Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

swtor pvp = no skill required

PVPWAR

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the amount of clueless gamers and swtor fanboys saying retarded crap in this thread pretty much reached world record levels.

1-AUTOFACING IN SWTOR ID DIFERENT THEN THE AUTO FACE IN WOW---AUTO FACE IN WOW STOPS THE MOMENT THE ABILITY STARTS GETTING CHANELED..so u can even channel something to your BACK..therefore people can STILL BACKSTAB YOU since u wont eb rotating automaticaly...IN SWTOR U KEEP FACING UR ENEMY WHILE CHANELING(not even gona comment on snipers though...ultimate auto face garbage)...AUTO FACING IS COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD IN THE COMPETITIVE GAMING COMUNITY AS A TERRIBLE PVP MECHANIC THAT CATERS TO CASUALS...so get a clue...

1-MACROS ARE NOT RELATED TO SKILL!Anyone saying otherwise is probably an underachiever that failed in previous mmos and blames every single game thing and NEVER theyre own skill.

let me illustrate it for these more "chalenged" players

Healer POV

no macros:your in a wz,u notice the party1 player in your ops list needs a dispel...u click on his fram..and then click your bind(im assuming u bind abilities and DONT CLICK them ..else u have no place or valid opinion in this discussion..)

MOUSEOVER MACRO: you are in a wz,u notice party1 player in ur ops group needs a dispel..u MOUSEOVER HIM OR THE FRAME and click ur dispel bind

WITH DISPEL PARTY 1 MACRO(or modifier): you are in a wz,u notice party1 player needs a dispel..u click your Party 1 dispel bind..OR u click ur party(modifier 1) dispel bind.

SO WHERE THE F@#$ is the skill envolved here??!?!THEY DO EXACTLY THE SAME! the eye coordination,awareness and reflexes are REQUIRED IN ALL CASES.THE ONLY DIFERENCE is how fast u can preform actions! and again ITS A COMMON UNDERSTANDING IN THE GAMING COMUNITY THAT FASTER=BETTER

like i said the "anti-macro" baddies jsut blmae macros for previous FAILURES in mmos,though they fail to notice that they STILL FAILED AS HARD EVEN AFTER THE COPIED THE SAME MACROS AS YOUR OPPONENTS so the problem is NOT MACRO RELATED and macros are not SKILL RELATED EITHER.....get a clue!

at least in wow THE ONLY TIME A MACRO REMOVED THE PLAYER FROM THE QUATION WAS SEASON 2 in TBC when there was a macro to prioritize debuffs u wanted to dispell...GOT QUICKLY REMOVED!! NO MACROS MAKE DECISIONS AUTOMATICALLY..they only make ur gameplay faster and your ui betetr adapted to your playstyle.

and again.,..MACROS are allowed in this game...google AUTOHOTKEY...macro scripts..SAME THING as using a razor naga mouse(wich is not banable either)

u cna do them all..MOUSEOVER MACROS...TRIKET+ADRENAL+SELF BUFF MACROS....any kind of macro.(been using it since day 1)

ALSO THE OP IS RIGHT AND WHOEVER SAYING OTHERWISE IS A JOKE TO THE COMPETITIVE PVP GAMMING COMUNITY...SWTOR IS CATTERED TO CASUALS AND SKILLCAPPED PEOPLE!

THIS GAME ONLY HAS POOR BAISC PVP MECHANINCS....swtor has as much depth as a 4 button fps...

u barely need modifier binds here...while in some games u cant play competitive with less then 30/40 modifiers.

every clas has the same interrupt...stun..etc.....U CAN T GET MORE HOMOGENEOUS THEN THIS...so ye..swtor is pretty damn easy and simple compared to any good pvp game..THAT was the main point of the op..AND it is defenitly correct...or shoul i also link reviews from TOP PVP GAMING COMUNITY websites to prove it....a swtor fanboy saying the pvp here is good DEFENITLY doesnt make it good in comparisson with real pvp...

get a clue..

ps( yes yes poor grammar...well english is my 3rd language,im sorry)

A lot of "good PvPer" macro functionality is already in-game. You get focus target, you get focus target modifier buttons. Granted, there's no mouseover casting and targetting system is kind of messed up (addressed in 1.3), but it's nothing a "good PvPer" can't overcome.

As for the skillcap, that of individual classes isn't all that high in any MMO that I've played. Teh skeelz are in situational awareness and teamwork, and SWToR has some interesting utility to make teamplay more challenging.

I think WoW is a MUCH more imbalanced game then TOR; with the way rogues and any lock/sham/x team is right now, its horribly balanced.

That being said, the skill cap for that game blows TOR's skill level out of the water.

I will say though, that Huttball is amazing but at the same time, Huttball is as imbalanced as WoW's pvp.

I think WoW is a MUCH more imbalanced game then TOR; with the way rogues and any lock/sham/x team is right now, its horribly balanced.

That being said, the skill cap for that game blows TOR's skill level out of the water.

I will say though, that Huttball is amazing but at the same time, Huttball is as imbalanced as WoW's pvp.

agree..BUT..swtor skillcap is really...RELALY low..it snot even comparable to other mmos...the game is too simple...too easy...too catered to casuals....too homogeneous....to actualy allow SKILL to exist in it.

IT lacks ALOT of depth...

SWTOR PvP does take skill, it's just that there's no way to measure skill at the moment.

Same with WoW until arenas were introduced I could do 1v3 1v5's on my rogue against equally geared and level capped players all the time. I kid you not. Then arenas were introduced and we saw that it didn't matter because those players were in the 1200's.

EDIT: also things that you have nowadays like vanish -> sap or w/e that skill is called that puts you into stealth for a few seconds blind ->sap etc etc. I remember seeing someone get flamed by tons of forumgoers for even saying that vanish -> sapping was a good thing to do even when sap lasted a full 30 seconds in PvP.

Edited by Postalz

SWTOR PvP does take skill, it's just that there's no way to measure skill at the moment.

Same with WoW until arenas were introduced I could do 1v3 1v5's on my rogue against equally geared and level capped players all the time. I kid you not. Then arenas were introduced and we saw that it didn't matter because those players were in the 1200's.

world pvp..specially vanila world pvp was never...BUT EVER related to skill..

sup im a rogue 1 ambush 2 backstabs(thistle tea) and ur dead)

sup im a rogue 45 secods sap!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

vanila pvp was a joke...and msot of the world pvp "champs" were people that liked to spend theyre time doing it and recording it..by no means ever meant they were skilled....and arenas ended up proving that to most of them...

SKILL CANT be mesured in swtor since there are no ratings BUT i can tell u that the SKILLCAP is extremely low,like i said the game is to simple,easy and lacks huge amount of depth to allow real skillplay

the amount of clueless gamers and swtor fanboys saying retarded crap in this thread pretty much reached world record levels.

no macros:your in a wz,u notice the party1 player in your ops list needs a dispel...u click on his fram..and then click your bind(im assuming u bind abilities and DONT CLICK them ..else u have no place or valid opinion in this discussion..)

MOUSEOVER MACRO: you are in a wz,u notice party1 player in ur ops group needs a dispel..u MOUSEOVER HIM OR THE FRAME and click ur dispel bind

WITH DISPEL PARTY 1 MACRO(or modifier): you are in a wz,u notice party1 player needs a dispel..u click your Party 1 dispel bind..OR u click ur party(modifier 1) dispel bind.

SO WHERE THE F@#$ is the skill envolved here??!?!THEY DO EXACTLY THE SAME! the eye coordination,awareness and reflexes are REQUIRED IN ALL CASES.THE ONLY DIFERENCE is how fast u can preform actions! and again ITS A COMMON UNDERSTANDING IN THE GAMING COMUNITY THAT FASTER=BETTER

like i said the "anti-macro" baddies jsut blmae macros for previous FAILURES in mmos,though they fail to notice that they STILL FAILED AS HARD EVEN AFTER THE COPIED THE SAME MACROS AS YOUR OPPONENTS so the problem is NOT MACRO RELATED and macros are not SKILL RELATED EITHER.....get a clue!

at least in wow THE ONLY TIME A MACRO REMOVED THE PLAYER FROM THE QUATION WAS SEASON 2 in TBC when there was a macro to prioritize debuffs u wanted to dispell...GOT QUICKLY REMOVED!! NO MACROS MAKE DECISIONS AUTOMATICALLY..they only make ur gameplay faster and your ui betetr adapted to your playstyle.

and again.,..MACROS are allowed in this game...google AUTOHOTKEY...macro scripts..SAME THING as using a razor naga mouse(wich is not banable either)

u cna do them all..MOUSEOVER MACROS...TRIKET+ADRENAL+SELF BUFF MACROS....any kind of macro.(been using it since day 1)

People that have a valid point generally don't have to resort to name calling (see your first sentence).

Someone pointed it out to you yesterday in the macro thread. The day before that, a yellow post confirmed it for you, but here goes with one more shot.

Take a good hard look at those list of things you keep encouraging the community to use.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien - Customer Service Representative

Greetings everyone,

When talking about anything macro related we would like to provide the following guidelines:

No automation

No delays or looped commands in macros

It is okay to bind a macro that performs abilities after each other as long as it still requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed

These rules apply regardless of which peripheral you are using.

Now take a good hard look at the third point made by the customer service rep. I'll come back in a little while just to double check that it sinks in this time; what you keep encouraging the community to use is a violation of the TOS, which has been presented to you in almost every thread you come to spew this garbage.

Edited by nellosmomishot

so macros require skill? they just make things easier....

lol this, how do macros increase skill?? You can put your whole damage/healing rotation on a macro and click one button over and over again....do I smell a troll? And in all honesty what MMO pvp is really based on player skill? More often than not its more about gear than skill, knowing when to hit buttons does help but thats not really skill.

People that have a valid point generally don't have to resort to name calling (see your first sentence).

Someone pointed it out to you yesterday in the macro thread. The day before that, a yellow post confirmed it for you, but here goes with one more shot.

Take a good hard look at those list of things you keep encouraging the community to use.

Now take a good hard look at the third point made by the customer service rep. I'll come back in a little while just to double check that it sinks in this time; what you keep encouraging the community to use is a violation of the TOS, which has been presented to you in almost every thread you come to spew this garbage.

Do you lack a brain or is it PURE stupidity?

THE CUSTUMER SERVICE IS ACTUALY TELLING U THE MACROS ARE FINE AS LONG AS THERE IS NO AUTOMATATION etc etc etc...

SO AS LONG AS UR NOT a BOT RUNING THE SAME SCRIPT OVER AND OVER THERE WONT BE PROBLEMS

THE AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE RAZOR NAGA MOUSE SCRIPTED MACROS SO GET A CLUE BEFORE U TALK.

THERE IS NO TOS VIOLATION WHATSOEVER..MACROS ARE ALLOWED...liek i have been saying i didnt get a SINGLE warning..been using it since day 1..like LOADS OF PEOPLE

AND RAZOR WILL LAUCH A NEW LINE OF PERIPHERALS FOR SWTOR!...BW APPROVED...SO...srsly..GET A CLUE and stop spewing crap..

When talking about anything macro related we would like to provide the following guidelines:

No automation

It is okay to bind a macro that performs abilities after each other as long as it still requires the user to press the button on the physical keyboard each time a new action is performed

what DIDNT U GET IN THAT?!?!...freakin mentaly chalenged player...srsly..shut it and stay small

Edited by filipesantana

lol this, how do macros increase skill?? You can put your whole damage/healing rotation on a macro and click one button over and over again....do I smell a troll? And in all honesty what MMO pvp is really based on player skill? More often than not its more about gear than skill, knowing when to hit buttons does help but thats not really skill.

wrong...wow arenas for example..everyone has access tot eh same pvp egar...same macros...same everything...do they all get the same ratings? or is the majority of the players below 1600?

get a clue..

God I hate it when idiots keep referring to cast sequence macros.

When players talk about macros, they are NOT, repeat, are NOT talking about cast sequence macros.

Besides, when was the last time a game allowed cast sequence macros? WoW did, a long time ago, then the devs broke the ability to use them, yet macro's still existed (just not cast sequence macros).

Drakinor, please have the slightest idea of what you are talking about before posting.

Do you lack a brain or is it PURE stupidity?

THE CUSTUMER SERVICE IS ACTUALY TELLING U THE MACROS ARE FINE AS LONG AS THERE IS NO AUTOMATATION etc etc etc...

SO AS LONG AS UR NOT a BOT RUNING THE SAME SCRIPT OVER AND OVER THERE WONT BE PROBLEMS

THE AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE RAZOR NAGA MOUSE SCRIPTED MACROS SO GET A CLUE BEFORE U TALK.

THERE IS NO TOS VIOLATION WHATSOEVER..MACROS ARE ALLOWED...liek i have been saying i didnt get a SINGLE warning..been using it since day 1..like LOADS OF PEOPLE

AND RAZOR WILL LAUCH A NEW LINE OF PERIPHERALS FOR SWTOR!...BW APPROVED...SO...srsly..GET A CLUE and stop spewing crap..

Let me break this down for you one more time. Maybe if you read it again you will understand. I'm trying to be patient as reading comprehension in your third language may be difficult, but it seems like you are deliberately ignoring the part of the customer servive representatives response that you don't like.

I am specifically referring to the part of your post where you say it's ok to have a macro that does:

trinket+adrenal+self buff

I am specifically referring to the part of the customer service representatives post where it says:

Read and reread the last to paragraphs until it sinks in. What you are proposing is directly a violation of the ToS. As far as the razor macros are concerned, I only have a cursory understanding of them from a google search but it appears that those macros violate the ToS as well.

This is how I understand the razor macros, you hit record, perform a sequence of commands (keyboard or mouse), and then end the recording. It then lets you save this sequence of commands to a specific macro key. This is also in violation of the ToS because in between each command that you give while recording, the razor software Records the time delay between the commands and keeps it as part of the macro.

This is directly in violation of the ToS where the customer service rep says:

Just because you are able to use these and not get banned does not mean that they don't violate the terms of service. It just means that you have found a way to cheat without getting caught.

Also, I find it most amusing that you are posting in a thread that complains about the game taking no skill. Then saying that the game requires macros. If the game doesn't require any skill why do you need macros?

Again, what is with the insults? If you had valid points you wouldn't need to insult anyone as the argument itself would establish who is "lacking a brain".

Edited by nellosmomishot

Also, I find it most amusing that you are posting in a thread that complains about the game taking no skill. Then saying that the game requires macros. If the game doesn't require any skill why do you need macros?

Again, what is with the insults? If you had valid points you wouldn't need to insult anyone as the argument itself would establish who is "lacking a brain".

ok let me break it down to you AGAIN champ...

TRINKET and ADRENAL DO NOT HAVE A GCD(google it if u dont knwo what it is)

THEY CAN BE PRESSED AT THE SAME TIME IF BINDED IN DIFERENT KEYS!

SO PRESSING THE SAME KEY TO GET THEM AT ONCe..OR PRESSING THE SAME KEY TWICE (both ways are macro examples) ITS THE EXACT SAME THING..no loops..no automatation...no SEQUENCE!

got it?or should i use PAINT to make a drawing and try to illustrate it?

and again...the op of the thread mentioned macros and people started to conect macros with skill..and i,again,just gave my opinion.

pls,try again..how do my macros violate TOS? (cuz 7 months without a single warning is celar enough to me that its not a violation..)

so you not only fail do undersstand game mechanincs..gcd..and macros overall..but u also dont get what they mean with time delays and loop macros.....ITS NOT related to what u said...

and BW JOINED razor to make a SWTOR RAZOR NAGA....so..is BW going agaisnt theyre own..TOS?

dude..

on another note,like i showed before..macros make GAMEPLAY FASTER...good players dont use them because it makes the game easier...lol...

how come the 90% of the playerbase are still faling agaisnt good players when they copy the same macros?it didnt get easy enough for them?...god people come up with the most retarded arguments ..

Edited by filipesantana

1-AUTOFACING IN SWTOR ID DIFERENT THEN THE AUTO FACE IN WOW---AUTO FACE IN WOW STOPS THE MOMENT THE ABILITY STARTS GETTING CHANELED..so u can even channel something to your BACK..therefore people can STILL BACKSTAB YOU since u wont eb rotating automaticaly...IN SWTOR U KEEP FACING UR ENEMY WHILE CHANELING(not even gona comment on snipers though...ultimate auto face garbage)...AUTO FACING IS COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD IN THE COMPETITIVE GAMING COMUNITY AS A TERRIBLE PVP MECHANIC THAT CATERS TO CASUALS...so get a clue...

1-MACROS ARE NOT RELATED TO SKILL!Anyone saying otherwise is probably an underachiever that failed in previous mmos and blames every single game thing and NEVER theyre own skill.

let me illustrate it for these more "chalenged" players

Healer POV

ALSO THE OP IS RIGHT AND WHOEVER SAYING OTHERWISE IS A JOKE TO THE COMPETITIVE PVP GAMMING COMUNITY...SWTOR IS CATTERED TO CASUALS AND SKILLCAPPED PEOPLE!

THIS GAME ONLY HAS POOR BAISC PVP MECHANINCS....swtor has as much depth as a 4 button fps...

u barely need modifier binds here...while in some games u cant play competitive with less then 30/40 modifiers.

every clas has the same interrupt...stun..etc.....U CAN T GET MORE HOMOGENEOUS THEN THIS...so ye..swtor is pretty damn easy and simple compared to any good pvp game..THAT was the main point of the op..AND it is defenitly correct...or shoul i also link reviews from TOP PVP GAMING COMUNITY websites to prove it....a swtor fanboy saying the pvp here is good DEFENITLY doesnt make it good in comparisson with real pvp...

get a clue..

ps( yes yes poor grammar...well english is my 3rd language,im sorry)

Your abundant overusage of CAPS has changed my mind. Thank you for elightning me.

Nah im kidding, this post is still terribad.

SO PRESSING THE SAME KEY TO GET THEM AT ONCe..OR PRESSING THE SAME KEY TWICE (both ways are macro examples) ITS THE EXACT SAME THING..no loops..no automatation...no SEQUENCE!

and again...the op of the thread mentioned macros and people started to conect macros with skill..and i,again,just gave my opinion.

pls,try again..how do my macros violate TOS? (cuz 7 months without a single warning is celar enough to me that its not a violation..)

so you not only fail do undersstand game mechanincs..gcd..and macros overall..but u also dont get what they mean with time delays and loop macros.....ITS NOT related to what u said...

and BW JOINED razor to make a SWTOR RAZOR NAGA....so..is BW going agaisnt theyre own..TOS?

dude..

on another note,like i showed before..macros make GAMEPLAY FASTER...good players dont use them because it makes the game easier...lol...

how come the 90% of the playerbase are still faling agaisnt good players when they copy the same macros?it didnt get easy enough for them?...god people come up with the most retarded arguments ..

I think you should use PAINT to make a drawing and try to illustrate it, then maybe I can understand.

Watch Metalmac's videos over 8 weeks, and you will learn that skill and or common sense has something to do with being good at the game, he's now full war hero and plays like a Sage you'd expect to see in lowbie warzones who didn't know what abilities were used for..........

Watch Metalmac's videos over 8 weeks, and you will learn that skill and or common sense has something to do with being good at the game, he's now full war hero and plays like a Sage you'd expect to see in lowbie warzones who didn't know what abilities were used for..........

Now that's funny...lol

wrong...wow arenas for example..everyone has access tot eh same pvp egar...same macros...same everything...do they all get the same ratings? or is the majority of the players below 1600?

get a clue..

lol really? You still fail to explain how macros increase skill, and get a clue? seriously? Haha I definitely smell a troll.

dude..

1. I wanna see this Paint image

2. Buy a new keyboard, either your caps- or your shift-key is broken.

3. Macros lower the skill cap, they make the game easier. I don't see how anyone could really need macros in SWTOR, the game is already to easy as it is now and you have less buttons than you have in WoW if you use macros there.

Im really disappointed in the pvp in this game. I played wow for 4 yrs and a few of my friends from wow quit swtor because the pvp in this game caters to skillcapped or low skill players.

1. Autofacing

2. Lack of macros

3. Class imbalance (although this happens to every MMO), some are pretty obvious in this game yet bw devs drag their feet as usual.

Im beginning to wonder if bw intended it this way to cater to <2k bads from wow to actually feel like they are worthy

BTW plz roll more fotm classes guys, no skill required....shadows,sents /smirk

Stoped reading after "I played WoW".....really....you PVP'd in WoW and think it was good......

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.