Anyone else prefer Corso to Bowdaar?

Herdo

If you could just turn the damn harpoon off, it would be fine. It's so counter productive for me.

I remember the first time he used it, within an hour of getting him, I was on Savrip Island and was getting ready to snipe a Chieftain from behind cover up on a hill.

He yanked it right up into my face.

On a two man Flashpoint run I did with my Jedi friend, he kept yanking enemies my Sentinel buddy was actively meleeing over to me. Often when we ran into that stupid companion bar reset bug.

He's great in a fight, and he's cool thematically, but his Harpoon Move makes negative sense! He's a guy with a rifle! I'm a guy with two guns who relies on cover! How would anyone think that harpooning an enemy over to me is a good idea?

...I hope they fix that soon, because I want to get Bowdaar ASAP.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could just turn the damn harpoon off, it would be fine. It's so counter productive for me.

I remember the first time he used it, within an hour of getting him, I was on Savrip Island and was getting ready to snipe a Chieftain from behind cover up on a hill.

He yanked it right up into my face.

On a two man Flashpoint run I did with my Jedi friend, he kept yanking enemies my Sentinel buddy was actively meleeing over to me. Often when we ran into that stupid companion bar reset bug.

He's great in a fight, and he's cool thematically, but his Harpoon Move makes negative sense! He's a guy with a rifle! I'm a guy with two guns who relies on cover! How would anyone think that harpooning an enemy over to me is a good idea?

...I hope they fix that soon, because I want to get Bowdaar ASAP.

Actually the harpoon is pretty nice with generic mobs. Can use quick shot, whip and back blast to sorry mob that is picked next to me.

vibrosword on a wookie really ???

Corso's harpoon is insanely useful, as along as he is not next to you :)

harpoon a mob, flash the others rinse repeat.

Plus the Tatooine armor looks like blue sun armor from ME2.

So all in all, I have much love for the Riggs.

Should have tradered wookie for that overly attached hottie ;)

Edited by Haldameer

I was really looking forward to my wookie, in fact I was practically drooling in anticipation... but when it came down to it in the end I still prefer Corso. Maybe it's because I'm use to him, I don't know but I kind of got into the story with him too... :)

I'm happy to have Bowdaar though. Maybe the tide will change down the road.

I prefer Bowdaar, especially since I've geared him up a bit, since his starter gear was pathetic. Also, I found that switching Bowdaar to DPS pressence/aura gave infinitely better result, as he became less squishy and killed stuff that much faster, than when he was in tank pressence/aura

i was so happy when i got Bowdaar as companion until he almost have me killed in the first fight we did together.:rolleyes:

i am a sawbones and when approaching a pack of enemies i take out the biggie first with tranquilizer/droid hack to kill the minions and then concentrate on the boss. this worked great with Corso and his single target attacks/taunts. even Corso's harpune gun was handy as i could stand a bit before him and as soon as the fight started he pulled the badie to him with his back right in front of my scattergun.

Bowdaar's area attacks/taunts will reactivate all the badies i send to sleep the moment he starts fighting.

so for now i stick with Corso.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I am scoundrel but I prefer Corso's fighting style (standing still and pulling the mobs in) to Bowdaar's charging, it's a bit too chaotic for me. It's a shame though, because Bowdaar is my favourite companion of the bunch, he's very similar to my smugg alignment-wise, his crafting bonuses are good, and he doesn't pull all the guilt-trippy stuff if I dismiss him. Plus, he's a big fuzzy wookiee! :w_smile:

I rolled a Gunslinger with Saboteur spec and I find Corso to be much better at combat than Bowdaar. Anyone else feel this way?

I found Bowdarr much better overall as a sab.

I only bothered to use sabotage charge against a silver, and in that case I was taking it. I could let Bowdarr lose against normal mobs and just toss grenades into the scrum. His AoE taunt is amazing here since it keeps the melee enemies next to the ranged enemies, and you just thermal grenade them.

Plus Corso whines over EVERYTHING you do. Shoot someone - whine. Steal something - whine. Take a bit of damage in space missions - "I hope you have escape pods". Shut up Corso.

Edited by StealthNerf

I think it's whichever companion suits your template, in the end.

I really struggled with Corso, as my only companion, until I obtained Bowdaar. Once I'd updated his rather poor gear, his tanking matched my Sharpshooter template well. Yes, he died a fair bit, but I soon learnt to use that to my advantage.

I am now just a quest or too off getting Guss and am looking forward to seeing whether having a healer makes much difference.

I've not found Akaavi or Risha to be of much use to me. But I'm sure both are good for some Scoundrel templates.

Edited by Jeia

Corso all the way, for some reason i could not make Bowdaar stop breaking my CCs even when i removed all hes AoE skills, but then hes agro sucked.

I found Corso being much better at keeping agro and not breaking my CC and when geared he does a pritty good dmg output too. Tbh i think its just a matter of taste to have ranged tank or a meele tank.