Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

(and no, spamming fleet for hours of your playtime isn't playing the game)

Then don't stand on the fleet. Go hit the planets up and start looking, that is the point to MMORPG's. The adventuring part, not being coddled into the game doing everything for you. And again as it's been pointed out multiple times, there is an LFG tool built in the game and you can use to to scan all zones. Try it, start sending out whispers, people may actually like you

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope South park makes a TORtanic episode.

The episode.

DEV "Some want a lfg tool, and new characters, more raids, arena's, and server mergers quickly" but what we believe they really want is something much much greater. How about we gave them a sickness that makes them not want to take their characters around other players?

DEV2 " yes yes your on to something here, if your player is around around player lets have them start throwing up"

DEV1 " I believe this will get rid of the last of the players and discourage whats left of the casual fan base... Sir I believe this is what our players need and want to finally be able to give up and quit. A player event that encourages characters not to be around each other, my god its brilliant!.

DEVLead " Dev 1, get every man woman and child you can muster on this, I just looked at the servers and I see some are still showing as medium populations"

... time passes, implementation occurs...

GZ: "Guys, you won't believe this, but the telemetry data shows that people are standing around in groups on fleet doing nothing but waiting to vomit on each other!"

Edited by DarthTHC

So again, you claim the game is fun yet say you can't play the game without a x-server LFG tool. Which is it? Is the game fun right now, or do you need an LFG easy button to make it fun? It can not be both at the same time.

No that is not what I said and you know it.

People interested in multiplayer content transferring from low pop servers?

But... by making low pop servers ghost pop servers...

...those transfers will destroy their community !

( /trollface)

Lol! You do have to bring up good logic huh? Way to go. :D

Then don't stand on the fleet. Go hit the planets up and start looking, that is the point to MMORPG's. The adventuring part, not being coddled into the game doing everything for you. And again as it's been pointed out multiple times, there is an LFG tool built in the game and you can use to to scan all zones. Try it, start sending out whispers, people may actually like you

As has been said multiple times, we have tried that. When there's noone to group with, there's noone to group with. My friends and I as I said before (which of course you ignore) have spent years playing MMO's the 'purist' way. Yes, there were some fun times, but there were stretches with no groups too. Xserver lfd changed all that for us. Yes there were bads but there were many more good ones too. In this game, when we do get groups (yes it happens once in a while), they're about 50-50 bad vs good. No one is asking for their hands to be held here. We're willing to run the instances and accept whatever drops.

Which is why people need to learn to use this little tool that is already in the game. You may have heard of it. It involves being in a LFG status and allows other people to see that you are LFG for something.

If the tool were that great, this thread wouldn't exist.

Which is why people need to learn to use this little tool that is already in the game. You may have heard of it. It involves being in a LFG status and allows other people to see that you are LFG for something.

Newsflash...<low whisper> It doesn't work. We tried and still try it.

If the tool were that great, this thread wouldn't exist.

The tool is that great. It is the fact that no one uses it that makes it bad. Shall I bring back the examples I stated?

You only claim the tool is not useful because no one uses it. I have sat in the fleet just watching people spam for flashpoints, then go into the LFG search and see that NONE of them are using it. I have seen people spamming for a flashpoint that 5 different players are all looking for in the LFG search. Probably was not a complete group, but the fact that he had 5 different players who were specifically saying they wanted to do it and then not asking them first proves people do not use it. Again, if people learned to use the current LFG feature and not be anti social and actually talk with others, maybe stuff would get done.

I have formed a group once by sitting on fleet and looking at the LFG search and got 3 other people who were all on 3 separate planets. It pays to use the tools given to you and not be anti-social.

Edited by Kemosobe

OK, slightly more seriously.

It's a game, bro. it's not a rite of passage. It's not spiritual growth. It's not a job. It doesn't need to be tedious. It actually needs to be the opposite.

Yet another post that makes me wish there was a thumbsup button to click on.

The tool is that great. It is the fact that no one uses it that makes it bad. Shall I bring back the examples I stated?

Then let me elaborate.

If it were that great, everyone would be using it, we'd all be getting instant groups, and this thread wouldn't exist.

Then let me elaborate.

If it were that great, everyone would be using it, we'd all be getting instant groups, and this thread wouldn't exist.

Then let me elaborate, people don't use it because they are anti-social and lazy. Which makes the few people who do use it not get much out of it. How is something that shows EVERYONE that you are looking for a group for something not very useful? You can be on Tatooine and see that someone on Ilum wants to do a world boss kill on Coruscant.

First, no I do not use my fleet pass. I rarely use quick travel. I only used those shuttles before I obtained my personal ship.

So when you play sniper you dont use cover either?

Not using the tools the game gives us is not cool nor does it make you better somehow... because you take longer to get to fleet by not using your pass??? Or longer to get back to turn in quest because you dont use QT? You think that is cool? or a status thing to brag about on forums? Its just not smart play is all it is... nothing more.

Then don't stand on the fleet. Go hit the planets up and start looking,

Sorry bro, I was on planets the entire time I was leveling and trying to get FPs and heroic 4 mans... there is no one on the planets... why would I go to a empty planet to find people???

The adventuring part, not being coddled into the game doing everything for you.

By the same token we shouldn't be using broadband internet and should be using dial still??? Or we should be using Dell 4100 computers still??? How dare we be coddled by faster internet and better computers!!! Cant you guys do anything for your selfs??? sheeesh!

And again as it's been pointed out multiple times, there is an LFG tool built in the game and you can use to to scan all zones. Try it,

This is true, unfortunately its a bit to late to start trumpeting this thought... not many use it... in fact so few use it BW has announced they are rolling out a "robust" automated LFG system in 1.3... so while your heart is in the right place, your head is WAY WAY behind the times... how about lets stop talking about using the old LFG system... it does not work for whatever reasons and is being replaced by the game maker... nuff said.

I think I have figured it out... its all about nostalgia isn't it? It just hit me... the repeated calls to use the LFG system in game when its already been thrown out and is being replaced, is happening because of nostalgia.

The chatter about "community" is all about old school Eq1/Vanilla WoW... its based on these people feeling nostalgic. Its like they can not face the fact that LFG tool is happening, communities like there used to be in EQ and early WoW just do not exist and they cant go back to High School and be the cool guy that dated the Cheerleader... so they come here waxing poetic about things that are no longer part of the gaming scene and wrap it in double talk...

Sorry, it took me awhile to understand WHY you guys just wont give up. It makes perfect sense now!

I love you so much!!! +1

Then let me elaborate, people don't use it because they are anti-social and lazy.

Have you met the world? This is how it is bud... complaining about it and ranting and raving about it is NOT going to change how people behave... its really that simple.

Which makes the few people who do use it not get much out of it. How is something that shows EVERYONE that you are looking for a group for something not very useful?

Well its not useful because um.. no one uses it so no one gets groups... I thought that was pretty explanatory. Of course your argument is useless you know right? Automated LFG is dropping in 1.3... so carrying on this crusade is just a side show... the current LFG is being buried by BW and they are doing a automated one... move on.

Edited by Jaxarale

Then let me elaborate, people don't use it because they are anti-social and lazy. Which makes the few people who do use it not get much out of it. How is something that shows EVERYONE that you are looking for a group for something not very useful? You can be on Tatooine and see that someone on Ilum wants to do a world boss kill on Coruscant.

How is it anti-social to contact people on my friends list and in my guild to see if they're interested in grouping?

How is it lazy to stand on Fleet all night spamming LFG and responding to LFG messages?

People use tools that are useful and ignore tools that are not. Everyone has a hammer and a screwdriver for a reason. Smartphones outsell flip-phones for a reason. The vast majority of people use Facebook over Google+ as their social site for a reason.

If the tool worked well, we'd all be using it.

So when you play sniper you dont use cover either?

Not using the tools the game gives us is not cool nor does it make you better somehow... because you take longer to get to fleet by not using your pass??? Or longer to get back to turn in quest because you dont use QT? You think that is cool? or a status thing to brag about on forums? Its just not smart play is all it is... nothing more.

Sorry bro, I was on planets the entire time I was leveling and trying to get FPs and heroic 4 mans... there is no one on the planets... why would I go to a empty planet to find people???

By the same token we shouldn't be using broadband internet and should be using dial still??? Or we should be using Dell 4100 computers still??? How dare we be coddled by faster internet and better computers!!! Cant you guys do anything for your selfs??? sheeesh!

This is true, unfortunately its a bit to late to start trumpeting this thought... not many use it... in fact so few use it BW has announced they are rolling out a "robust" automated LFG system in 1.3... so while your heart is in the right place, your head is WAY WAY behind the times... how about lets stop talking about using the old LFG system... it does not work for whatever reasons and is being replaced by the game maker... nuff said.

I think I have figured it out... its all about nostalgia isn't it? It just hit me... the repeated calls to use the LFG system in game when its already been thrown out and is being replaced, is happening because of nostalgia.

The chatter about "community" is all about old school Eq1/Vanilla WoW... its based on these people feeling nostalgic. Its like they can not face the fact that LFG tool is happening, communities like there used to be in EQ and early WoW just do not exist and they cant go back to High School and be the cool guy that dated the Cheerleader... so they come here waxing poetic about things that are no longer part of the gaming scene and wrap it in double talk...

Sorry, it took me awhile to understand WHY you guys just wont give up. It makes perfect sense now!

LOL, well said! I too miss some things from back in the 'good old days' but I also love technological advances and innovations as well and have accepted that somethings must pass.

Wrong it's about not changing this genre into a run of the mill crap game. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. If I wanted to play a 4 man action game, I have Marvels: Ultimate Alliance for that

Ummmm, no. We do not want them because they do nothing but destroy the games that they are put in. We enjoy actually playing the game and talking and making friends, not having the game do all of that for us.

Wrong it's about not changing this genre into a run of the mill crap game. It has nothing to do with nostalgia. If I wanted to play a 4 man action game, I have Marvels: Ultimate Alliance for that

How is removing tedium making the game "run of the mill" or "crap"? How does the tedium make the game exciting or fun?

Ummmm, no. We do not want them because they do nothing but destroy the games that they are put in. We enjoy actually playing the game and talking and making friends, not having the game do all of that for us.

...then don't use the tool? Nobody is forcing you to use it, right? They're not going to take away chat channels or friends lists or guilds when they roll it out, are they?

Yes, WoW going from 12 million to 10 million subs really destroyed it. I'm one of those 2 million that left after Cata btw and have no intention of ever returning but I still aknowledge it's the most successful MMO which means at least SOME of the things they did were good.

Yes, WoW going from 12 million to 10 million subs really destroyed it. I'm one of those 2 million that left after Cata btw and have no intention of ever returning but I still aknowledge it's the most successful MMO which means at least SOME of the things they did were good.

Again, take China out of the equation and you have what? 3 maybe 4 million?

Not to mention what other games were out at that time? EQ 2, which ran and still runs like crap. Plus the fact that WoW can run on a toaster, not every goes out and buys a brand new computer to play the next big thing

Edited by Skidrowbro

How is removing tedium making the game "run of the mill" or "crap"? How does the tedium make the game exciting or fun?

The only reason it is tedious is because you and other people are making it so. It took me from early access to April to "complete" my first character because I was doing EVERYTHING. When I got a flashpoint mission, I did it. No wait time, just pop up LFG, ask, and BOOM, group. I did every single heroic on every single planet.

The only thing that made any of this hard is that fact that people are anti-social in a MMO. I would be asking people for a group for a heroic on a planet, then see 2 people run right in there not paying any attention. The problem with this game is its community, and adding a x-server easy party former will do nothing but make the community even worse than it already is.

Again, take China out of the equation and you have what? 3 maybe 4 million?

Less than that actually. Along with the fact that those numbers can EASILY be inflated to make Blizzard and Ativision look cool.