The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

I agree with this server as well. I have the same issues and complaints with the Black Vulkars server. Republic population is basically non-existent. Even as I play now there are only 10 Republic players on the Fleet. That's seriously depressing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they need to merge servers. Sadly I don't think offering transfers will help, as there are too few high-pop servers and there's no incentive to transferring. I mean, literally no incentive.

Im a little confused. reporting 1.4 mill subscribers. we have a standard pop server. max online ive seen is 142 imps..but say repubs are double that then thats still only 426 . but lets be generous and double that so thats 852.. now ive seen 3 servers with heavy pop .. so lets double it again and add a few.. so say 2000 for heavey and 1000 for standard. so that means there has to be at least with a ratio of 5:1 (standard to heavy) 1000 standard servers and 200 heavey servers world wide. ,.,,,, now lets be really really generous ,, and say pop changes 4 times per day but stays the same... so now we need 250 standard and 50 heavy traffic. DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE THIS... the math doesnt work. they are counting all the free subs for the math to work. For goodness sake wake up and DO SOMETHING NOW BIOWARE... Tommorow is too late unless you really dont give a damn and have made your money anyway ( which is probaly closer to the truth). Thanksalot

So the game released really well:

Then you all screamed and demanded and threw your tantrums MOAR SERVAHS NAO!

Now you are doing the same but saying: LESS SERVAHS NAO!

Ah the petulance.

I just wanted to quote this really quick. I was on a closed PVP server when the game first launched. I could care less about the que times because I was going onto a server with a good population. After 5 months that server has gone from closed to light. That means people have been leaving in droves. Why should I know wait to transfer to a server that has some resemblance to that of a healthy popultated server? People didnt scream about more servers they screamed to open the cap on the servers. That however cant happen because of the garbage game engine Tor was created on. This game is the fastest failure in MMO history. I cant believe Warhammer had a better 6 month population on its server.

I don't think I've ever been involved in a server merge in any mmo, so I'm wondering how it works. (ok, I was still subscribed to Conan, but I didn't play by that time, & had come to hate the sameness of my character there)

I'm assuming they'd merge light to light, and stay east coast/west coast, pve/rp, etc? Or would they fold a light into a standard? Or possibly 4 light servers into one? As for names, would it be likely to be oldest account, highest character of that name, or what?

They need to refund us. Game is unplayable at some servers now.

1 ppl at fleet @ prime time of a sunday on kinrath spider.

I see this game going the same path as Warhammer....

TRANSFERS NOW !!!!!!

The game lends itself to feeling deserted and sterile to start with. Now mix in very few players I see in any of my time in game, and the game feels dead. You can quote me numbers, dollars and players, but please don't call me a liar or others when they try to share their on line experience at the cost of hard earned money every month.

I've never seen a MMO run on so much slight of hand and con man tactics when talking about servers and numbers.

You probably, in conservative terms, need to shut down at least half your active servers.

People say that we have no right to moan and complain about things like low-pop servers. I'd like to ask them, when to I have a right to complain? WHEN IT FREE............is my answer. Until then, I'm putting gas in their Lambo's, they should at least try to make our playing time more fruitful. But no, this is Bioware man. You don't bad mouth the King of single player games(and I include SW in there)...What a croc. Bioware over the last couple of years have been flying different flags over corporate head quarters....Flags that read: We make games for profit, not fun...........

My server which was once the one of the best populated EU servers is slowly dying off;

Lack of Server Mergers/transfers + cross server warzones did the trick 100%

I love this game but sadly there are not enough ppl to do anything basically...

Server I am on (Begeren Colony) used to have a huge que when game first released. Now it sits at Standard during prime hours with around a max of 50-60 people at the fleet. Used to see 100-150 at release. WZ ques take over half an hour to pop and I can't get a group any more as a dps for 4 man HMs:(

when/where did they say character transfer would come in early summer? Early summer is only a month away... :cool:

btw if they do server merging, some people would be forced to change names for their chars. I dont think they will do server merge, but char transfer and it wouldn' t suprise me if it costs money. sucks for me who have almost 5 lvl 50's on a dead server :mad:

Edited by stiksen

when/where did they say character transfer would come in early summer? Early summer is only a month away... :cool:

btw if they do server merging, some people would be forced to change names for their chars. I dont think they will do server merge, but char transfer and it wouldn' t suprise me if it costs money. sucks for me who have almost 5 lvl 50's on a dead server :mad:

Id freely change all my toons name and legacy names. I would just like to play and be part of a large community again.....this game is missing the MM of MMORPG. Summer is simply to late. By that time we will be to busy raiding in TERA and item hunting in D3. By that time SWTOR will be a thing of the past.

Yeah free transfers, server merges or cross server ques. Otherwise lot of people will first get frustrated, then become passive and finally stop playing.

MMO's only make sense with other people. Waiting in very ques or looking for non-existent people for groups is not something people like about.

Forget transfers. They need to merge all servers into a single server per play type, which they should have done from the start. People keep clinging to the multiple server BS and it needs to be done away with. No one makes MMORPGs that AREN'T instanced anymore. It's been that way for years, so there's no excuse not to have more than one server per play type. It's inevitable that these populations issues will happen after the game is no longer new and shiny and stuff starts leveling off. Avoid the situation in the first place like Cryptic does. That's one thing I miss about Cryptic games and I don't understand why almost no one else has adopted that. Edited by Ceryk

Servers need merges not transfers, and it should be happening now, not later.

The longer they wait, the more people that will drop or stop playing... people not staying on to play leads more to drop from low moral.

Over time a server isn't just 'dead" it's dead out back and shot in the face.

I like the game, I am having fun, but really it's only on one maybe two nights because we just can't get enough people in one guild.

Mergers please, make it happen, engage, start now!

I had to switch servers. Although I just took it, transferred to a more populated server, and started have fun again. I hope to bring my merc healer back out of commission though. So hoping for server transfers soon as well. I support the OP.

I had to switch servers. Although I just took it, transferred to a more populated server, and started have fun again. I hope to bring my merc healer back out of commission though. So hoping for server transfers soon as well. I support the OP.

Were you on Wall of Light?

Your name seems familiar.

They have 123 US servers, they need to merge into 25 servers.

I agree. Although it's a bit late now to be honest. The game seems to struggle managing a large number of people in one place anyway, and unfortunately does seem to be mainly a single player game, with some group aspects (if your lucky enough to find someone online).

Even when you join a 'massive' guild, there's normally only around 9 people on if your lucky....

To be perfectly honest, this game was fun for the story, but there's little stuff to do multiplayer-wise without the people.

Guess it's time to move on... that's what I'm doing.