Bioware Ruined The Commando DPS Class.

Tiaa

It APPEARS that this class has become a waste of space in Warzones. Especially when going against a bunch of characters with sheilds and heals, commandos have become highly less effective.

I was in a game with three other commandos. And they all were pissed.

And it's very easy to tell if you have another class that ISN'T a commando. Commandos die too fast and it isn't fun.

Now we have to deal with classes with high output DPS, mobility, stealth, gap closers, INSTANT control skills(interrupts) and too many defensive cooldowns with uneffective tools.

Not only does this class have little to no mobility, Bioware nerfed them in 1.2. Nerfing their DPS output and defense.

Bioware claimed they were "house cleaning" to encourage Commandos to use a different rotation in patch 1.2.

When in fact, they did nothing of the sort. It is still the same rotation, you just take longer to cast it now making you less effective. Healers healing commandos are usually wasting their energy unless it's cross healing.

This isn't house cleaning and this sure isn't "balance". This is not properly testing MASS changes.

I consider myself pretty good on my commando and I did not have this problem before 1.2. The excuse for a commando nerf was "Oh if Commandos are left alone they do tons of damage!". No. They don't. Not when almost every person is playing marauders or some type of healing warzone troll class.

And before 1.2 Commandos BARELY were "left alone" if ever. Usually always the first to be attacked.

Sure, I probably didn't kill everyone but I also wasn't DYING instantly like I am now and was able to do SOME type of damage before I would get killed.

Now, commandos that join Warzones continuously get focused fired and are one of the MAIN classes that gets killed in five seconds. And that's with BattleMaster gear on.

Unless a commando (not sure about healing commandos) is in a very good premade, I feel that at the moment the Commando class is NOT WORTH playing in PvP. I don't expect to be god mode in PvP but I sure don't think I should be dying that fast.

It's been nerfed to the point where you are only giving the opposing team an advantage by playing one.

So for now the Battlemaster gear I have is a complete waste of time and only good for farming dailies.

Edited by Tiaa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basicly another nerf mara/sent thread?

No. It's a "Fix commandos" thread.

Edit: Also, usually "nerfs" are too late.

By the time they are nerfed, it's too late.

Just like Ilum. Just like 1-50 Warzones. Etc

Edited by Tiaa

All anyone has to do is look at commando/merc forums to know bioware broke the class. Id love to know how many active mercs/commandos there are pre and post 1.2. There are 1/6th as many in my observations. When more than half the class rerolls or unsubscribes you know you messed up. It cost our server a ton of healers and really unbalanced pvp groups in general.

It APPEARS that this class has become a waste of space in Warzones. Especially when going against a bunch of characters with sheilds and heals, commandos have become highly less effective.

I was in a game with three other commandos. And they all were pissed.

And it's very easy to tell if you have another class that ISN'T a commando. Commandos die too fast and it isn't fun.

Now we have to deal with classes with high output DPS, mobility, stealth, gap closers, INSTANT control skills(interrupts) and too many defensive cooldowns with uneffective tools.

Not only does this class have little to no mobility, Bioware nerfed them in 1.2. Nerfing their DPS output and defense.

Bioware claimed they were "house cleaning" to encourage Commandos to use a different rotation in patch 1.2.

When in fact, they did nothing of the sort. It is still the same rotation, you just take longer to cast it now making you less effective. Healers healing commandos are usually wasting their energy unless it's cross healing.

This isn't house cleaning and this sure isn't "balance". This is not properly testing MASS changes.

I consider myself pretty good on my commando and I did not have this problem before 1.2. The excuse for a commando nerf was "Oh if Commandos are left alone they do tons of damage!". No. They don't. Not when almost every person is playing marauders or some type of healing warzone troll class.

And before 1.2 Commandos BARELY were "left alone" if ever. Usually always the first to be attacked.

Sure, I probably didn't kill everyone but I also wasn't DYING instantly like I am now and was able to do SOME type of damage before I would get killed.

Now, commandos that join Warzones continuously get focused fired and are one of the MAIN classes that gets killed in five seconds. And that's with BattleMaster gear on.

Unless a commando (not sure about healing commandos) is in a very good premade, I feel that at the moment the Commando class is NOT WORTH playing in PvP. I don't expect to be god mode in PvP but I sure don't

It's been nerfed to the point where you are only giving the opposing team an advantage by playing one.

So for now the Battlemaster gear I have is a complete waste of time and only good for farming dailies.

Basicly another nerf mara/sent thread?

If you played merc/commando you would know nerfing marauders would still make us the worst class in the game. Bioware needs to fix us. As in full tree overhauls to all three trees. Pyro needs work, arsenal is garbage and so is the healing tree.

Everyone is dying a lot faster now. The kill time was decreased. I have seen players of every class wasted in seconds since 1.2 was released. It isn't just Commandos. I have been wasted quickly by commandos and watched them get wasted just as quickly. They are not as "wasteful" as you claim.

Everyone is dying a lot faster now. The kill time was decreased. I have seen players of every class wasted in seconds since 1.2 was released. It isn't just Commandos. I have been wasted quickly by commandos and watched them get wasted just as quickly. They are not as "wasteful" as you claim.

I have never, EVER died that fast on my Guardian. I can at least put up a fight.

I actually feel like I am providing more support to my team on my Guardian than on my Trooper.

Commandos are getting killed so fast I barely have any time to react to it. I ALSO have Biochem which barely helps. Not being able to attack or barely get an attack off. What other class does that happen to?

It's complete fib to even suggest "every" class dies this way.

Especially classes that have higher mobility and instant heals.

Commandos and Mercenaries are amazing. The problem is you, not the class.

Oh, and OF COURSE people attack a high-damage ranged caster class. What did you expect? It's the job of tanks to defend you and your job to learn to defend yourself.

Commando/Merc are not broken. Its just now all those players that just monkey spammed people to death now have to use a rotation. Players were never meant to be able to do this so Bioware made the changes. Sadly when you have a CC fest monkey spam combat system players are going to do what they can to spam as much as they can to win. The problem is many of the players got addicted to just having to spam and now they dont like it because they have to actually use a rotation.

Besides all that both Comm/Merc can spec AS/Pyro that gives them mobility. This still requires a rotation, but they dont have to stand in one spot. As for as them dieing fast, well I know lots of players that are focus firing them because of all the times they have been monkey spammed to death by them in the past. You could say what goes around comes around.

Dont get me wrong, I have no love for the people running PvP and combat. World PvP is a blunder and even if they do ever get it rolling most players are just going to lag out when their is 20+ players around because of the poor job making the game with the current engine. Too much is rendered client side and this is alos why we see all the hacks in game. I also dont care the for crap resolve system. Every ability should have a cooldown based on its strength. There should be a immunity to each CC set (stuns, snares/roots, mezzes, knockbacks) for so many seconds before another of that set can be used on that player again. Of course this calls for a revamp of the combat system we have atm, but it would be worth it.

Edited by Yahto

To be honest I would kick a commando from my 8 man premade for any other class, with equal skill and gear in consideration.

Might keep you over a dps scoundrel though.

No honestly. I don't blame you.

I'm not even going to bother with commandos PvP wise.

BIoware did nothing to the class. Yeah they changed a few things, but overall, everything is the same. My merc has no problems doing anything I did before 1.2. If you were shooting off more than 3 tm's, you were doing it wrong in the first place.

Commando/Merc are not broken. Its just now all those players that just monkey spammed people to death now have to use a rotation. Players were never meant to be able to do this so Bioware made the changes. Sadly when you have a CC fest monkey spam combat system players are going to do what they can to spam as much as they can to win. The problem is many of the players got addicted to just having to spam and now they dont like it because they have to actually use a rotation.

There is no new "rotation" as I said in the original post. It's the same EXACT rotation. It just takes longer.

Bioware did NOTHING to change it. All they did was NERF it.

And why would ANYONE use a different rotation that is less effective than the one we have now? Especially when the high output skills we have now do little to nothing before we die?

Why use Charged Bolts for example other than a back up from being silenced on Grav Round?

Bioware changed nothing and gave no one a reason to use a different rotation.

PERIOD.

Commandos and Mercenaries are amazing. The problem is you, not the class.

Oh, and OF COURSE people attack a high-damage ranged caster class. What did you expect? It's the job of tanks to defend you and your job to learn to defend yourself.

Did you not read or understand the post?

Commandos are going to DEFEND themselves with one sheild, one stun and one knockback against every other class with higher and FASTER DPS output, defensive sheilds, interrupts, gap closers , heals, stealth ETC?

The problem is your logic.

And if you don't even play a commando I highly doubt you even have a clue about this.

Edited by Tiaa

BIoware did nothing to the class. Yeah they changed a few things, but overall, everything is the same. My merc has no problems doing anything I did before 1.2. If you were shooting off more than 3 tm's, you were doing it wrong in the first place.

Why would you need to use more than 3 TMs on the same target to begin with unless the defense debuff ran out?

Come on now.

Do you think I just started my trooper today?

I can only agree with OP.

I dont have a commando, its not my style.

But my playing buddy has.

We do dailys, pvp, fps ect ect together sense 1.0.1

And i can clearly feel, that im doing most of the work, and his doing almost no dmg, and his health plummets in no time.

They need a buff!

And yes, im aware that merc also will get a buff.

Its fine by my, they go down SO quick now, its not even fun doing a 1on1.

Edited by DecanAndersen

I am a sniper, and compared to you i put effort in my kills. Grav round is noob skill that ignores any defenses and shields. You are sitting comfortable in heavy armor and spam grav round grav round demolition round railshot full auto. If you were assault, i would understand, but you are playing easy mode no skill. Edited by NoTomorrow

I am a sniper, and compared to you i put effort in my kills. Grav round is noob skill that ignores any defenses and shields

Explain what's so skilled about a sniper rotation.

I'd love to hear it. Spamming ambush?

Edited by Tiaa

Sniper skills, most of mm tree are ranged kinetic, which means they are subject to hit rolls vs defense, they can be shielded, absorbed and then damage mitigated. Heavy armors like you are forcing us to spec into lethality and become one of the squishiest classses in game. May be you should roll a sniper in premade pvp vs commandos to understand what i am talking about. No sniper ability has so many extra features attached to it like grav round. Have fun being ignorant. Edited by NoTomorrow

Sniper skills, most of mm tree are ranged kinetic, which means they are subject to hit rolls vs defense, they can be shielded, absorbed and then damage mitigated. Heavy armors like you are forcing us to spec into lethality and become one of the squishiest classses in game. May be you should roll a sniper in premade pvp vs commandos to understand what i am talking about. No sniper ability has so many extra features attached to it like grav round. Have fun being ignorant.

Maybe you should go for that tree, cause i dont come after you until i have seen your bulls eye on me, at least 2 times :p

And i know a lot of melee classes doesnt do that, cause of your damn shield blocking our leap.

So we have to RUN over to you, baaah :rolleyes:

I gotta get out of here, i have no business in this thread ;)

Edited by DecanAndersen

Sniper skills, most of mm tree are ranged kinetic, which means they are subject to hit rolls vs defense, they can be shielded, absorbed and then damage mitigated. Heavy armors like you are forcing us to spec into lethality and become one of the squishiest classses in game. May be you should roll a sniper in premade pvp vs commandos to understand what i am talking about. No sniper ability has so many extra features attached to it like grav round. Have fun being ignorant.

I am sorry man but sniper is not some idiot savant class the roation is just as primitive as any other class. Grats you have to go though a shield chance I will give you that but its not like you have completely helpless as a sniper. Cover mechanic > Heavy armor any day of the week as marksman. If you think it doesn't then clearly you are not exploiting the amazing buffs ONE skill gives to you. Oh wait I thought snipers didn't have an ability that gave so many extra features?

Maybe you should go for that tree, cause i dont come after you until i have seen your bulls eye on me, at least 2 times :p

And i know a lot of melee classes doesnt do that, cause of your damn shield blocking our leap.

So we have to RUN over to you, baaah :rolleyes:

Lies. You can unlock a skill that allows you to leap to us. How that is called? Obliterate?

Shatter shot does not do the damage that grav round does.

Edited by NoTomorrow