2 questions about buying War Hero gear

Obmel

In order to buy the non-rated War Hero gear, I have to pay ranked WZ comms and my Battlemaster piece. My questions are:

1) Does the Battlemaster piece I trade in have to have the armor, mod, and enhancement in it, or cn I take them out and just trade in the shell?

2) Does the Battlemaster piece I trade in have to have the original armor, mod, and enhancement in it?

Anyone that has done this, please let me know. Thanks.

In order to buy the non-rated War Hero gear, I have to pay ranked WZ comms and my Battlemaster piece. My questions are:

1) Does the Battlemaster piece I trade in have to have the armor, mod, and enhancement in it, or cn I take them out and just trade in the shell?

2) Does the Battlemaster piece I trade in have to have the original armor, mod, and enhancement in it?

I traded in a shell of a BM chest for a War-hero one yesterday, as for the second question, I'm not sure.

It doesn't have to have the original mods in it either. If you have the item in the vault from pre 1.2 remodded you can trade that. The only restriction is that it has to be the same item ex battlemaster enforcers jacket for WH enforcer jacket. Can not trade Enforcer for Medic or Tech

The only restriction is that it has to be the same item ex battlemaster enforcers jacket for WH enforcer jacket. Can not trade Enforcer for Medic or Tech

Can anyone explain to me why this is the case? What is the reasoning behind this decision? I have almost full combat medic battlemaster gear. I'm not terribly impressed with the changes to combat medics post-1.2 and was thinking of going back to pure DPS. In order to get the eliminator (DPS) war hero gear, I have to start all over and get eliminator battlemaster gear? ***? Free weekly re-specs are awesome, but what good are they now for endgame?

Can anyone explain to me why this is the case? What is the reasoning behind this decision? I have almost full combat medic battlemaster gear. I'm not terribly impressed with the changes to combat medics post-1.2 and was thinking of going back to pure DPS. In order to get the eliminator (DPS) war hero gear, I have to start all over and get eliminator battlemaster gear? ***? Free weekly re-specs are awesome, but what good are they now for endgame?

Grind, grind, grind, and then when you are finished with that, grind some more.

Keep doing it because rateds are coming "soon". Please don't quit.

It requires the base shell so you can take out the mods.

Nope.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Can you trade an orange crafted piece for the war hero piece? if so that might be an easier work around to get armor of different specs than grinding out a full set of the desired spec. Edited by jessepgrant

As a casual player (i.e., when not at work or with family), it's taken a LONG time to get as far with the battlemaster gear as I have. Regrinding battlemaster gear really isn't an option for me. I don't have an account with numerous lvl 50 alts. I have a single lvl 50 with no alts even close. I'm okay with sticking with my trooper selection (even though profession flexibility isn't a new concept, cough cough SWG cough), but now I'm effectively limited in my very narrow skill tree as well?

I would repeat my "What The Fahrvergnügen" from above but apparently the acronym is considered too obscene for the forum. Sad times when an acronym designed to convey a message, despite obscenity filters, is itself deemed obscene.

This is my biggest problem, When I decide my spec or roll has been changed in such that I"d like to try something else, I have to completely re-gear, and as things get farther along that seems to be getting harder and harder. What happens next time they release a new set? Do we have to get BM->WH->new set? Just find this to be very annoying I can't just directly purchase one set or the other without having to grind the previous set out first when I really have no use or need of it. Plus it really stinks for characters who have companions who wear the same gear. In the old system whenever I geared from Cent to Champ I could give the Cent gear to my companion, and likewise for Champ to BM. Its incredible how much more grinding was added to this game in one patch.

Quite honestly the WH gear should have never been added to the game unless the Rated Warzones were added along with it. I think it was done to appease the already full BM pvpers who weren't getting their rateds but I think its mostly just put the top gear even that much more out of reach for people who can't sit and play the game all the time. I currently keep going back and starting new alts because I feel like I'm getting nowhere in the gear grind on either of my 50's.

Really the big thing about the WH gear is the augment slots....

The grind for WH isn't too bad. If you do the minimum amount of games a day and get your daily you can get one piece a week.

I work full time and on weekdays I can maybe get 5 matches in before everyone has to leave and I still have been able to get 3 armor pieces and 1 earring since patch launch and should have the boots this week.

The dudes that hit the grind HARD have almost full sets. I'm talking 300+ wins (I'm @ 130 or 140).

Edited by ComeAndSee

The grind for WH isn't too bad. If you do the minimum amount of games a day and get your daily you can get one piece a week.

I work full time and on weekdays I can maybe get 5 matches in before everyone has to leave and I still have been able to get 3 armor pieces and 1 earring and should have the boots this week.

The dudes that hit the grind HARD have almost full sets. I'm talking 300+ wins (I'm @ 130 or 140).

On good days that's doable, but on other days even getting 1 win could take all night. I'm just getting a really bad feeling about the direction of gearing for pvp in this game :( I REALLY want to play this game, its just making me more and more frustrated ever since 1.2 hit.

On good days that's doable, but on other days even getting 1 win could take all night. I'm just getting a really bad feeling about the direction of gearing for pvp in this game :( I REALLY want to play this game, its just making me more and more frustrated ever since 1.2 hit.

The gearing is what people asked for though. The bag system was just bad and too RNG based and made people stop playing past their daily because that's all you could get.

Oh yeah, we are sorry to inform you your current WH gear you patiently ground out will now be down graded as we are releasing "Super hero gear". This "Super hero" gear can be bough using "Super hero" comms. You may exchange your Ranked WZ comms in at 25 - 1 ratio. Thank you for your patience. Long live the Empire!!!

I work full time and on weekdays I can maybe get 5 matches in before everyone has to leave and I still have been able to get 3 armor pieces and 1 earring since patch launch and should have the boots this week.

Doable, perhaps. The norm, not so much. I have time to play 5 matches a night depending on Que times. Usually I face the same side premades every damn time. On my server the daily is actually a weekly. Yes, getting 1 win a night is rare unless I get lucky and I don't have to face the same 8 people over and over.

In other words, some servers are just screwed and grinding out the WH gear becomes mission impossible.

Oh yeah, we are sorry to inform you your current WH gear you patiently ground out will now be down graded as we are releasing "Super hero gear". This "Super hero" gear can be bough using "Super hero" comms. You may exchange your Ranked WZ comms in at 25 - 1 ratio. Thank you for your patience. Long live the Empire!!!

Nooooooooooooooooo!

The gearing is what people asked for though. The bag system was just bad and too RNG based and made people stop playing past their daily because that's all you could get.

Don't get me wrong, I hated the bags and thought I REALLY liked the new gearing system, but when they removed the real way to get ranked comms and we now farm them in daily/weekly quests rather than playing ranked warzones for them, and when they added the gear trade in to purchase, it got sour quickly. I thought it was a good change, now that I've had a few weeks in it I don't like it so much anymore. They added a tier of gear without adding the tier of content, but then made it even harder to change specs or get off sets because you have to get the base set first and then upgrade. Honest question cause I don't PVE so I don't know, but did they make it so you have to give the Ops Boss your Rakata Chest piece to get the new Campaign one?

Edited by Yamirashi

The grind for WH isn't too bad.

If that was the only grind I was talking about I agree. I'm talking about having to regrind (don't let the term "regrind" fool you as I haven't even finished my first battle master grind) battle master, and THEN grind war hero.

Am I reading this correctly: The tier trade-in system was the compromise for eliminating the bags?

I'm curious about the justification for requiring a trade-in. I don't know MMORPG mechanics well enough to come up with a good reason for this particular requirement.

The only restriction is that it has to be the same item ex battlemaster enforcers jacket for WH enforcer jacket. Can not trade Enforcer for Medic or Tech

Are you sure? I don't think this is correct. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

Am I reading this correctly: The tier trade-in system was the compromise for eliminating the bags?

I'm curious about the justification for requiring a trade-in. I don't know MMORPG mechanics well enough to come up with a good reason for this particular requirement.

I don't understand what people's gripe about the trade in is. What were you going to use it for after you got the better stuff? Did you intend to skip the middle tier (if so, you're dumb...)?

Who cares?

And being able to actually play for comms instead of daily bm bag nonsense is a billion times better. If I can play 14 hours on saturday, and some other guy can play 2 per day, I was getting 1 bm bag a week and he was getting 8. Now I can play when I like.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Are you sure? I don't think this is correct. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

I have found that to be true 90% of the time.

There are a few pieces that don't discriminate on the set you are trading in... for whatever reason. I have not figured out the science to it yet.

But, I do know for my mainhand and off-hand both, I had to rebuy the battlemaster verison to get the WH piece that I wanted. However, for the chestpiece, I did not.