I fail to see the point to Awe

Bugattiboy

Yeah. I fail to see any point to Awe. It's a 6s stun that breaks on damage given an to advanced class that's only role is damage. Why even have it? Either remove the damage break or remove it entirely because in it's current state it's doing nothing.

This is probably the only stun in the game where "damage causes this effect to end prematurely".

Oh, and on top of the already uselessness it has a minute cooldown.

Isn't it to disable the people around the guy you are trying to kill so they can't kill you first.

Also, I can think of 2 classes that have break on damage stuns out of the 3 I have played extensively.

Edited by angryca

Yeah. I fail to see any point to Awe. It's a 6s stun that breaks on damage given an to advanced class that's only role is damage. Why even have it? Either remove the damage break or remove it entirely because in it's current state it's doing nothing.

This is probably the only stun in the game where "damage causes this effect to end prematurely".

Love Awe, aoe stun is awesome in my books.

Huttball when someone is running away and you're all that stands in the way if you use stasis and they break it then you use Awe and sit and wait for 6 seconds. Thats enough time for team mates to arrive and help stop him.

Nova coast aoe stun means heaps of people popping break stuns which gives the opportunity to re stun healers for longer periods of time.

List goes on but its just plain awesome in my books and I use it all the time.

Groupplay: Healer low? Awe all 3 melees on him. He has time to heal back up.

Warzones: Delay. Use it when a respawn wave is otw to interrupt your capper. Gives him those vital seconds.

1vs1: Class is using defensive (or offensive) cooldown. 6sec less duration.

It's a situational but powerful ability.

Hahahaha I have to send Ladis to this post, one sec.

Its a mezz, not a stun. Stuns don't break on damage.

Its useful for many things, running through hordes of mobs, awe them and keep on. Have people following the ballcarrier in huttball, awe them and hope they dont have their cleanse available(also hope you dont have a trigger happy aoe'er on your team).

Some games I played with skill ratings associated with players allowed you look people up by percentile, I sometimes wondered what sort of people played in the bottom 1% of all players worldwide. Maybe they did not have a good understanding of their skills, or bad reflexes, or something.

Then I met someone in real life who was in something like the bottom 0.1%, the surprising thing was he obsessively played the game for hours each day and never got any better than it.

Reading this post kind of reminds me of that.

(snark aside, Awe is an amazing ability. I sometimes wish the developers would put situations in PVE that forced you to use certain skills properly in order to get past it, like a skill-check, so that by the time a player hit 50 they would have learned how to play their class properly. Say for example, a quest where you had to kill an NPC and the only way to do it was to use Awe to protect yourself from his adds while you did so. However, judging by the players I meet in PVP, if that would happen, maybe only 10% of people would hit 50 and the rest would have gotten stuck at level 20 and unsubbed)

A 6s aoe mez has no point? You're doing it wrong sir.

Use awe, kill one guy, have another warrior use another awe (when it ends or if they're using cc break), kill the next and /laugh while you cap the door and they're all groveling on the floor.

Some dude kiting you? Use awe, close in, stack slow / root, /faceroll.

About to cap the voidstar door? Stand near respawn, use awe, /laugh.

Huttball? Jump into other team while match starts, use awe (or twice), have your team take ball and pass it far away from them.

Generally use awe when you feel you can make the guy on the other side pull his hair out of his head (which is often).

Yes, all of this is exaggerated, but it is one of the most awesome cc abilities in this game and one of the most annoying and match winning ones when used with a good premade.