Swg > swtor

Yoverion

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWG was the biggest spit in the face to Star Wars since Karen Traviss....

Rebels and Imerials hugging in RP cantinas.

Jedi dueling in front of Darth Vader.

PVP'ers in hot pants (or hawt pnts) and fairy wings screaming in caps "I PWN'D YOU NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, then due to cross faction chat, wich was so great, i got to hear the opposite side tell me how they were going to ra-pe my children.

SOE doing absolutly zero nothing to exposed exploiters if they had multiple accounts, yes i can name names.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, no matter what your rig.

Jedi were the biggest joke in the game and hated / excluded from every single thing.

Player cities / housing littering the scenery of most every planet, because there was 15 cities and thousands of houses on the desert wasteland planet of Tatooine right....right?

ECT,ECT,ECT.

Peeked in every few months for 8 years....no game is supposed to get worse over time.

:ph_good_post:

Peeked in every few months for 8 years....no game is supposed to get worse over time.

Call of Duty & World of Warcraft, but that's beside the point. :jawa_tongue:

SWG had Open World PVP and had the GCW updates that gave the ability to conquer planets for your faction. I would pvp there to help my faction out and take over the galaxy.

TOR has NO Open World PVP, doesnt really have open world anything. You cant change the planets or afffect the outcome of the war. You can play warzones....that is all. I pvp for gear so i can pvp.

SO YES SWG was BETTER.. Those are not really opinions, it is what it is.

Though, TOR had the potential but was not given the right build for awesome pvp, I really like the abilities we have here, the fighting looks cool and SWG was littered with bugs. SWG pvp was good but TOR has alot more flare with its graphics.

I dont see how TOR can ever offer the kind of Open PvP world where you can impact the galaxy, I dont know How it can pull it self out of just a gear grinding mini-game.

I still enjoy Warzones and I dont think TOR is bad, it is fun. I have to agree that SWG just offered more in the way of PVP. I would kill for a Restuss invasion, lag and all.

Edited by kirorx

These threads are all the same, the small population that played SWG comes in, waxes poetically about SWG and it's glory, views it through rose colored glasses, then some other people come in and tell them they are crazy and SWG was horrible. More often than not, the pro SWG crowd seems to be the RPers and people that enjoy sandbox more than theme park.

SWG did have some nice features, but it doesn't hold a candle to most of the successful MMOs ,either currently or from the past. I'd like to see TOR have some sandbox elements endgame to help alleviate some of the boredom, if you aren't leveling an alt,raiding or pvping, but it is far and away superior to SWG.

The link Jarjarloves posted in his reply shows that even one of the lead designers/developers says SWG was mostly crap and all the SWG fans are looking it it through rose colored glasses and not as it was, which was a potentially innovative game with some nice features that got turned into a steaming pile of ugh.

This is LOL. SWG is easily one of the worst MMORPGs of all time next to Fianl Fantasy 11. Meanwhile SWtor is the first MMORPG to actually make me drop WoW for a while (even RIFT) never had that effect on me.

That's because SWG required thought and effort. WoW, Rift, and TOR don't. The problem is that there are just a very large amount of rather stupid people these days. Now don't get me wrong. SWG had many many flaws and problems, but at its core it still offered more to those that were willing to put out the effort to get it.

This is LOL. SWG is easily one of the worst MMORPGs of all time next to Fianl Fantasy 11. Meanwhile SWtor is the first MMORPG to actually make me drop WoW for a while (even RIFT) never had that effect on me.

People with no life love SWG , must be 200k people with no life roaming the basements with nothing but rage and hate for games that allow one to live on !

Edited by mefit

What I do not get is , these people claim to love SWG but are playing TOR while EMU is out . I guess ones love for the game only goes as far as trolling and spamming everywhere else but on that games forums lol.

If there was a MMO I was in love with enough to spam to death everything about it over and over and over and over .................on and on , and it got closed but someone made it possible for me to play ............................I would be there playing and not wasting my time everywhere else .

To me SWG is a means to troll and spam , nothing more . Its not coming back by the publishers who made it , so why keep going when you can play it for free from someone else ? Maybe we are just seeing these people just redo what they did best on SWG forums .......... spam and troll

Edited by mefit

What I do not get is , these people claim to love SWG but are playing TOR while EMU is out . I guess ones love for the game only goes as far as trolling and spamming everywhere else but on that games forums lol.

If there was a MMO I was in love with enough to spam to death everything about it over and over and over and over .................on and on , and it got closed but someone made it possible for me to play ............................I would be there playing and not wasting my time everywhere else .

To me SWG is a means to troll and spam , nothing more . Its not coming back by the publishers who made it , so why keep going when you can play it for free from someone else ? Maybe we are just seeing these people just redo what they did best on SWG forums .......... spam and troll

Its funny how many trolls call other trolls trolls and so on.

Let people play whatever game they want. Its not your place or anyone elses to tell people what is fun and what is not.

Edited by kirorx

Its funny how many trolls call other trolls trolls and so on.

Let people play whatever game they want. Its not your place or anyone elses to tell people what is fun and what is not.

1 . Where do I tell people not to play TOR ? I think around the lines of stop spamming TOR threads and comparing and saying SWG is better and go play your SWG if thats what makes you happy

2. I think there is more than enough SWG spam threads with hundreds of post of SWG fans saying SWG is more fun than TOR ......................where was you input there?

TOR is TOR and never will be SWG , as SWG fans would never wanted SWG to be TOR . EMU is out , doesn't make sense to have all these spam threads when you can go play it , just saying :/

SO YES SWG was BETTER.. Those are not really opinions, it is what it is.

I so like how you say " Who are you to tell whats fun " but you go on to tell us whats better . SWG never reached the amount of Active accounts that TOR had Opening day , Opening Month , This Month ,Last Month , Month before that and The month before that ...................Yea so you were stating a Opinion. it is what it is bud

Edited by mefit

Actually they are both good.

I played SWG and yes there was some good things with SWG.

Crafting professions that was based just on crafting.

Entertainers were nice but the problem with that is a lot of the entertainers were always afk and for some reason you had to get a buff before leveling. Dancing can be fun but I don't think a buff should have to be got before leveling or doing anything.

Combat that depends. I happen to like the combat I have on my consular way more than the ones I had on my jedi there. There are abilities here that are better than SWG had.

Exploring yes it was fun as very very rarely did it require jumping on top of boxes and pipes just to get something.

House/Shop decorating was fun but there is also a drawback considering there were houses/shops of people that stopped playing so that was a problem.

And I have no doubt that some of the people on here are playing the Emu. I guess there are some few who don't know it exists yet, then there are some of us who are playing TOR for other reasons while we wait for the Emu to be completed. Personally, I want to check out the stories that Bioware put into TOR. If you ask me, there is nothing else that makes this game worth playing. But, Bioware write decent stories, so here I am.

When the Emu has been finished, and I have played through the stories I want to, then I'll leave.

Combat was deeper? C'mon. How many usable variations were there if you wanted to be competative in PVP? Fencer/TK and Rifleman/Combat Medic? Anything with a "mind" shot that emphasized stun, so much that battle in the vaunted SWG universe involved 90% of the PVP'ers running around with a stun baton or a Jawa Ion Rifle. Yeah, real deep.

you clearly were clueless about swg game mechanics.....

I so like how you say " Who are you to tell whats fun " but you go on to tell us whats better . SWG never reached the amount of Active accounts that TOR had Opening day , Opening Month , This Month ,Last Month , Month before that and The month before that ...................Yea so you were stating a Opinion. it is what it is bud

don't be a tard, if you want to compare, compare subs vs the total market you goon the mmo market at launch of TOR was HUGE compared to the swg days, so when it comes to %marketshare SWG likely did beat SWTOR hands down....

I was answering the OP's question...

I definitaly enjoy TOR and i think this game is good as well. I dont get the 'highlander" view point so many people have on these forums. There can be more than ONE.

The fact that I made to OP had to do with the fact that there is no open world PVP at this time and so aside from Warzones we just dont have any other pvp. That is not an opinion.

Edited by kirorx

Agreed, SWG pre cu / CU was alot better and I would choose that game 10000 billion times before this :p

It had so much more to offer, guild/city pvp, BHing pvp and alot more...

Emulator is up. Go play that and stop trolling the TOR forums.

Emulator is up. Go play that and stop trolling the TOR forums.

You know, if you could be this insightful in all your posts, well, I'm sure we would have solved the world's problem s by now...

Translation: If you aren't going to add anything constructive to a discussion, what are you doing in here? Go away. If you don't want to talk about SWG, then go find a thread talking about something you would like to join in.

Edit: And actually, the Emulator isn't complete yet.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

You know, if you could be this insightful in all your posts, well, I'm sure we would have solved the world's problem s by now...

Translation: If you aren't going to add anything constructive to a discussion, what are you doing in here? Go away. If you don't want to talk about SWG, then go find a thread talking about something you would like to join in.

Edit: And actually, the Emulator isn't complete yet.

This whole thread is pointless, it only exists so SWG veterans can come here and complain about how unfair the world is because their game was shut down.

As someone that's been listening to and reading it ever since the Combat Upgrade came out, I can honestly say, pretty much no one else cares.

Edited by Aximand

This whole thread is pointless, it only exists so SWG veterans can come here and complain about how unfair the world is because their game was shut down.

As someone that's been listening to and reading it ever since the Combat Upgrade came out, I can honestly say, pretty much no one else cares.

You mean no-one else apart from those SWG fans, right? Yeah, they care. Does that not tell you something about the Pre-CU SWG? The fact that there are people out there who have spent nearly the past 8? 10? years putting together the Emulator. Does that not tell you something about those people who played it?

What about that on these forums, for TOR, one of the more repeating threads that crops up is about SWG, and who played on what server? Sharing the memories they made, remembering old friends they thought they had forgotten, and indeed, sometimes, bumping into those friends.

For a game that was so bug-ridden, how is it possible that it has such a loyal fan base? Rose tinted glasses aside, or whatever you want to call it, that loyalty had to start somewhere.

We know that only SWG fans will care about the day SWG died, much the same way I really couldn't care less about the ME3 finale screw up. The ME games were good, but not that good. This is why I don't bother posting in any threads about Mass Effect. I don't care enough about the game to give a damn, therefore I'll not bother posting. I just wish others felt the same way about games they didn't care about.

So, in these threads where us old SWG fans come to discuss the various aspects of the game, and how they compare to TOR (as the only other Star Wars MMO out there), why, oh, why, are there always people who don't care about SWG coming in here and whining that our game is gone? We know that it is gone, until the Emulator is finished, of course. We don't need to be reminded, and we don't need to be constantly told to 'get over it'. We don't care that you don't care. We just wish that if you truly didn't care, you would leave us alone to discuss our game in peace.

But then, that is something that modern MMO players, who never got to see what the real SWG was like, would never get. Most MMOs these days have only a very minimalistic community to them, so most people who play them probably don't realise that in a game like SWG, where everything depends on other players, you actually get a very good community spirit. This is the main reason why we keep coming back to SWG, why we have such good memories from playing SWG, and why after so many years, we still remember people we played with.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

I would say referring to swtor as "wowclone" is inspired by the fact this game looks the same, mechanics are quasi identical, concepts are quasi identical......SO I think it's eright on the money calling it a wowclone (I do)......I do like the sci-fi theme more than fantasy so no complaining....

And yes, SWG pre-curb was superior in many many ways and sadly enough will never be equalled.....when swtor is nothing but a distant memory in six months, I'll STILL be playing around on swgemu

well if you want to put it like that, then I guess wow is a clone of Diablo 2. So its a Diablo 2 clone. Considering the questing, skill trees, and style of gamplay are very similar.

well if you want to put it like that, then I guess wow is a clone of Diablo 2. So its a Diablo 2 clone. Considering the questing, skill trees, and style of gamplay are very similar.

Might I suggest going and taking another look at Diablo 2. The gameplay was nothing like WoW's.