What happened to the different color crystals

For a little bit there was a vendor on the station (rep/Imp) that sold level 50 color crystals of all types. Now they have disapeared. I want something different than red/blue/green/yellow but that is all I can find these days. Are there any vendors that still sell these somewhere new or are we just screwed? (PS if there is different locations for different crystals please be nice and let us people know where to find them)

They were there until 1.2 came out. It was said a number of times they would be removing those vendors when 1.2 was released.

You can get other crystals now, but they can be hard to find. Some of the colors can't be made, and some can only be made if you buy the schematic from PvP vendors.

You can get other crystals now, but they can be hard to find. Some of the colors can't be made, and some can only be made if you buy the schematic from PvP vendors.
Additionally some, specifically the white color crystals, are no longer available within the game at all.

You can buy lv 50 black purple..etc with pvp points.

Artfice can also craft lv 50 (crit, endurance and power) Blue, Red, Yellow (Blue and Red recipe are from Daily vendor while blue and yellow are from pvp vendor.)

Who knows what Bioware is thinking, I have no idea where you can get the cyan or purple lightsaber color crystal anymore. Probably rare drops in raids, you can get some different colors from the PvP vendor, but those are the extreamly fugly black colored ones. I think there is a purple black one there, they all looks horrendus.

Who knows what Bioware is thinking, I have no idea where you can get the cyan or purple lightsaber color crystal anymore. Probably rare drops in raids, you can get some different colors from the PvP vendor, but those are the extreamly fugly black colored ones. I think there is a purple black one there, they all looks horrendus.

Or players who, like myself: stock piled them because of their rarity. :)

I love using my Cyan crystals on my empire characters; because no one else seems to have one.

Additionally some, specifically the white color crystals, are no longer available within the game at all.

why they did this is beyond me. It is completely counter intuitive to what they are trying to do with color crystals. (give us more options with color rather than going for stats)

The new craftables were simply the level 50 stat for already existing colours.

Vendor-wise the new colours are black-green, black-purple and black-orange. The first of which is no longer purchasable (I'm betting on annual availability). The black-purple and black-orange require high warzone rankings. Seeing as how ranked warzones are not yet around... well I guess we collectively expected more than 3 black-core colours, none of which are craftable. Disappointing. Bioware were being literal but lackluster with that note in the 1.2 trailer.

I would've been very content if they'd planned mod slots to tune the shade/core-thinkness/glow-strength (perhaps blade/shot length) of your traditional colours and with wide availability. All costmetic so as to not restrict choice and to get it out to the masses faster. And BW would have a new credit-sink on their hands :p. I strongly feel that weapons (especially lightsabers) don't feel as personal as they should. People often sharing endgame hilts and having about 10 common colours, all of which look identical on any lightsaber.

I can't say it's quite like a game like borderlands where you'd be sad to let a long-lasting, unique weapon go because something superior has come along. The only way to have a chance of standing out right now are the white and magneta crystals.

Edited by Cooperal

why they did this is beyond me. It is completely counter intuitive to what they are trying to do with color crystals. (give us more options with color rather than going for stats)
They have very little supporting evidence in the lore for their inclusion, especially as a readily available resource. The developers have to stay true to the setting, at least to some extent. It is a requirement that would be written into their contract with LucasArts.