SWTOR PvP & Recruit Gear

LoLexe

I have been playing PvP all through the levelling experience, from 10 - 49 and quite enjoyed the experience, because as we all know this game is meant to be fun.....right? Every now and again I would run into premades and the PUG I was in would get absolutely steamrolled. That's not a big deal, as my thinking is the players who are organised should have the advantage. Also obviously because of the bolster system, gear isn't that big of a deal, as everyones stats are bolstered to level 49. I have just recently hit 50 and thought I would do the right thing and fork out the 300k+ credits for all the recruit gear so I would at least have a chance in level 50 PvP, unfortunately the recruit gear and level 50 PvP is a bit of a joke, especially when you are going against either full premades who are gridning out the new War Hero gear or players in full Battlemaster with 20k+ hitpoints, where as me and my little Jedi Guardian with full recruit gear and one War Hero Implant has about 13k hitpoints and around 800 expertise, I played about 15 WZ's and in each one, the opposition would single me out and stomp me into the ground, its not fun getting focused by 2 - 3 geared players where all they have to do to defeat you in is breathe on you.

I don't know how to fix the system, or if when ranked warzones get implimented this will solve a lot of the problems of new players entering the lvl 50 PvP bracket, but in all honesty how the hell is someone suppose to play and enjoy the game while get 2 shotted, respawning and then getting 2 shotted again, its just not fun and all the while you end up with no medals or very few medals, so to even gear up to battlemaster will be a constant cycle of respawning and dying.

there's a difference between getting 2 shot and getting focus fired. Focus fire can and will always kill you with the current nerfs to heals unless you have some heavy defensive CD's or a good combat stealth

Dying a lot in pvp is indeed unheard of...

Anyway - thanks for buying the gear a lot of new 50s don't even do that and then QQ about it.

Lvl 50 pvp is a played at a totally different pace than 10-49. The sub 50 is maybe 50% the speed of lvl 50 pvp .

And battlemaster gear is easy to get these days even if you are losing a lot you can still get really fast.

Que with a group of guildmates get on a voice comm and play - even when you lose it's still fun to play together, right?

Dying a lot in pvp is indeed unheard of...

Anyway - thanks for buying the gear a lot of new 50s don't even do that and then QQ about it.

Lvl 50 pvp is a played at a totally different pace than 10-49. The sub 50 is maybe 50% the speed of lvl 50 pvp .

And battlemaster gear is easy to get these days even if you are losing a lot you can still get really fast.

Que with a group of guildmates get on a voice comm and play - even when you lose it's still fun to play together, right?

Yeah the level of BS in this post is astronomical. LOL.

The game isn't faster dude. It's the SAME DAM SPEED. It's the same skills and abilities we had at 40+ for the most part. The difference is lower geared people just cant do enough damage to threaten anyone with higher gear. The damage you do is laughable.

Are there better players at 50? Maybe, but I doubt it. Lots of people have 10 alts in this game, its not like all the good players just play their level 50 toons all the time. Its just BW and their cheap artificial mechanic so they can have their gear grind as a cloak to having a piss poor pvp end game.

This game is the same thing as Rift. If you have gear you destroy, if you don't your cannon fodder.

Not really. If you get steamrolled because your group is undermanned (also some leave after start) and undergeared

you can end up with 0-1 medals and very few commendations. Based on my experience as a new 50 on repub side, BM-gear is going to take quite some time.

unfortunately the recruit gear and level 50 PvP is a bit of a joke, especially when you are going against either full premades who are gridning out the new War Hero gear or players in full Battlemaster with 20k+ hitpoints, where as me and my little Jedi Guardian with full recruit gear and one War Hero Implant has about 13k hitpoints and around 800 expertise,

Can you please explain me which class have 20k hp in BM gear? Because, you know, I wear full BM+WH earpiece on my marauder (and my 2 sabers + legs, torso and head are crit crafted oranges with purple augments) and I have something around 16,5k hp after BH buff. 20k hp is eitther full tank gear or PVE gear.

To make this even more interesting, in full recruit + BM pieces from saved comms you can easily have between 900-1000 exp (closer to 1000 if you really pvped a lot in 10-49 bracket). Full BM is 1200. Not a big difference. If you "cant even damage a BM geared guy" it means your target is healed and you try to kill him instead mark and focus the healer or he just popped some nice defensive CD. Somehow I was able to contribute and kill people when I hit lev 50 3 weeks ago, now I am in full BM and to be honest I dont feel so much difference. Sure, I can 3-shot someone in lev 40 blues instead of 4 shot him but seriously, what difference is that?;)

Edited by Kaarsa

Yeah the level of BS in this post is astronomical. LOL.

The game isn't faster dude. It's the SAME DAM SPEED. It's the same skills and abilities we had at 40+ for the most part. The difference is lower geared people just cant do enough damage to threaten anyone with higher gear. The damage you do is laughable.

Are there better players at 50? Maybe, but I doubt it. Lots of people have 10 alts in this game, its not like all the good players just play their level 50 toons all the time. Its just BW and their cheap artificial mechanic so they can have their gear grind as a cloak to having a piss poor pvp end game.

This game is the same thing as Rift. If you have gear you destroy, if you don't your cannon fodder.

Your clearly don't understand what I mean by a " faster pace" of combat.

Edited by Dacer

Not really. If you get steamrolled because your group is undermanned (also some leave after start) and undergeared

you can end up with 0-1 medals and very few commendations. Based on my experience as a new 50 on repub side, BM-gear is going to take quite some time.

Then be helpful and gaurd objectives just standing at a turret in civil or a console in NC can get you like 6 medals.

Then be helpful and gaurd objectives just standing at a turret in civil or a console in NC can get you like 6 medals.

But then we don't get to cap the second turret, and as long as a teammate is trying to do that I'm not going to let him be alone.

I only farm for medals if my team does.

But then we don't get to cap the second turret, and as long as a teammate is trying to do that I'm not going to let him be alone.

I only farm for medals if my team does.

If you are "undermaned", "undergeared" and getting "steamrolled", "unable to get medals" then about what capping second tower are you talking? Make up your mind, either you are crushed by dominating opponents and hav eno chance to win (and then you grab 1 turret and get your medals to gear up eventualy and improve your chances in the future), or you actualy have some chances of winning (and this make your previous post obsolete).

This is a gear based MMO, the better gear people get the faster you will die in entry level PvP gear.

In a mix of Battlemaster and Warhero as a Sorcerer I tank people!

If I tried that against some one in same gear I would die in seconds.

Just keep playing, everyone went through this, in some form or another. As you slowly gear up, you see improvements and you survive more n more fights. Then one day you'll be the guy that focus's that fresh 50 in the warzone and remember the good ole days.

If you are "undermaned", "undergeared" and getting "steamrolled", "unable to get medals" then about what capping second tower are you talking?

You're right, but I go into a WZ with team spirit. If my team (no matter the odds or how many are left) decides to keep fighting instead of just farming, I do the same. We are republic after all. You just don't quit on teammates or objectives (we leave that to the imp scum or those who should have rolled empire :D ).

In some cases that means that we get steamrolled and with few or none commendations. I'm just pointing out that gear progression can take quite the time when you play for objectives on repub side.

You are one strange guardian to have only 13K hitpoints. When I reached 50, I had 13K hitpoints, and my main is a Sage.

I once saw a guardian lass on level 49, and then in three days I saw her by my War Hero's side already with 1000 expertise with more than 16K HP, in full recruit and a bunch of battlemaster gear. Seems like everything comes from personal approach of doing things. Do you want to be a liability to your group, or should you just get over it, farm a few days like mad and reach that medium most people are at? Your call.

Edited by Shadenuat

my little Jedi Guardian with full recruit gear and one War Hero Implant has about 13k hitpoints and around 800 expertise.

I just hit 50 on my Guardian, I have a BM mainhand weapon and the rest of my gear is recruit. I have close to 14k hp, and 927 expertise. My BM weapon is only 31 expertise more than the recruit one, but you have a WH implant so you should be similar to what I have. You are missing something if you don't have at least 900. And, my WH/BM geared commando has 16.6k hp so its not as big a difference like everyone else has said. 20k would be a tank, better off just attacking someone else imo.

atleast they could have edited the champion gear to get more expertise cause as im not such a heavy pvper i only could get that one

now im forced to buy the recruit **** to even have a chance and start all over again at pvp

which is allready hard enought as an operative after all the role destroying nerfs and no buffs

my little Jedi Guardian with full recruit gear and one War Hero Implant has about 13k hitpoints and around 800 expertise

I have noticed it now (after guy above me quoted this) - you have recruit and WH implant????? You got 1450 ranked WZ comms and 200 normal comms and that is all? You converted 4,5k comms into WZ ones without saving 2k and buing anywhere between 2-4 pieces of BM gear (not even mentioning fact that WH implant=BM main weapon, and guess which one is a better increase in your effectivness). Long story short, you gimped yourself and now you complain in pvp forum. How classic.

I have noticed it now (after guy above me quoted this) - you have recruit and WH implant????? You got 1450 ranked WZ comms and 200 normal comms and that is all? You converted 4,5k comms into WZ ones without saving 2k and buing anywhere between 2-4 pieces of BM gear (not even mentioning fact that WH implant=BM main weapon, and guess which one is a better increase in your effectivness). Long story short, you gimped yourself and now you complain in pvp forum. How classic.

sad, but true.