The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

The only reason you think they need them is because YOU want them. Ever heard the old story about comparing "needs" and "wants"? Because you are trying to claim that something you WANT is something that you NEED. When in fact it is not needed in the slightest for the game to function (otherwise the game would have died during beta and early access) If you want to play a game that has an LFG tool, go back to WoW or find another MMO that has it. Having an LFG tool is not something standard in MMOs. You just want it to be.

No logical argument so you resort to putting words in my mouth that weren't there, lol. I never said, nor implied that the game cannot function without xserver LFD (I played during beta and am still playing and numerous times, even in this thread have said I'm still enjoying the game). There's also a difference between "Should" and "Need". Learn that difference before interpreting another person's words next time. No, I'm not going back to WoW because I quit that game for reasons that have nothing to do with the xserver LFD. LFG tools may not be standard if you're looking at the entire history of MMO's, but I do believe it is becoming the standard. And unlike you, yes, I will concede that much of what I'm saying is based on my own opinion which is based on my experience. And one more thing, my opinion would be the same even if I was getting same server groups on a regular basis (which I was at the beginning of this game)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are professionals at rolling their faces on their keyboards?

I can't speak for Cataclysm raids, but if you're saying 25man Rotface, Putricide, Blood Queen and Valithria (just to name a few) could be done just by rolling your face on the keyboard then you're either trolling or never did those raids.

I can't speak for Cataclysm raids, but if you're saying 25man Rotface, Putricide, Blood Queen and Valithria (just to name a few) could be done just by rolling your face on the keyboard then you're either trolling or never did those raids.

No, I did those raids, and they were hard for Wrath standards. But were not hard at all if the group had a clue. Only problem I had with doing raids and dungeons in WoW is the community. There is a reason that they put the "Don't stand in fire" hint on loading screens.

Edited by Sireene
use of retarded - PM'd

I'm not upset, and I am not the one cryng about it. You are. Stop projecting.

I am here raising a valid concern even BW has admitted partly to, you are here to complain about us voicing our concerns, obviously that makes you the crybaby.

Two months puts us well into "early summer". Please consult your calendar for more details.

It was a vague comment and let's consider that that kind of vague timetable is rarely met in any video game company.

And again, there is no gurantee that it will fix the real problem of not having anyone to group up with.

About 15% of servers are actully "empty". Another 15% are LIGHT and not optimal at all. The remaing 70% are running STANDARD or higher during prime play time. The ability to transfer off of empty servers IS needed. But your allegation that it is most servers is incorrect exaggeration.

My server shows "standard" most of the time and there is nobody to group with. I have no idea how they come up with their designations but however they do it, "standard" still means you can't find a group.

Your server is empty. I get that. Sucks. It is what it is at this point. You will get server transfer WAAAAAAY before the game sees a cross server LFG for PvE. Stop whining and crying. Either find something to do until server transfers are live, OR unsub until they are. Rocket science it is NOT.

Stop crying about other people crying......lol.

I find it funny as hell that you come here to complain about other people complaining, does that not seem a little childish on your part? At least we are paying customers who have a valid issue to voice......what do you have? A need to blindly defend BW? A deep seated hate for anyone who has a valid complaint? Completely bored so you are just being a troll?

The point is if we want a cross server tool we havbe to lay the groundwork early and often. This way two months down the road when we still can't form groups they can't say this request is a new issue. This is done in politics all the time where the people keep voicing their concerns over and over and over time, the leadership starts to listen to the logic behind the requests and makes it happen. Take women's suffrage for example, it was always the right thing to do logically, but it took constant pressure and long debates to make the closed minded decision makers to change their minds to do the right thing.

Again, people just need to learn to start using the LFG feature that is already in the game. Guess what, you can put yourself in LFG status and still run around doing things without sitting in fleet spamming. Main problem is people do not use it which is why sitting in fleet spamming is the main way to get groups. If the game automatically put you into the LFG status and then brought up the /who window with LFG already searched whenever you mentioned a flashpoint for around a month, people would then understand that the game already has one built in and maybe people will actually start using it.

Best case, everyone uses the piece of monkey ***** tool that's in the game now, I still wait 1.25 hours for a group.

I suppose that's not so bad on a character I'm leveling.

What happens if I want to run something on one of my 50's? I get to do eye-bleedingly boring daily missions? Yay.

Why is it wrong for me to want to get into a flashpoint after a 15 minute wait? Why do you want me to have to wait over an hour? How does that benefit you, me, and all the rest of the game's players?

LFG tools may not be standard if you're looking at the entire history of MMO's, but I do believe it is becoming the standard.

You believe they are becoming the standard because you WANT them to be standard. And you also try and claim that you are still enjoying the game even without a LFG tool even though your signature states specifically that you will stop playing the game if they do not implement it. This is saying that you need it in your MMO for that MMO to be satisfactory to your standards. If you want an MMO that has a x-server LFG tool, go to one that already has it. Don't try and bring it to other MMOs that don't need it.

No, I did those raids, and they were hard for Wrath standards. But were not hard at all if the group had a clue. Only problem I had with doing raids and dungeons in WoW is the community. There is a reason that they put the "Don't stand in fire" hint on loading screens.

LOL, yea I had some of those people too when I PuG'd, but then there were some awesome pugs, not to mention the many fun guild runs. Then again, I encountered bads and goods before the LFD tool came about too. The thing about the people who QQ'd about "Wrath is too easy" that got me laughing the most though was when they were saying Ulduar was too easy...even BEFORE the world first Algalon occured! LMAO

Edited by Sireene
quote of edited post

You believe they are becoming the standard because you WANT them to be standard. And you also try and claim that you are still enjoying the game even without a LFG tool even though your signature states specifically that you will stop playing the game if they do not implement it. This is saying that you need it in your MMO for that MMO to be satisfactory to your standards. If you want an MMO that has a x-server LFG tool, go to one that already has it. Don't try and bring it to other MMOs that don't need it.

By that logic, SWTOR should never add another feature. Sorry, that's asinine.

1. Ability to /friend characters (not accounts) regardless of server, /whisper them (regardless of server) on those characters, and /invite them to groups prior to queueing for XLFG.

2. Includes an ignore-like "blacklist" that will hold an unlimited number of people and only blocks grouping with them when using the xlfg tool (I might want to blacklist someone mid-run but not ignore them because the latter would impede group communications).

3. Only pools servers into LFG queues based on their type (RP, PvE, RP-PVP, PVP) and doesn't ask people to group with people who don't share the most broad of gaming preferences at a minimum. After all, why have server types if they aren't going to matter?

4. Includes a limited number of free character transfers to facilitate joining the guild of friends from another server you happened to meet via cross-server grouping?

5. Rewards you for pre-forming your own groups rather than taking randoms.

Call for these features to be added and I'll support you.

Wow! A constructive post!:eek:

Push come to shove, I wouldnt be so against xserver if they also included these PLUS

6) Pools from your server first for 10-15 min before looking elsewhere.

7) A rating system and the ability to choose the min rating to be paired up with. One where you cannot vote for the same person more than once per week. Or month, which ever works best. (Accountability) Sure some may be aholes and just vote down everyone, some wont vote ... but much like any internet vendor rating out there after you get a good number of votes on your account, its a pretty good rating for others to judge you by. Short; if this system is accurate and good enough for some people out there to depend their entire income on (career ebayers), its good enough for a game.

Edited by MasterKayote

Why is it wrong for me to want to get into a flashpoint after a 15 minute wait? Why do you want me to have to wait over an hour? How does that benefit you, me, and all the rest of the game's players?

If everyone on the server is using the current LFG feature, which is VERY useful even though it isn't x-server, there won't be much wait time. Simply because it doesn't involve the game forming the group for you and teleporting you magically to the flashpoint doesn't mean it is useless.

Best case, everyone uses the piece of monkey ***** tool that's in the game now, I still wait 1.25 hours for a group.

I suppose that's not so bad on a character I'm leveling.

What happens if I want to run something on one of my 50's? I get to do eye-bleedingly boring daily missions? Yay.

The absence of a lfg tool only beneifts the people that want to keep on feeling special that they can acquire certain gear, while everyone else waits for 1hr+ for a group for a normal lvl50 run. The LFG tool will happen regardless of these people's fake negativity towards it.

Also anyone that whines that it brings in baddies/ninjas to get good gear, who cares, just carry or kick that baddie and Master Loot the drops.

If everyone on the server is using the current LFG feature, which is VERY useful even though it isn't x-server, there won't be much wait time. Simply because it doesn't involve the game forming the group for you and teleporting you magically to the flashpoint doesn't mean it is useless.

It's only useless to the useless players who want instant gratification. Next it will be free lvl 50's because they deserve it for having another lvl 50.

"Magical teleportation" is irrelevant in this game. All flashpoints are off fleet - a few minutes from the port-in point. It's not the evil you make it out to be. It's a time saver. Tell me, what exactly is so horrid with eliminating valueless, rote, boring activities like traveling? Do you use fleet pass? Do you use quick travel? Do you use the shuttles BW put out on the planets to quick travel to Fleet?

No, the tool really isn't very useful. I've been trying to use it off and on since game test and my feedback has always been the same: why did the devs even bother with it? It's horrid, unhelpful, and less useful than spamming LFG into general.

And yes there still will be just as much wait time. As I mentioned earlier, everyone who wants to do flashpoints is already sitting on fleet spamming. Using the piss-poor current LFG tool won't increase the number of people wanting to do flashpoints. The wait time will not change.

Edited by DarthTHC

It's only useless to the useless players who want instant gratification. Next it will be free lvl 50's because they deserve it for having another lvl 50.

Too true. Funny thing is that someone told me WoW does that now. So yes, people will claim they "need" it because they can do it there.

Bottom Line,

The WOW LFG Tool has been so bad and has ruined the game so much that they released a Looking for Raid utility.

um ok.

I am done, im canceling right now and yes you can have my stuff, dont leave your name I already know who you are, I only see the same 3 players on the fleet each night.

The absence of a lfg tool only beneifts the people that want to keep on feeling special that they can acquire certain gear, while everyone else waits for 1hr+ for a group for a normal lvl50 run. The LFG tool will happen regardless of these people's fake negativity towards it.

Also anyone that whines that it brings in baddies/ninjas to get good gear, who cares, just carry or kick that baddie and Master Loot the drops.

Lol, ninjas and baddies are not the concern. Points proven in WoW and Rift is that random baddies cannot seem to complete the content laid out before them so they ask for nerfs. Notice how there is no more CC in WoW? Notice how dungeons that use to take up to two hours to complete are facerolled in 10 mins?. That is the concern

"Magical teleportation" is irrelevant in this game. All flashpoints are off fleet - a few minutes from the port-in point. It's not the evil you make it out to be. It's a time saver. Tell me, what exactly is so horrid with eliminating valueless, rote, boring activities like traveling? Do you use fleet pass? Do you use quick travel? Do you use the shuttles BW put out on the planets to quick travel to Fleet?

No, the tool really isn't very useful. I've been trying to use it off and on since game test and my feedback has always been the same: why did the devs even bother with it? It's horrid, unhelpful, and less useful than spamming LFG into general.

And yes there still will be just as much wait time. As I mentioned earlier, everyone who wants to do flashpoints is already sitting on fleet spamming. Using the piss-poor current LFG tool won't increase the number of people wanting to do flashpoints. The wait time will not change.

First, no I do not use my fleet pass. I rarely use quick travel. I only used those shuttles before I obtained my personal ship.

You only claim the tool is not useful because no one uses it. I have sat in the fleet just watching people spam for flashpoints, then go into the LFG search and see that NONE of them are using it. I have seen people spamming for a flashpoint that 5 different players are all looking for in the LFG search. Probably was not a complete group, but the fact that he had 5 different players who were specifically saying they wanted to do it and then not asking them first proves people do not use it. Again, if people learned to use the current LFG feature and not be anti social and actually talk with others, maybe stuff would get done.

Has never happened in WoW, the most popular MMO in history. You seem to be seeing ghosts where there are none my friend.

I have 7 lvl 85's and am leveling a shammy right now, I do both structured guild raids and lfg runs. I have never considered turning my back on regular guild runs just because there is a LFG tool.

It most certainly did happen in WoW as seen by the disappearance of people LFG in trade or the LFG channel for large periods. This usually returned on and shortly after patch day when people did not want to PuG because they did not want to deal with LFG dramas. I don't believe I ever mentioned Guilds so what's your point? I'm talking about PuGs.

You are the one generalizing that a LFG tool will destroy everything, not me. You are the guy who claimed WoW was a raid only game, but now you claim more then 50% don;t raid, so which one is it?I see no reason why both statements can't apply

I wonder where you get your number that over half of WoW accounts never do any raids though, you have some kind of hard fact list showing this (request link)? In my experience most people do some form of raids, this is easily discovered by looking at the gear people wear at max level. Dungeons and raids have gear rating numbers and if they are wearing the soulbound gear, obviously they did raid, lol.

As I said in my previous post 'I believe' this is correct. If I recall correctly it was a Ghostcrawler quote saying that 38% of accounts were raiding following LFR, which was something they were proud of.

You still seem to be wanting a mostly solo game, not a MMO. The point of a MMO is to eventually be doing things large groups do, not 1 person, otherwise you may as well erase the "MM".

I agree this game has great potential plus I love the storylines.

Guess what, the raiding is part of the storyline in case you missed that part, kind of sad that part of the story is out of reach for over 80% of the paying population.

It may be out of reach currently, but if people wait for transfers and own server LFG then that may well solve the issue. Sure at some stage in the distant future a x-server LFG may be required but I don't believe that this is yet the time.

That part was not opinion, it was game mechanic fact. The better gear has higher stats for example, gear you can only get through raids. All the other aspects of the game are meant to be supportive elements for that endgame content. As I said above, the story continues "past" the single player stuff.

You stated that the ultimate end game is raiding, for you maybe, not all. Oh yes and I am being 'silly' for not wanting to raid. Yeah right.

Oh yes teamwork, what part of 'Playing with my friends did you not read. I decided that there was not enough content outside of those times to justify my subscription, that's all

What are you wanting to say? That we should all read a book and stop reading before we read the last chapter? The desire to read that last chapter is bad?

Stupid analogies are still stupid

You are obviously just trolling with that comment.

Go look on wowprogress and see the fact that there are more guilds now than ever, more people experiencing endgame content now than ever, more success per account than ever, and yes, Blizz is making a lot of money with increasing memberships. All of this shows that their LFG tools are a resounding success and has made their community better and allowed more players to learn to be better players.

You seem fixated on guilds. If guilds are growing a possible reason could be that that people are so sick of LFG PUGing that they are moving to queue in guild only groups

Would that not include your opinions?

At least I offer hard facts you can check yourself (go look at wowprogress to see all the many successful guilds out there) and all you have is this feeling you want to make everyone else stop wanting to raid.

Your facts all seem to talk of guilds where the main reason for an LFG would surely be for the guildless?

You're reading but not thinking it through. It's really not that difficult if you give it a try. But I'll try to assist you. Look at the levels of my toons in the sig. You'll notice that not all of them are 50. In fact, most are still quite a ways from it. It is going to take some time to get them all to that point. Also, notice that I mention them hitting 50 AND finishing the class stories. I tend to do everything, all side quests, bonus series, and even what heroics and fp's I can get groups for. Even if I've done it before on previous toons which means they hit 50 LONG before I finish the class stories. And guess, what, I'm still enjoying it, which is why I still play this game. Is that really so hard to grasp? lol

Once I finish all class stories, if there is no xserver lfd tool, then yes, my current plan is to unsub because without that, I will NOT waste time looking for raid groups in vain as it is for my lvl 50 Scoundrel on the dead server that he is currently located on (and before you call me a bad, every PuG group I healed finished what it started with very few problems, but believe what you want). I spent many years in other MMO's doing it the "MMO Purist" way since it was then, the only option. Thanks to an innovation by Blizzard, there's now a new way (though it costs the 'Purists' their power over the 'lower classes')

Now, is it possible that Bioware might add something in game between now and then that might cause me to reconsider? Sure (though I have no idea what that might be), but my current plan is exactly that...my current plan. You see, unlike you, I have no problem raising my hand and saying "Oops I was wrong" when I'm proven so.

As for the rest, your opinion vs my opinion, obviously there's not going to be an agreement there. I will throw out again the FACT that if you don't like the tool, don't use it. Many in WoW don't like it and they don't use it and they still enjoy the game. Think about that!

Wow! A constructive post!:eek:

Push come to shove, I wouldnt be so against xserver if they also included these PLUS

6) Pools from your server first for 10-15 min before looking elsewhere.

7) A rating system and the ability to choose the min rating to be paired up with. One where you cannot vote for the same person more than once per week. Or month, which ever works best. (Accountability) Sure some may be aholes and just vote down everyone, some wont vote ... but much like any internet vendor rating out there after you get a good number of votes on your account, its a pretty good rating for others to judge you by. Short; if this system is accurate and good enough for some people out there to depend their entire income on (career ebayers), its good enough for a game.

I like 7 a lot especially if each player's rating only counted after they were rated some number of times (don't give a griefer a chance to lock you out because HE'S the idiot).

6 would be better if the wait were lower, say 5 minutes.

Once I finish all class stories, if there is no xserver lfd tool, then yes, my current plan is to unsub because without that, I will NOT waste time looking for raid groups in vain...

So again, you claim the game is fun yet say you can't play the game without a x-server LFG tool. Which is it? Is the game fun right now, or do you need an LFG easy button to make it fun? It can not be both at the same time.

Lol, ninjas and baddies are not the concern. Points proven in WoW and Rift is that random baddies cannot seem to complete the content laid out before them so they ask for nerfs. Notice how there is no more CC in WoW? Notice how dungeons that use to take up to two hours to complete are facerolled in 10 mins?. That is the concern

Here's another concern.

Right now and with single-server LFG, the difficulty of finding groups means that people tend to over-level content, sometimes by a lot. One of my runs last night was Cademimu, a 30-ish dungeon. The party was a 34, 35, 37, and 39.

The dungeon was a complete cakewalk, except the final boss which we all had to get naked for. (If you don't know why, you probably should figure it out before posting in a thread discussing grouping.)

Those saying they want dungeons to be properly challenging can't be getting that right now, and that's a function of how hard it is to get a group. With X-LFG, we would tend to be more on-level with the content, which means it would be properly challenging.

It's only useless to the useless players who want instant gratification.

1/10 on the troll meter (again, can't give you a zero since I did respond to it)...either that or the idea that people still have to actually run the fp/heroic/op to get the reward even with a xserver lfd tool is too complex a concept for you.

Next it will be free lvl 50's because they deserve it for having another lvl 50.

As much as I want to call you out for trolling on that one, I do have to concede that there were some in WoW that asked for that very thing. And no, I wasn't one of them and yes, I'm one of the ones that opposed it and would do so here too. With those notable exceptions though, no one here is asking for a cakewalk. They just want to play the game they're paying for (and no, spamming fleet for hours of your playtime isn't playing the game)

I hope South park makes a TORtanic episode.

The episode.

DEV "Some want a lfg tool, and new characters, more raids, arena's, and server mergers quickly" but what we believe they really want is something much much greater. How about we gave them a sickness that makes them not want to take their characters around other players?

DEV2 " yes yes your on to something here, if your player is around around player lets have them start throwing up"

DEV1 " I believe this will get rid of the last of the players and discourage whats left of the casual fan base... Sir I believe this is what our players need and want to finally be able to give up and quit. A player event that encourages characters not to be around each other, my god its brilliant!.

DEVLead " Dev 1, get every man woman and child you can muster on this, I just looked at the servers and I see some are still showing as medium populations"

As much as I want to call you out for trolling on that one, I do have to concede that there were some in WoW that asked for that very thing. And no, I wasn't one of them and yes, I'm one of the ones that opposed it and would do so here too. With those notable exceptions though, no one here is asking for a cakewalk. They just want to play the game they're paying for (and no, spamming fleet for hours of your playtime isn't playing the game)

Which is why people need to learn to use this little tool that is already in the game. You may have heard of it. It involves being in a LFG status and allows other people to see that you are LFG for something.