Married or Engaged?

iamthehoyden

Good god the voice....the voice. That's what got me to start with. The romance took so long to start but when it did...anyway I am level 39 now so I have only just started it :p

I had to click the flirt with Balkar just to see Jorgan get flustered when I asked him if he was jealous...haha. Looking forward to the last 10 levels but I kind of don't want the story to end...although my next companion quest for him is lvl 47, which is a while away for me.

I have seen several threads of people saying they don't like him as a companion, maybe because he starts out...a little rough, but honestly, what's not to love!

I've mostly leveled using him, and I will say that his voice and combat comments are still not grating after soooo many levels, which is more than you can say for some of the others (yes, I'm looking at you, Elara!).

Plus, every time he says "I've got your back" I grin, hehe.

That scene with Balkar had me laughing for quite some time. Of course, I'm also the type who talks to her computer characters so I'm sitting there going "Fine! if you won't flirt with me, I'll find someone who will! See how you like it then!!" His reaction was priceless!

I actually really like that he starts out coming off as a jerk, because as you go through you look back and realize why he was so pissed off and that he cares very deeply about the people he's responsible for. (I'm a sucker for responsible stand-up guys.) And it also gives the relationship this really fabulous arc from reluctant allies to respect to friendship to romance. It feels less forced than some of the others.

I will say that I want more conversations!! Didn't feel like nearly enough, but ah well, I still love him! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ever used Aric since the day I got him. I have not had to use any other companion for any other reason unless a class quest has specifically asked me to. I am a healer so I just sit back and let him do the damage. I would kill for an extended storyline with him in the future (Bioware you better be listening). Although I do find it funny if I accidentally click him rather than what I am trying to click and he says to me "There has to be better ways to waste our time, sir." The way he says that makes me laugh - I can't think of many better ways than listening to that voice. Ooooh damn it I am such a fangirl. :D

Considering my first romance in this game was Torian on my BH....well, this romance line and storyline in general just runs rings around the Torian romance. Wish I had rolled the trooper first.

Considering my first romance in this game was Torian on my BH....well, this romance line and storyline in general just runs rings around the Torian romance. Wish I had rolled the trooper first.

Lol, my bh was first too, and Torian....I just couldn't!! He reminds me too much of boys I taught in high school, and I'm not ready to be a cougar! I'm too young!!

I've been leveling my trooper as an assault spec vanguard, so that's been interesting. No heals (and I typically play healers) and no real tank, so I usually let Aric pull and then taunt off him when he gets low. Between the two of us we have a halfway decent tanking system and really nice dps. On rare occasions I have to pull out Elara for an elite, but she goes right back to the ship once we're done. She's a nice enough girl, but she needs to stop telling me to hold still :mad:

Lol, I'm glad someone else appreciates Aric's wonderfulness :D BioWare! I need more Aric content!!

So far I am not too impressed with line ups for my characters. My male Sith warrior would rather force choke/break Vette's neck. My male Bounty Hunter would sooner melt mako down for spare ammo. Kaliyo would have been good for him.

My female Jedi Knight finds Doc too arrogant. She would be partial to Kira if they allowed that thing or even be willing to romance Rusk (who imo is not that inhuman). I haven't gotten my male Consular up to Nadia though from what I heard she sounds promising.

My female trooper is too brutal and cold to go for Aric (she would go for Adronikos or even Lord Scourge). My smuggler enjoys fooling around with Corso but would never settle down with him, again Adronikos would be more her type too. Meanwhile my female Inquisitor is anti male. Have to see what the agent holds in store.

Hmmm.....metal on...metal? Sounds painful. Then again my companion is feline...retractable claws, not even going there. :p

*cough* that actually sounds fun * cough*

so...how would robots go about making babies o_O

*cough* that actually sounds fun * cough*

so...how would robots go about making babies o_O

Buy a DIY droid assembly, of course.

Let's see...

Elara I don't think has married the trooper yet, because she wants Garza to do the ceremony. Mako and the Hunter didn't have a ceremony so much as she hacks your names into public marriage databases and vandalises holonet sights. Vette and the Mandalorians both come from cultures that rely primarily on Oral vows (which is just as well for the Sith Warrior, considering that a Sith Pureblood openly marrying a twi'lek slave would be disastrous).

Well, Corso and my smuggler were married there on her bridge. So I take it as them being married.

Quinn considers himself my Sith's husband since he mentions it in his letters. BTW, my smuggler is their daughter. Quinn damn near had a heart attack at that.

Torian and my bountyhunter are married. He said some dialogue in Mandalorian that are essentially marriage vows. And their daughter is my consular.

Andronikos and my Inquisitor are married. And I loved how blunt he was in asking. She basically says, 'let's go get married RIGHT NOW' and they run off for nookie and marriage.

Vector and my Agent are married. They might not have been able to broadcast it to the galaxy, but there is an option where Vector says something (I can't remember what it was) and she said "You're my husband". (That was an actual dialogue option)

My Jedi Knight is Vector and my Agent's daughter. (I couldn't make a half chiss/half human character. So she's the spitting image of her mommy, but has the same hair color as Vector)

This is in game. In my ACTUAL headcanon, they're ALL sisters (my agent being an adopted sister) and they all have boys. I already have their names and looks picked out...I'm a writer, I can't help myself with detail.

• 3 years later...
OMG, that would make this possibly the longest engagement ever!! Noooooooo!!!!! Eesh, you'd think a guy that waited over 30 levels before putting the moves on his girl would at least move a little quicker once his mind was made up!

Don't feel badly at that Iamthehoyden, My character had waited atleast 15 Levels before he would even broach Marriage with Ashara or she even considered it reality. The Facts of the matter is that say 1 level = 6 months of live Action Roleplaying where any character NPCs especially can get killed by any number of things. So Mako or Ashara or even Darth Lord Zash can have second thoughts......I am sure that Zash would never broach Marriage in the least since she is always after power and bumping off wannabe Dark Lords that step on her toes.....her last plot against Eriknskywalker netted her a oneway trip into the Master Creator's Rakatakan's Soul Box Machine......her screaming "Weeeeeeee Hadddddddd A Dealllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!"

Soooo....my trooper's honey, Aric, popped the question over the weekend. (Lucky girl, he's a great guy and that voice! <swoon>) Are they married or engaged? Cause all the conversations have been had, plans have been made, but as far as I can tell, no ceremonies have happened.

I believe there is a letter in the "Knights of the Old Republic" storyline that confirms that the Trooper and Aric Jorgan did marry. It likely happened because they realized the fighting wasn't going to die down in their lifetime.

Do any of the other sets actually get married all official and stuff?

Vette and the Sith Warrior can be married. The ceremony is off-screen but the marriage is confirmed and they do have a cutscene discussing it before and after the off-screen ceremony as far as I can remember. Doc and the Jedi Knight can be married as well.