New Bug: Companion's weapons are missing.

Patch 1.2.2 fixes the earpiece stats bug, but introduces a new one where now companion's weapons are missing from the hip/holster. Even in combat they're just pantomiming at the enemy. Work around for now is to just re-equip after every load.

Good job BW keep up the good work ^.^

Patch 1.2.2 fixes the earpiece stats bug, but introduces a new one where now companion's weapons are missing from the hip/holster. Even in combat they're just pantomiming at the enemy. Work around for now is to just re-equip after every load.

Good job BW keep up the good work ^.^

I'm pretty sure this has been an intermittent bug even before the most recent patch. I've definitely seen pantomimed fighting even before this patch. Vibroswords = especially buggy.

Agreed. I have noticed this for a while now so it is not the latest patch.

Once again, people find a bug and assume it was because the latest patch and get on BW saying they do not test. This has occurred LONG before the last patch.

After doing some more fiddling around I've pinpointed that the weapons seem to be disappearing after using elevators from shuttle transfers and orbital stations. Can someone else confirm by docking at Ilum and use the lift and or the shuttle to the base? Check your companion's hip for his/her missing weapon.

thnx...

Edited by Darth-Piranha

Yeah I'm getting this on my one n only toon. I have a lvl 20 Jedi Sage and Qyzen keeps losing his weapon if I use elevators and such. Re-quipping the weapon fixes the visual bug.

One thing I forgot to test (at work now) do companions (I have Qyzen dismissed, not doing crew skills) keep re-appearing after NPC conversations? Also he keeps his weapon out until after the first fight is over. Then he sheathes his while the weapon is active. Only after defeating another mob does Qyzen put his techblade on his back, fully deactivated. Strange and annoying but not game breaking.

Companion weapons have never been right since I can remember back in testing. They either continually have them out even when long out of battle, or they are in the position to have their weapons out and you can't see them.

I've been playing a few hours a week since early launch access. AFAIK the bug with companion weapons (dissapearing and always being unsheated until after the first fight occurs) and companions automatically re-appearing after NPC conversations started appearing after the 1.2 update but I could be wrong. Well BW fixed the implant / ear items bug so lets hope this gets fixed soon too. Then alllow colour unify and hide head slot items for companions and I'm one happy gamer :D

Companion weapons have never been right since I can remember back in testing. They either continually have them out even when long out of battle, or they are in the position to have their weapons out and you can't see them.

^this :(

kiras erect saber drives me BONKERS

I don't know, running through NPCs on that endless walkway back and forth to the Senate House, with Kira's light saber fully blazed, imagining how they'd be cut in two without even realizing it, was the only highlight on the tedious Coruscant plotline for me :)

Edited by jgelling

kiras erect saber drives me BONKERS

That drives me nuts, yes, but not as bad as Bowdaar running behind me through the market or into a private meeting with a Senator wielding his vibroblade like a baseball bat.

My suggestions sounds simple, but obviously there is more to them, but :

1) When in combat, companions have weapons out and weilded, and when not in combat, have them sheath them

2) Stop them from disappearing.

That drives me nuts, yes, but not as bad as Bowdaar running behind me through the market or into a private meeting with a Senator wielding his vibroblade like a baseball bat..

Actually that'd improve the Republic's political process immensely.

Edited by jgelling

You can add the flying phantom lightsaber in conversations... no hilt, just the laser effect moving around (from Kira as far as i saw).

Yes, that's a new bug with 1.2, I already reported it and I am surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

As for the Bug with weapons disappearing or staying out for companions AND main characters alike, this has been around since beta.

FIIIIIXXXXX IT BW !

Weapons have been bugged like this for a while now, last night corso was holding his rifle, but he also had his hand on his hip, causing the rifle to go straight through ^^

Did you dip when he dipped you dipped?

Allot of people are saying that weapons have always been a bit buggish but I've never actually seen this particular glitch until p-1.22 ~ Where say "Nadia's" saber keeps disappearing after using lift or shuttle. This has gotta be a new bug..