The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manaan (even though it would likely be taxi limited, possibly it could be a forced neutral area that's not garish like NS?), Dantooine, Kash, possibly Dathomir (no nightsisters though since they didn't exist), Yavin IV, even Endor (as long as there's a semi plausible story reason for space folks to be there),

Talus (if you do it swg style, open, sweet endless fields with occasional cities, non-static mobs, recreate Kimo town as a living place), My dream (semi serious) is that we could use its wide open-ness as one of the first planets to support player housing (which I hope is on the wall of "within 3 years)" as opposed to the "wall of crazy aka wall of not gonna happen unless tor runs 10 years."

Naboo (early human settlements, Gungans not hiding out so much, but tone down the background jar jar vo's), also a good planet for player housing opportunities. Ruusan, or whatever the planet of the big battle in Bane was, at an earlier stage, spying, sniping, assuming that fits w/ the backstory already written. I don't recall if it was specifically called out as only being a battle site during the events leading up to the first Bane novel, or if it could be storied in such a way that at some point the battle there is over. BW talks about this game running for 10-20 years and including hundreds of planets. Maybe make it an Ilum style planet when you figure out what open world pvp should have, and then 5 years later, "end" the conflict. Think Restuss from swg, how it was for open pvp and running commendation missions for schematics, weapons, etc, and then down the road, you can remove forced pvp (outside of pvp servers) because by then the rewards will be useful for looks, not stats.

Not Mandalore. There wouldn't be a thematic reason for there to be typical quests/missions. When Mandalorians want something done, they do it themselves or pay other Mandos to do it. These aren't Coruscantis. Aside from possible class quests in expansions, where one meets with leaders or attempts to negotiate or intimidate some bh who knows something, it just doesn't seem as plausible (IMO). They don't reach ret-con pacifism until the Clone Wars, so until then, they're BA like the T. Don't defecate on them again.

I'd really like to see Dantooine. It was a great planet in both KOTOR games. Loved the tests, and the drama, and the companion you picked up (who you could kill!), in the first one. And the sense of loss when you went there in the second one was amazing! I then completely forgot about that feeling when I found my own personal crystal, but it was amazing while it lasted.

It would be great to see all of the changes, and see some of the same sites. Exploring the jedi ruins would be probably no longer be an option, but they might be restored, and other places should still be there (like the insect/crystal cave).

DATHOMIR!

Nightsisters ftw. I want a story arc where one of them captures my sith warrior and tries to enslave him, and then i get to beat the **** out of all of them and take them as my harem.

The Witches of Dathomir were created in the year around 600 BBY, so forget Nightsisters in this game.

Lucky us this isnt runned by David Feloni.. They wont retcon everything..

Edited by ElitehunterDS

1. Manaan, because waterworlds hold opportunities.

2. Rakata Prime, because we see so much Rakata Empire ruin and really need resolution.

3. A Totally Unique Made Up One, to be honest I groaned when Tatooine and Hoth were on the list (although they are among the most well done planets in game), it's like every SW game has to go to these two insignificant, desolate, boondock worlds only because Luke Skywalker did. Lets go somewhere else, yes? Maybe more populated so I can at least have an army that would legitimately be there to kill.

4. Coruscant/Dromund Kaas I wish Coruscant/Dromund Kaas played a much bigger role, Coruscant needed the zones spread further away. It lost it's scale. Coronet felt bigger than all of Coruscant. For "capital" worlds, they are essentially "meh, seen it."

5. Naboo, because of the architecture and underwater cities, and thousands of grand opportunities for the Dark Side be, uh, well Dark Side.

6. Sullust, because there's not a proper volcanic world.

7. Ryloth, because I've never been there, need to check it off the list.

8. Onderon, because I'd like to the see the mess we created in KotOR II.

9. Utapau, or something similar, it would add for a different backdrop.

10. Mustafar, just in case Sullust doesn't make it--I still want a volcanic world.

Worlds I will not like to see: Bespin, Dagobah, Yavin, ENDOR, Geonosis, Dathomir, Kashyyyk, among others.

Kashyyyk is something not done well in any game I've played, SWG, KOTOR, nothing does it right. Dathomir is just another plains planet that I don't care enough about. Dagobah and Endor I just will not like because they have no human populations at all. Endor only got it after Palpy got wise. I'm not big on cute little fuzz-balls, only the mean ones. With claws and roars that make squads of men run in circles. Pulling arms out of sockets... where was I?

Edited by Lord_Reavous
Rethunk

I'd be interested in seeing Kashyyk, and Manaan if there's more underwater stuff instead of running around topside playing detective. Underwater bases, Deus Ex style. Would also be a nice place to introduce swimming.

The game kind of lacks a lava planet. I'd like to see one.

Also, since time is frozen, why not have new zones in old planets where the time of the day is different? I want to see the "dark side" of the planets for once. But leave the goofy droid flashlights out.

I agree with the Kashyyk and Dantooine people. As well as Dagobah.

However, one that I haven't seen yet is Naboo. Mostly because I think there are a lot of options they would have for a planet like that. There are wide-open plains as well as swamps and large lakes. Just seems like they could make that planet more of an open area for all kinds of things. They could do WZ's with it, although I think that would be very limiting.

I'm probably crazy and I haven't articulated my thoughts very well here. But I was playing the game the other day imagining all the things I could be doing on a planet like that. Just can't seem to put it into words....

This is just long list, but whatever these are different I would want to see if possible.

Dantooine- Cool to see that planet updated and can imagine having some interesting relations to Kotor.

Kashyyyk- Wookiee relations would be interesting and fighting in the shadowlands would be cool.

Mustafar- Change of Scenery/ environment.

Naboo- This planet would be cool but I'm just worried about seeing..... Gungans.

Manaan- It would be cool if once more the Imps and Reps had to be peaceful in the cities but could fight in the lower facilities.

Geonosis- Arena style area would present a possibly cool set of missions as well as cool PvP.

1- Csilla (we've never seen it, it is in the unknown regions ++ it is full of chiss-> guess it would be empire only so you need to find a republic only planet)

2- Naboo (Great city, awful swamp, Deadly underwater zone, wide plains... and gugans -> everything you need)

3- Mon calamari (underwater zone filled with mon calamaris, selkath, abyssins, nautolans and so on)

4- Bespin (Cloud city)

5- Sullust (since we've never seen it)

+ A Geonosis arena would be funny as an operation, battleground even as a daily quest zone (like Kotor 1 cantina when you need to beat all the "gladiators" on taris)

I think it would be incredible to go to Kessel, using some of the EU's ideas on its make up.

Either as an explorable area to try and mine the Spice there for augmenting Force Users (totally something the Empire would do), or as an OP where you start out by fighting some splinter group Cartel goons or something as a favor to the Hutts, and then it evolves into fighting the beasts that dwell beneath as sections of the base cave in and you are dropped into the tunnels. I feel that kind of OP would end up being very claustrophobic and Sci-Fi Horrorish.