The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

Well of course they don't. I swear sometimes....i dont get it...its obvious that can't control that. WHY would you do that?

Because they can control server mergers or Character migration... two things that could combat the issue, I think they should merge servers first off and then give the option of migration at a later date.

They know there's a problem but much like what chased me away first time around, the frustrations of choosing the wrong option to save face is getting a little annoying.

Merge servers so communities don't get split up by migrations!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing on Niman Eu server, its empty, average waiting time to WZ is 20min (just waited an hour and gave up) ! the market doesnt sell cause there is nearly no one buying anything! Imperial fleet has 50 ppl max, normaly 20.. i just travelled to tatooine and i was there alone, this is not an mmo anymore... they can fit more players on an fps game server than this... Bioware cmon. :(

Server transfer or server merges NOW

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

It should be free to transfer, but the situation is so poor at the moment, that i could pay couple euros to be able to enjoy the game again..

Edited by Crize

Did they say june or early summer?

I would like for them to be more specific. I clearly remember 1.2 was to be delivered first march then "early" april and finally it arrived "mid" april.

Oooo, how terrible that must have been. You know, them trying to deliver something with at least some effort put in and having it pushed a few weeks back. God, that must've been so hard to deal with. The anticipation must've been horrible.

:rolleyes:

Oooo, how terrible that must have been. You know, them trying to deliver something with at least some effort put in and having it pushed a few weeks back. God, that must've been so hard to deal with. The anticipation must've been horrible.

Well, in fairness, a lot of what people were looking forward to in patch 1.2, such as ranked, cross server warzones, was completely pulled at the very last second and not actually released, so we are still waiting for it with no real date of release in sight.

Listen, I want .. nay .. I very much want Swtor to succeed. But the population issue is literally killing the game for ..how many people.

As of this post, its friday night, middle of the evening - 18 people on fleet. And here;s the scary part, its a standard pop server.

What does a low pop look like ?

You have to admit that this is NOT the way to nurture a healthy and happy customer base.

Listen, I want .. nay .. I very much want Swtor to succeed. But the population issue is literally killing the game for ..how many people.

As of this post, its friday night, middle of the evening - 18 people on fleet. And here;s the scary part, its a standard pop server.

You have to admit that this is NOT the way to nurture a healthy and happy customer base.

But it is..... and BW say's thanks for all your support... I mean for supporting them and their families... MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU..... LOL!

This is what kills me. I look at Ven Zallow, and its normally in the Standard Population range, yet STILL dead.

My server is slowly dying too. While we don't have anything severe like less than 20 people on the fleet at anytime, we have gone from queues at launch to light population at pretty much all times. The biggest surge was at 1.2 when I saw about 180 people on the fleet, but that has since died down.

Character transfers would be awesome, but for right now, me and my guild have an alternative, which I can't discuss yet.

The silence is deafening. Everything about this game since release seems to have taken BW by surprise, which is shocking because anyone who has ever played an MMO in the last 7-8 years could predict every single issue that has cropped up in this game. BW was shocked pvp was so popular. BW was shocked that releasing so many servers at launch resulted in dead servers a month later. BW is shocked that they need a server transfer system for players.

Everything seems like it takes them by surprise, and when a fix comes its months too late and it doesn't really fix anything. Vote with your wallet, if you haven't already canceled I highly suggest you do so. Companies do not change their ways if they're making money. This is certainly the last game I'll ever buy from any company associated with EA.

A lot of this would probably be resolved by having cross-realm WZs and FPs, but I guess that's just as much of a problem for them to implement. There's so many issues that have already been addressed in the MMO genre that Bioware seems to have just been oblivious to.

A lot of this would probably be resolved by having cross-realm WZs and FPs, but I guess that's just as much of a problem for them to implement. There's so many issues that have already been addressed in the MMO genre that Bioware seems to have just been oblivious to.

It takes competence to implement something like that in a timely manner. Guess what this Dev team doesn't have?

The silence is deafening. Everything about this game since release seems to have taken BW by surprise, which is shocking because anyone who has ever played an MMO in the last 7-8 years could predict every single issue that has cropped up in this game. BW was shocked pvp was so popular. BW was shocked that releasing so many servers at launch resulted in dead servers a month later. BW is shocked that they need a server transfer system for players.

Everything seems like it takes them by surprise, and when a fix comes its months too late and it doesn't really fix anything. Vote with your wallet, if you haven't already canceled I highly suggest you do so. Companies do not change their ways if they're making money. This is certainly the last game I'll ever buy from any company associated with EA.

It's like they're the ditzy blonde chick in HS who thinks everything is perfect and than she's shocked when something doesn't go the way she hoped. lol BioWare has failed so hard with this MMO... correction single player RPG.

Roll on The Fatman if you want pvp roll on the Harbinger if you want pve...Or you can wait and hope for the best...your call....

Its impressive that 1.7 million active subs are on just two servers. Que times must be crazy. Have you ever wondered why or how BW failed this bad? I guess any other company that makes the next mmo now knows to stay clear of EA unless they want a quick clean kill to their mmo development.

Its impressive that 1.7 million active subs are on just two servers. Que times must be crazy. Have you ever wondered why or how BW failed this bad? I guess any other company that makes the next mmo now knows to stay clear of EA unless they want a quick clean kill to their mmo development.

You dont have to wonder. Its so simple.

When you try to copy WoW you fail.

How many times have we seen this?

Bioware should have done their own thing.

Yep, my server has gotten to the point of rare WZ pops at off times. Do not even think about getting an ops going, much less a hard mode run. In my current state of tryoing to find some fun stuff to do, I am thinking about facerolling any low level toon trying to get a flashpoint group. At least I can kill something that someone wants dead.

Yep, my server has gotten to the point of rare WZ pops at off times. Do not even think about getting an ops going, much less a hard mode run. In my current state of tryoing to find some fun stuff to do, I am thinking about facerolling any low level toon trying to get a flashpoint group. At least I can kill something that someone wants dead.

I do that now . I Run low lvls thru all the time just because i know how flusterating it is on my alt to need a fp or heroic and cant find anyone to do it with. And doing any hardmodes or ops is out of the question.