friends, real and online, they would rather run with.

I learnt to loathe being in a Guild (or Corp, whatever) about 10 to 12 years ago. They're full of drama queens, whingers, cliques, leechers and ninja looters. Guild Chat is full of pointless, moronic waffle which isn't even worth glancing at more than once or twice an evening. I've never bothered with guilds ever since because they're pointless as well as irritating.

I learnt to loathe being in a Guild (or Corp, whatever) about 10 to 12 years ago. They're full of drama queens, whingers, cliques, leechers and ninja looters. Guild Chat is full of pointless, moronic waffle which isn't even worth glancing at more than once or twice an evening. I've never bothered with guilds ever since because they're pointless as well as irritating.
I am sorry you never experienced a quality guild, then. You will likely never know what you are missing.

You are absolutely right. You do not NEED to join a guild. Just as in real life, you do not NEED to have friends that you enjoy to hang around with however, some of us actually enjoying having the company of others they already know. Edited by haliy

I'm like the rest here, i don't have a guild, don't need one, but was thinking, since we all have something in common, we could create our own guild?

Hows that?

---

In more serious terms, I share the idea of the OP, i am in a guild, but raids and grouping times are not compatible with my schedule, so i end up playing at times where very few ppl in guild are online, if we just had x-server (not the single server) i think i would be able to get some ppl to run some group content, at any time.

Btw, single server LFG will be coming, but mark my words, some months after, when x-server is tested properly, it will be implemented, why do i care to have a LFG tool if at 23pm on my server there is like no one online do to content.

Edited by kryator

You only need to join a guild if you want a guaranteed 100% certain grouping. Some people perfer to play solo and others have a small clique of friends, real and online, they would rather run with.

Sadly BioWare don't like people in such small guilds (look at the guild bank to see that if your guild has not at least 12 members, it is considered not worth a guild bank). I have a very small guild with just a few friends, still I had run world bosses, operations and other such things with groups of mixed guilds.

I would like to see a system, like the one GW2 will have, also in SWTOR, where I can join more than one guild (only representing one at a time), and making even small guilds viable.

I agree....

But for me the answer is utilize cross server in addition to massive server merges, other than that this community has also been, fairly "unfriendly" and "reclusive" going back far before the launch of this game.

Sadly BioWare don't like people in such small guilds (look at the guild bank to see that if your guild has not at least 12 members, it is considered not worth a guild bank). I have a very small guild with just a few friends, still I had run world bosses, operations and other such things with groups of mixed guilds.

I would like to see a system, like the one GW2 will have, also in SWTOR, where I can join more than one guild (only representing one at a time), and making even small guilds viable.

I think you just need 12 characters in a guild to qualify for a guild bank. 3 friends with four characters each in a guild can get past the restriction.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

I think you just need 12 characters in a guild to qualify for a guild bank. 3 friends with four characters each in a guild can get past the restriction.

But makes that not wonder that the requirement is unnecessary in the first place?

:rak_02::rak_03::rak_04::rak_01: <--new smilies i guess

but anyway, i agree. id much rather just be able to do a random pickup group when i want to...not that i want to..id rather just do everything by myself.

flip side of the OP coin -- being promiscuous and enjoying it -- there isnt anything i can do with others i cant also do better alone. :D

Never understand why people play a mmo but want to just do pick up groups. What is so wrong with joining a guild?

nothing wrong if you like it...

dont expect everyone else to enjoy what you enjoy. and stop expecting everyone to have the same definition of "multiplayer" that you do.

like the op said theres "multiplayer"..then theres "cooperative multiplayer".

multiplayer -- is when theres more than one doing it at the same time.

cooperative multiplayer -- is when theres more than one doing it at the same time, but with eachother.

theres also non-cooperative multiplayer, or combative multiplayer... IE pvp.

Edited by Anathar

nothing wrong if you like it...

dont expect everyone else to enjoy what you enjoy. and stop expecting everyone to have the same definition of "multiplayer" that you do.

like the op said theres "multiplayer"..then theres "cooperative multiplayer".

multiplayer -- is when theres more than one doing it at the same time.

cooperative multiplayer -- is when theres more than one doing it at the same time, but with eachother.

What he is saying is he doesnt want to have to deal with other people. Its all about him and he wants a group when he wants a group. Things simply do not work that way in any MMO. If you want to do a lot of grouping that means you might have to actually deal with other people. People who just like you are not perfect. Its the whole social aspect of these games.

What he is saying is he doesnt want to have to deal with other people. Its all about him and he wants a group when he wants a group. Things simply do not work that way in any MMO. If you want to do a lot of grouping that means you might have to actually deal with other people. People who just like you are not perfect. Its the whole social aspect of these games.

but in order to chat with someone else you dont have to join a group first...see?

things may not currently work like that in mmos --according to you-- but whos to say they shouldnt? oh...you..

joining a guild does not preclude you from grouping with a lot of other different players you know..... just saying, you DO still have that option, and trying to turn it into a choice with absolutes is extremely shortsighted of you

Never understand why people play a mmo but want to just do pick up groups. What is so wrong with joining a guild?

Well I have 5 Characters on Canderous Ordo, which I recently moved to. I've leveled 4 to their teens and one I am working on getting my legacy with so he's level 31. Other than the odd join my guild popup, I have yet to be asked to join a guild. I run FPs, all the heroic save (tat) I was 4 levels over the missions so I only did my class and main quest line from the bonus. So far I've had no problem grouping but no legitimate guild offers. It's not like the Swtor forums are of any use. The server forum section is a dogs breakfast and impossible to fine anything useful on.