Price drop for game WHAT!?

djcheezy

almost 6 months after release and you are complaining that the price has dropped?

ZOMG NEEDZ REFUND NOW KK OR I UNSUB!!!111!!!00

this is essentially what I read.

Supply & demand must be new to the OP..

You see OP, people are not demanding TOR as much as they used to months ago, why? Well it could be that a lot of people ahve the game, or decided not to play it. Hense demand is low...if demand drops, you drop the price a bit to try to raise demand.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait - this game isn't free 2 play yet?

I wanted to buy it when it came out, but it was too expensive. I waited for it to go on sale (which conveniently fell right after the week they sent me a "play for a week for free" email) - Got me hooked on the free preview, it was on sale at Best Buy (the store matched their online price), and I had a coupon so that helped too.

So, yes, marketing works. But you would only have a valid complaint I think if it was $80 -yesterday- and then dropped to $40 the day after you bought it, or something like that.

McDonalds dropped there price of drinks 20 cents from 5 months ago!! THEY SCREWED ME NEVER AGAIN!

OMG WWHHAT!? The price of gas at my gas station has gone down 10 cents a gallon of what I previously got it for!! THEY SCREWED ME NEVER AGAIN!!!

Why did I even BUY that thing for that much money? Now it's in the clearance section for 10 dollars off!? NEVER AGAIN!

You can either pay for it when it first comes out to get the satisfaction of having it right away and pay full price. Or wait a little and it comes down.

Also, you can also see trends that EVERYTHING in our society goes up and down in price. System that varies. Don't just find any old reason to hate EA please.... :/

So I pre ordered , few months back

to find out a few months later that they gonna change the prices of the game, half of what I paid?

Screenshot of the current price drop.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/swtorprice.jpg/

Bioware And EA, just crapped all over there current customers who paid higher for the game!

I paid $87.35 for Digital Deluxe Now its Cheaper. Bah.

$59.99 was so-posed to be the retail price for the game now that is cheaper too!

It still cost $59.99 at Best Buy For Standard I Don't get It, I Am Confused! lol

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

Half a game, half the price. Make sense to me. You've been suckered buddy. Like the rest of us.

Nah. The High End executives made out like bandits (which is what they are), I'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank..

When high end executives make out like bandits, they are more likely to take that money and invest in new games in the future (with the hopes of making out like bandits again).

If the high end executives don't make money from games that they finance, they will be generally inclined to look to other industries for their future investments.

All games drop in price eventually.

How quickly they drop in price depends on how well the game did.

Actually it's the other way around. The better a game does the longer it stays full priced. Fairly simple supply and demand concept. Case and point: Skyrim, Starcraft II, etc.

Why would I read anything you posted?

People need to get over themselves.

Sorry buddy, I read OP and maybe 2-3 responces, yours clearly didnt qualify.

Then sit in your chair as the stubborn child you are. The game is on sale this week only. Unfortunately people can't be brought to clicking 3 buttons nowdays or maybe you can't bear the fact that someone proved you wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Actually it's the other way around. The better a game does the longer it stays full priced. Fairly simple supply and demand concept. Case and point: Skyrim, Starcraft II, etc.

MMOs are a bit different. Unlike those single-player games that rely primarily on the initial sale, MMOs rely more on subscription. Compared to SP games it's very normal for subscription-based games to drop in price earlier.

I imagine that GW2 on the other hand won't drop price so quickly, since that game is not subscription-based.

Here's some references (includes pre-release preorder pricing):

http://camelcamelcamel.com/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Pc/product/B002I0HKIU

http://camelcamelcamel.com/World-Warcraft-Wrath-Lich-Expansion-Mac/product/B000VJTJNE

Both expansions dropped in price a couple months after release. Those are actual drops too, not temporary promotions. There are however promotions which drove those two expansions' prices down to even $20.

I can next go into details about consumer/supplier surplus, but that's really boring. The end result is that with a temporary promotion like this, chances are EA will get a lot more customers and hopefully subscribers.

Edited by GhoXen

its a sales gimmick. . .

mass effect 2 for the xbox 360 dropped in price very fast too and i happen to know that game sold very well. it may mean that the game met a certain sales quota and lowering the price for the DIGITAL edition which costs nothing for them to produce, became feasible.

so lowering the price for a digital edition just means the game sold enough to warrant that drop in price.

• 3 months later...
So I pre ordered , few months back

to find out a few months later that they gonna change the prices of the game, half of what I paid?

Screenshot of the current price drop.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/swtorprice.jpg/

Bioware And EA, just crapped all over there current customers who paid higher for the game!

I paid $87.35 for Digital Deluxe Now its Cheaper. Bah.

$59.99 was so-posed to be the retail price for the game now that is cheaper too!

It still cost $59.99 at Best Buy For Standard I Don't get It, I Am Confused! lol

WHY THE PRICE DROP?

I think with all the price drops that the monthly service should be the one to do the dropping. With F2P coming it only sounds right to do if you ask me. 10.00 bucks a month is a great deal and plus internet fees already you'd still bang.

But I believe they just want to make a ton of money i guess but think about it bioware a price drop in the Service...more people would go for GOLD!!!!!!!1