The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

I think will be fine once we get server mergers / player transfers plus a local server LFG tool.... Although a global chat would of been the easiest solution... Still boggles the mind they didn't put in a global chat to allow people to talk across all the planets to put groups together... How many people are playing lower level alts who would love to take their higher level main on a flashpoint but you can't communicate with these people because Bioware decided not to give us global chat...

IMO was a huge mistake by Bioware... I would still like to see a Global Chat even if we get a LFG tool....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 months in and TOR loses 25% and most of them are CASUALS. Comparing subscription loses with WoW at this point is ridiculous. WoW is a 7 year old game. People leave an old game for a variety of reasons. WoW will get more subscriptions with their new expansion too, they always do.

The loss of casuals this early on says one thing, lack of features. Hardcore players need continous content. Casuals need features.

Can you link the facts that support your assumptions that casual players have left SWTOR....

Thanks

I think will be fine once we get server mergers / player transfers plus a local server LFG tool.... Although a global chat would of been the easiest solution... Still boggles the mind they didn't put in a global chat to allow people to talk across all the planets to put groups together... How many people are playing lower level alts who would love to take their higher level main on a flashpoint but you can't communicate with these people because Bioware decided not to give us global chat...

IMO was a huge mistake by Bioware... I would still like to see a Global Chat even if we get a LFG tool....

I like your idea, but on my server there are usually less than a half-dozen players on each planet, and there is still no carrot for the 50s to do the HM FP daily.

What do you mean "sooner than designed?"

The effect of 1 or 2 tokens a day better damn well be behind the release curve of the next content/tier patch. It would take more than a month to get even a Rakata/BH implant, and several months to get armor. If anything, my reward suggestions are meager.

The problem is there is NO carrot, and the stick, well...it is up the (deleted) of the developers. This game is missing a critical aspect that WoW has, and no LFG tool will help. LFG tool do do WHAT? (no carrot = no reason to sign on)

RE: My previous post:

I'm sick of the complaints about there not being a LFG tool.

Server mergers and LFG tools by themselves will NOT revitalize SWTOR. Why? There is no INCENTIVE to sign in and do anything frequently, especially for 50s. Looking for group to do WHAT that is worth while???

You combine two servers with people who don't have incentive to sign in at least daily, and you end up with NOTHING new.

What you need to do is provide that incentive. And you need it quick. So, do like WoW does, and make the HM FP daily quest worth doing. Many people have skipped some or all of the HM FPs...most them who have done HM FPs have done BT a zillion times over just to get the daily done. And no wonder people are bored!

You must up the ante for doing HM flashpoints. This would add huge incentive to do them. The HM daily quest reward should be increased and scaled to the difficulty of the heroic completed--and should include Rakata and Black Hole tokens as appropriate:

The Black Talon: Keep as-is, "LFG quick daily BT HM" in General Chat makes my stomach turn!

Boarding Party: Add 1 Rakata token

The Foundry, Directive 7: Add 2 Rakata token

The Battle of Ilum, The False Emperor, Kaon under Siege: Add 1 Black Hole token

Lost Island: Add 2 Black Hole token

If people log in daily, it will help revitalize the economy as well.

I'm sorry, but I am puzzled by all the people claiming that mergers and/or a LFG tool will fix things.

What I describe is a QUICK and effective fix. It would take the developers a few days. No waiting until 1.3.

You seem to be missing the point that people are unable to find enough people their level or whatever to do the Flashpoints. Nothing to do with rewarding them for doing it. The population is too spread out over planets and servers. That's why an LFG tool will help. We need to unite the playerbase, not throw shiny rewards at them for playing.

Can you link the facts that support your assumptions that casual players have left SWTOR....

Thanks

EA Exec quoted that. Google search is your friend. Darthater also has an article on it with links.

But by casual players, he didnt mean casual MMOers. Rather people who game hop. Game hoppers are those who can't stick with the same for more than a month and always need to move onto to the next big thing every month. EA claims that majority of the 25% sub lost were such game hoppers.

Server Merges are not coming soon. The LFG for PVE is coming before any server transfers . And on low pop servers the same server LFG tool will fail I predict. Server transfers will then come after 1.3. Server Merges will only be done when they feel they need to do something to save the game... Rift comes to mind. :p

I like your idea, but on my server there are usually less than a half-dozen players on each planet, and there is still no carrot for the 50s to do the HM FP daily.

I would like to relate to your post about no carrot to do HM FP. But I can'nt. I would like to just be able to do some level 50 Flashpoints I have yet to experence..right now some of us are not even getting crumbs, let alone a carrot. :p

Edited by Valkirus

You seem to be missing the point that people are unable to find enough people their level or whatever to do the Flashpoints. Nothing to do with rewarding them for doing it. The population is too spread out over planets and servers. That's why an LFG tool will help. We need to unite the playerbase, not throw shiny rewards at them for playing.

No, I understand the point for lower-level players. But the big news is the quick drop in the longer-term (50s) population. There is no carrot, so there is cancellation.

Edited by Mustelidaen

But by casual players, he didnt mean casual MMOers. Rather people who game hop. Game hoppers are those who can't stick with the same for more than a month and always need to move onto to the next big thing every month. EA claims that majority of the 25% sub lost were such game hoppers.

That's a job saving spin imo.

No, I understand the point for lower-level players. But the big news is the quick drop in the longer-term (50s) population. There is no carrot, so there is cancellation.

But the main complaint that seems to be coming from the level 50's population is that there's not enough content. So it's nothing to do with being offered shiny rewards for doing HM's, it's that they're bored of doing them. They've been doing the same HM's for 5 months now.

That's a different complaint rom those who are levelling or freshly 50 and can't find a group to do any Flashpoints with, though has a knock on effect to them. But your solution isn't a fix to either problem.

I have two level 50's, and haven't done ONE HM FP yet. Heck, I haven't even done the normal high-level FPs, cause no one on my server seems to want to do them and I will not sit in Fleet for 2 hours begging for an invite when my friends aren't on. I really hope the Group Finder allows me to do some Flashpoints or I will be cancelling as well.

People who think a same server lfg tool will save this game are fooling themselves. They have been tried in other games and have failed miserably and the tiny server population caps this game has will just make them fail even faster.

After transfers, If a server has 1000 people on it and lets say the factions are equal numbers (lol) thats 500 people per server, and when you take into account level range the numbers drop even more. Even if the servers had 2000 people on them it would still mean horrible que times.

Thi same server tool will most likely be a total waste of time, and may hold back some people for a very short time but when they realize it wont help them get fps and faster or easier even more people will leave.

It just baffles me that bioware would bother doing his, they are the devs for a HUGE mmo and its like they know next to nothing about mmos and have done zero research on what other mmos have tried and failed with.

I would like to relate to your post about no carrot to do HM FP. But I can'nt. I would like to just be able to do some level 50 Flashpoints I have yet to experence..right now some of us are not even getting crumbs, let alone a carrot. :p

As a fairly-well geared out level 50, I would LOVE to show you some new instances. So I would log on to help you, especially if there was a carrot. In fact, I did so in WoW for many months. But the majority of people geared like me NEED a carrot or it is not worth their time.

If you read the other threads there is much noise about reaching 50, (having run HM Black Talon enough times to get Columni gear), and then...nothing. The rest of the harder 4-man Ops are void zones. I know, I have checked during the day even when fleet is at its peak time (you can specify instance search criteria in one of the fleet dialogs). Many of my friends who complain about the game have never done the harder 4-man Ops, cause there is no carrot...it's not that there's no LFG tool, it's that there's no incentive.

Don't get me wrong, a LFG tool is a good thing. You just need to also add a carrot, a bigger one the harder the instance. And as I said, it would only take the developers a few days to do so.

People who think a same server lfg tool will save this game are fooling themselves. They have been tried in other games and have failed miserably and the tiny server population caps this game has will just make them fail even faster.

After transfers, If a server has 1000 people on it and lets say the factions are equal numbers (lol) thats 500 people per server, and when you take into account level range the numbers drop even more. Even if the servers had 2000 people on them it would still mean horrible que times.

Thi same server tool will most likely be a total waste of time, and may hold back some people for a very short time but when they realize it wont help them get fps and faster or easier even more people will leave.

It just baffles me that bioware would bother doing his, they are the devs for a HUGE mmo and its like they know next to nothing about mmos and have done zero research on what other mmos have tried and failed with.

lol you call this a huge mmo blizzard and wow has 10 times the population this game does.

But the main complaint that seems to be coming from the level 50's population is that there's not enough content. So it's nothing to do with being offered shiny rewards for doing HM's, it's that they're bored of doing them. They've been doing the same HM's for 5 months now.

That's a different complaint rom those who are levelling or freshly 50 and can't find a group to do any Flashpoints with, though has a knock on effect to them. But your solution isn't a fix to either problem.

A common mis-assumption.

No, many of my friends did "quick HM BT" (because it is so easy) over and over, and haven't seen the other instances.

I dont see that at all, this game has pleanty of 4 mans and ops for how long its been out. and from what ive seen many 50's have not done all the hm fps, heck most of them have not been able to do them because they cannot get groups. If anything about content needs to change right now its gear itemization, give people a reason to do hm fps, give 50's that raid a reason to do them so the pool of players for the lfg tool is larger.

lol you call this a huge mmo blizzard and wow has 10 times the population this game does.

By huge i mean that you could buy everyone that plays wow a new computer for the money it took to make swtor. Devs who were put in charge of an mmo like that should be experts in the mmo field, and if they werent they should have made themselves experts in the 8 years it took to make the game.

I dont see that at all, this game has pleanty of 4 mans and ops for how long its been out. and from what ive seen many 50's have not done all the hm fps, heck most of them have not been able to do them because they cannot get groups. If anything about content needs to change right now its gear itemization, give people a reason to do hm fps, give 50's that raid a reason to do them so the pool of players for the lfg tool is larger.

Yes. You see the light at the end of the carrot.

A common mis-assumption.

No, many of my friends did "quick HM BT" (because it is so easy) over and over, and haven't seen the other instances.

You're basing your own assumption on what your friends have said. I'm basing mine on what a majority of complaints on this forum are about. I wouldn't say it's a common mis-assumption, I'd say it's going with what a lot of people are saying.

Blizzard also carefully adjusts the carrot for doing daily HMs--just enough to get people to sign on. Bioware doesn't.

Put much more plainly than i did, this needs to go hand in hand with a x-server lfg tool if swtor wants to grow.

Who needs facts when you have blind opinion!

WoW is a game that has been going for about 7 years, it lost about a million players this last year who mostly cited (on poles found on various sites) that their reasons were because of boredom with the repetitive content.

Quite a bit different from a brand new game losting 25% of players, a few who have cited their reasons as being not getting to actually play the content.

This guy I've quoted makes a passive agressive accusation such as "who needs facts when you have blind opnion!" then goes on to engage in the same exact behavior declaring his opinions as fact.

I got bored with SWTOR's repetitive content.

I wan't some link or some sort of proof substantiating your claim that any percentage of players that SWTOR "losted" was due to the content being inaccessable and not shallow & repetitive.

I'd say if anything that the inaccessibility of this game keeps people from realizing how shallow & repetitive the game is at the end and keeps people subbed due to that. The reason for the inaccessibility is that the people who made it further got to see the travesty it is at the end hence aren't in game and LFG.

Put much more plainly than i did, this needs to go hand in hand with a x-server lfg tool if swtor wants to grow.

What can I say, two people agree on the same thread?!? I should also add, upping the ante for doing the daily HM quest via 1 or 2 Rakata/BH tokens would help the players who DON'T raid, by allowing them eventual access to higher-level gear.