The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

The worst part is not the dead servers itself, the worst is the irrational position BW is taking, delaying free transfers, we were told transfers would come right after APAC, and now we are told early summer (almost 3 months after APAC end), also we are told this will not be a server of choice transfer, it will be a promotional servers transfer, WHY? because tech? because fear to overpoplated servers? NO, we will have paid server of choice trans, its because they have seen the oportunity to do some cash.

Nothing wrong on wanting to do some cash, but you CAN'T cash with a PROBLEM you have created, dead servers are BW's fault, their bad decissions on server caps at launch, the unfinished state of the game at launch and the lack of the most common MMO features at launch are the reason behind dead servers.

For a good two months now, community has been asking for transfers, pointing to it as top priority, transfers are not an incredible difficult process, you dont need to change game's code to its core, its just a little piece of external code, some database tweaking, a few database scripts and a web interface, but they need to delay it until "early summer" ... maybe they were lazy, maybe they couldnt foresee something everyone palying on a dead server was? i dont know, but for me it looks like a marketing department decission, sad.

I kissed my money goodbye for the CE ($150) and for the 6months I paid ($78) I surely hope it benefits those at the top!

Last time I buy any product with EA or BW or Lucas Arts for that matter.

This is the worst remorse buyers feeling I have had after buying a game and finding out that everything I was told was a lie and further more that everything the product manufacturer say's is a lie...... FU to whoever was responsible for this failure of a so called MMORPG if that includes people from EA, BW, Lucas Arts then FU ALL!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kissed my money goodbye for the CE ($150) and for the 6months I paid ($78) I surely hope it benefits those at the top!

This is the worst remorse buyers feeling I have had after buying a game and finding out that everything I was told was a lie and further more that everything the product manufacturer say's is a lie...... FU to whoever was responsible for this failure of a so called MMORPG if that includes people from EA, BW, Lucas Arts then FU ALL!

so, what exactly has that got to do with server transfers?

Uh... okay? So you wasted $228? Special Snowflake Syndrome much?

Anyways, I welcome the server transfers, though they are some time away, I appreciate that something has finally been said after the weeks of silence by Bioware's part.

Uh... okay? So you wasted $228? Special Snowflake Syndrome much?

Anyways, I welcome the server transfers, though they are some time away, I appreciate that something has finally been said after the weeks of silence by Bioware's part.

I appreciate it as well, so much so in fact, that for every four weeks it's late in coming I'll give them another $15

So the game released really well:

Then you all screamed and demanded and threw your tantrums MOAR SERVAHS NAO!

Now you are doing the same but saying: LESS SERVAHS NAO!

Ah the petulance.

I'm afraid you're the one with the petulant attitude. I never screamed for more servers and I'm sure many of the people posting in this thread didn't either. For you to assume that both groups are part of the same set is a logical fallacy of the first order and is most likely your attempt at being argumentative for the sake of it.

I for one never supported the creation of more servers. I thought it was idiotic of Bioware to spew forth with more servers simply due to queue times AT LAUNCH.

Edited by ironix

Maybe they.. I don't know.. expected to play an MMO with other people? I know, crazy idea, but some people get them. ;)

when someone claims that a company lied (big word) about 'everything' I'm pretty damn sure they were not talking about mere empty servers. (not forgetting to mention that I highly doubt bioware ever said anything regarding full servers)

I'm afraid you're the one with the petulant attitude. I never screamed for more servers and I'm sure many of the people posting in this thread didn't either. For you to assume that both groups are part of the same set is a logical fallacy of the first order and is most likely your attempt at being argumentative for the sake of it.

I for one never supported the creation of more servers. I thought it was idiotic of Bioware to spew forth with more servers simply due to queue times AT LAUNCH.

Wrong, allow me to elaborate.

Perhaps not all but I recognise plenty of users who demanded both throughout this General Discussion, and most of them are now self-admittedly trolling this Forum till their time runs out.

All I can say is good riddance and don't come back.

As far as you go, I could care less which pre-determined 'group' you list yourself in, I made my point,

Edited by Rayla_Felana

this. I said right away (read: dec 21st) that opening more servers this early would be a mistake. oh boy, was I ever right.

Perhaps not all but I recognise plenty of users who demanded both throughout this General Discussion, and most of them are now self-admittedly trolling this Forum till their time runs out.

All I can say is good riddance and don't come back.

yeah, please show me where I was trolling. please show me the post were I demanded .anything. from this game

(apart from same gender romance arcs and bringing back the scoundrel giggle, and even those things I'm not 'demanding')

Ah the petulance.

When your facing 6 hour queues to play....thats ok to you?

The problem is more the size of the max server population which seems to be very small and as such it's easily effected by player movements.

There are better ways to deal with server queues, one way would have been to mirror servers, so you might be on Red Eclipse 3 today, Red Eclipse 2 tomorrow but your still on Red Eclipse. Then when the population falls, which is INEVITABLE, it's a simple fact of mmo releases, you let the population boil down to it's realistic subs levels to fit the single server.

What they did was panic, open a load of new servers, encourage players to reroll and didn't think of the consequences. They had no plan to address the 1-3 month subs drop-off. This is hard to forgive as it's pretty standard with new mmo releases like this one. Bioware caused this problem, it's up to them to fix it.

yeah, please show me where I was trolling. please show me the post were I demanded .anything. from this game

(apart from same gender romance arcs and bringing back the scoundrel giggle, and even those things I'm not 'demanding')

Did I specify you? no, no I didn't.

And I commend you for being a fellow advocate of SGRAs, I myself have been fighting that fight since 2009, and as you may be able to tell, I took two banned accounts in the infraction wars.

The problem is more the size of the max server population which seems to be very small and as such it's easily effected by player movements.

There are better ways to deal with server queues, one way would have been to mirror servers, so you might be on Red Eclipse 3 today, Red Eclipse 2 tomorrow but your still on Red Eclipse. Then when the population falls, which is INEVITABLE, it's a simple fact of mmo releases, you let the population boil down to it's realistic subs levels to fit the single server.

What they did was panic, open a load of new servers, encourage players to reroll and didn't think of the consequences. They had no plan to address the 1-3 month subs drop-off. This is hard to forgive as it's pretty standard with new mmo releases like this one. Bioware caused this problem, it's up to them to fix it.

Now I would point out it is the fault of both BioWare, for caving in the first place and the people who had the lack of foresight to see the current and inevitable situation we are in now.

Both are to blame, now it's up to Bioware to sort out said mess.

It does not matter if the tech is there, bugs and issues happen. This is not something you want to have bugged.

Bullspit. There have been thousands of targetted transfers already successfully done. They just need to flip the switch to the on posistion for the rest of the servers. This is a money play just like ANYTHING game developers hold off till the last second.

Did I specify you? no, no I didn't.

And I commend you for being a fellow advocate of SGRAs, I myself have been fighting that fight since 2009, and as you may be able to tell, I took two banned accounts in the infraction wars.

well then please tell me whom you are talking about except the obvious trolls we are all telling to buck off?

it's pointless to argue over something everyone agrees on. what is not pointless though, is telling someone their imagination is what is playing a trick on them.

I can't help myself, I used to work in a field where I dealt with marketing all day and night, and I can tell you Bioware did not make any claims that were 'lies'.

SWTOR IS NOT AN MMORPG AS IT STANDS!

I wonder why they didn't just leave the same servers and just create several instances of the same zone just like you have already right now but what happened? GAME ENGINE DOESN'T WORK plain and simple. I am not sure how stupid people are but it seems like they are plenty. I mean do you not see that the game allowed for more instances of the same zone I saw several instances of voidstar and pvp wz's but I never saw more than once or twice a double instance for the fleet.... I wonder why...... GAME ENGINE DOESN'T WORK! That's why I say what I say and I feel how I feel it's my right to complaint as a customer who feels he got the bait and switch deal and now I'm out $230 plus all my time I spent on this game that feels like it was still in beta when it released and you all tell me well their technology doesn't allow for that many people on a server.... THEN WHAT THE F*** ARE THE INSTANCES FOR? you couldn't even get that right... (sigh) I give up... trolls will be trolls, kids will be kids, suckers will be suckers and gamers will be gamers. Maybe in a few years down the road you'll be at the top of your game right now.... you are not even in the game.... SO LONG SUCKERS! :rak_03:

well then please tell me whom you are talking about except the obvious trolls we are all telling to buck off?

it's pointless to argue over something everyone agrees on. what is not pointless though, is telling someone their imagination is what is playing a trick on them.

I can't help myself, I used to work in a field where I dealt with marketing all day and night, and I can tell you Bioware did not make any claims that were 'lies'.

There are far too many to list that come to mind, and I wouldn't want to list them in fear of yet another infraction for attacking community members.

My point is that, Whining and moaning is what is going to kill this game if anything, nothing can kill MMOs like overly-negative and overly-loud flamers, negativity spreads like wildfire in this genre.

Ah the petulance.

Biodrones are soooo funy .....

Im here since 2008, checking forum in a daily basis, unless we have been reading different forums, at launch people did not yell for more servers, people asked BW to raise server caps since pre-launch (do you remember the preoder early start?), there were a post that had to be reincarnate several times were people was blaming for the 3 hours queue in some servers, but they didnt ask for more servers, we all wanted to be able to play in the servers choosen by our different communities, the answer from Bioware was to start opening new servers every day, it was clear as water that servers didnt have a population so high to justify opening so many servers, we said it clear and loud, but BW was afraid of his vanilla servers not being able to handle more people.

Hello everyone. Bioware just made the most successful MMO ever. There are no dead servers. They shouldn't merge servers because it isn't needed and is a waste of resources doing so. The game is expected to rise to 3.5 million players by June 2012. You heard it here first.

You really want them to rush on this? It is pretty important that they get this feature right. You do not want to make a transfer and find out your character is missing somewhere and cannot play it.

This is not a feature you want bugs in, so yes it should be delayed as much as possible so it is RIGHT.

Are you serious? He has a screenshot showing only himself on the fleet ...