How to destroy Mar/Sents.

Rmog

You can't kite an Anh Mara.

/thread

You can't kite any competent player in this game. Keeping distance from a person who isn;t actually trying to close on you isn;t really kiting. They are practically letting you stay away. That's more a factor of their own action (or inaction), not your ability to kite. Kiting does not exist in SWTOR past low level warriors who don't have any CC or snare/roots of their own.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are so full of it.

I'd give 5 million credits to anyone who can successfully kite me, other than a sniper.

We have just as many anti-kiting tools as you have kiting tools. The only class that can negate this, as I said, are snipers, because we can't leap to them.

Leap

15% permanent movement speed increase

Spammable snare at no focus cost

Stealth which breaks roots and increases movement speed

80% speed increase through transcendence

Master strike which roots

Crippling throw which roots

Force stasis

CC breaker

Awe with no focus cost

Yeah, you aren't kiting me liars.

Just because you speccd into the extra snares doesn't mean the majority has.

OK so let me get this straight really fast

Sent vs shadow = win

sent vs sage = win

sent vs commando = win

sent vs vanguard = win

sent vs guardian = win

sent vs smuggler = win

sent vs sniper = might lose.

your right looks pretty balanced to me.

Actually, it's:

sent vs sniper = might lost on a specific map where levels give them an incredible advantage against melee if they stay in cover the entire time because if they leave cover for a split second they will be jumped on

but if they are on the other maps it's:

sent vs sniper = win

Sorry but when was there skill in this game?

No class is hard to play, they are all very generic and mundane.

Yes there are some great skillful team mechanics to pull off, but individual skill in swtor im sorry to say is really lacking. Classes are just too generic. Im sure in time as abilities are added it will add some "flare" to classes. But the current state of the game just doesnt scream "he was too skilled for me". IMHO of course.

has never played operative

You people are so full of it.

I'd give 5 million credits to anyone who can successfully kite me, other than a sniper.

We have just as many anti-kiting tools as you have kiting tools. The only class that can negate this, as I said, are snipers, because we can't leap to them.

Leap

15% permanent movement speed increase

Spammable snare at no focus cost

Stealth which breaks roots and increases movement speed

80% speed increase through transcendence

Master strike which roots

Crippling throw which roots

Force stasis

CC breaker

Awe with no focus cost

Yeah, you aren't kiting me liars.

Combat spec, not really the spec most sents play. You will be harder to kite but will do inferior damage to other sents.

You could cut the damage by 90% to this spec and the average population wouldn't know because hardly any play it.

Edited by HurricaneXXIV

vs commando = healer: win if they dont call for help, dps: 50/50, ignorant player = win

though i am talking about skilled, and equil geared, players. With your history of whining, forum nerf calls, and etc...id place you in the ignorant player category which is almost always a win.

Rofl, you're bad.

You can't kite any competent player in this game. Keeping distance from a person who isn;t actually trying to close on you isn;t really kiting. They are practically letting you stay away. That's more a factor of their own action (or inaction), not your ability to kite. Kiting does not exist in SWTOR past low level warriors who don't have any CC or snare/roots of their own.

I kite marauders on my sniper all the time. The key is that marauders cannot leap while rooted, and snipers have a 15 or 12 second leg shot, cover pulse, and knockback on ambush (if specced). Also, the melee range stun debilitate can be talented to make the sniper run 30% faster. Engineering also gets a 2 second stun, and both engineering and lethality get a 30% ranged snare.

You have to be able to match a marauder cooldown for cooldown and not fill up their resolve bar. The main thing is that to get the kill you're going to take a few hits (due to their vanish), but you're going to still win handily.

I like you. You get it.

I don't understand why everyone is Watchman/Annihilation with Combat/Carnage is just soooo much better for pvp.

Why? Because PvP is not a one on one game,

Here are facts : Watchman has best dps 1vs1 and so is liked by player with team that concentrate on other thing or for solo queue players. Zen will heal the group (at the cost of no trancendence)

Combat has the best antikitting for player who want to only focus on range classe, but they are melee class (especially jugernaut/gauardian specced in dps) that will destroy a combat. Combat is only effective in pvp.

Concentration has the best AoE damage and resistence from shi-cho and is considered easier to play.

But then many of you talk of solo "duel" of sorts when the pvp is all about group tactics in swtor.

Play a huttball, as a sentinel if you are not rooted/slowed, bumped, "grapplinated" then the game is a dream. But otherwise you will get frustrated by being thrown all the way down, or having lost your jump because of a grapplin...

The only 1vs1 situation is when player do not play the game or try to escape to get to a place to recover outside combat (or by powerup)

On alderran it is the best class to annoy 1 to 3 player for taking the point of control right from the start, but otherwise there are no 1vs1 situation if players try to win and not play counterstrike

On the voidstar, the few 1vs1 are usually resolved by defensive reinforcement or stealthing away. (or players being distracted from the goal by staying back).

On novare I have not experienced this warzone enough, froma sentinel point it is closed to alderaan in gameplay but with stealth shadow / inquisitor (the one than can repetedly stun you from stealth) being really bothersome (just need to remove on little bar to slow the team down without removing the defenser)

Sorry but when was there skill in this game?

No class is hard to play, they are all very generic and mundane.

Yes there are some great skillful team mechanics to pull off, but individual skill in swtor im sorry to say is really lacking. Classes are just too generic. Im sure in time as abilities are added it will add some "flare" to classes. But the current state of the game just doesnt scream "he was too skilled for me". IMHO of course.

I think you're confusing how you play the game with how things go for most ppl. Forum quotes concerning "This is too hard" far outnumber ... are you ready for this ... "This is too easy". So at least for the majority of ppl who post here, there is definitely some skill.

but i should be able to face tank melee classes!

LIGHTNING!

they are tanks for precisely 17 seconds so umm ok? lol other then that the most squishy class in the game seriously these noob sorcs and other ranged need to learn they cant stand still outheal marauders or sents anymore is why so many cries kite as you should on a ranged and use your 20 sec cd ccs you will kill them easily lol mean while bounty hunters way out dps marauders and have about the same survive plus there ranged so even more if they know how to play which most dont

they are tanks for precisely 17 seconds so umm ok? lol other then that the most squishy class in the game seriously these noob sorcs and other ranged need to learn they cant stand still outheal marauders or sents anymore is why so many cries kite as you should on a ranged and use your 20 sec cd ccs you will kill them easily lol mean while bounty hunters way out dps marauders and have about the same survive plus there ranged so even

orly?

Funny because as a sorc if a mara/sent leaps to me, I'm often rooted for 2 secs and as an added bonus they even interrupt what I'm doing!!! (crazy right?), then I get to eat Ravage/Master Strike. I can use my KB then, and force speed away, but with the cooldown on Force Charge so low, you never escape them? Stun? Great, wasted that which I'm told by maras and sents to use when they hit their god mode button.

It's a complete joke to say use ccs and cd timers etc, a mara's is lower, they have a shorter interrupt and they have a god mode and heck can even use force camo and come back after a heal and finish you off. Sorcs can't hide....

It really is a sad state of affairs when your best option is "run and hope they pick on someone else" except they don't because they know sorcs and sages are easy kills for anyone with even a modicum of competency.

Edited by Chemic_al

I kite marauders on my sniper all the time. The key is that marauders cannot leap while rooted, and snipers have a 15 or 12 second leg shot, cover pulse, and knockback on ambush (if specced). Also, the melee range stun debilitate can be talented to make the sniper run 30% faster. Engineering also gets a 2 second stun, and both engineering and lethality get a 30% ranged snare.

You have to be able to match a marauder cooldown for cooldown and not fill up their resolve bar. The main thing is that to get the kill you're going to take a few hits (due to their vanish), but you're going to still win handily.

You can't kite stationary. Kiting means you're outrunning them while doing damage. Snipers supress, they don't kite.

And please, people, stop using the anti-melee class as an example. Yes, snipers can keep melee away. There skill set is designed specifically to do that. We have already been over snipers.

^ crushes marauder/sentinel if you know how to play it

No, you crush them if you do the bare minimum and use the abilities provided. There are no "good" players in TOR. There are people who use the skills provided (normal) and people who don't (bad). I beat a sniper on my jugg the other day because he never knocked me back once. He just traded blows with me face to face.

Edited by Dayshadow

Why? Because PvP is not a one on one game,

Here are facts : Watchman has best dps 1vs1 and so is liked by player with team that concentrate on other thing or for solo queue players. Zen will heal the group (at the cost of no trancendence)

Combat has the best antikitting for player who want to only focus on range classe, but they are melee class (especially jugernaut/gauardian specced in dps) that will destroy a combat. Combat is only effective in pvp.

Concentration has the best AoE damage and resistence from shi-cho and is considered easier to play.

But then many of you talk of solo "duel" of sorts when the pvp is all about group tactics in swtor.

Play a huttball, as a sentinel if you are not rooted/slowed, bumped, "grapplinated" then the game is a dream. But otherwise you will get frustrated by being thrown all the way down, or having lost your jump because of a grapplin...

The only 1vs1 situation is when player do not play the game or try to escape to get to a place to recover outside combat (or by powerup)

On alderran it is the best class to annoy 1 to 3 player for taking the point of control right from the start, but otherwise there are no 1vs1 situation if players try to win and not play counterstrike

On the voidstar, the few 1vs1 are usually resolved by defensive reinforcement or stealthing away. (or players being distracted from the goal by staying back).

On novare I have not experienced this warzone enough, froma sentinel point it is closed to alderaan in gameplay but with stealth shadow / inquisitor (the one than can repetedly stun you from stealth) being really bothersome (just need to remove on little bar to slow the team down without removing the defenser)

Haha, was this supposed to be a supporting argument? From your signature I can tell that English is not your first language, so I am hoping that some of this is just lost in translation and you aren't really this thick.

So you preach on how pvp is team oriented; that's all well and good. Does your team EVER target switch? Watchman has a ramp up time; Combat can switch to whoever it wants with Precision Slash and do full damage on the drop of a hat. That is valuable.

Watchman heals are not. They are insigificant in the longrun and simply exist to pad meters to give you the illusion you are useful. If you were truly a team player, you could focus more of giving your healers/team a (near) permanent sprint buff, allowing your healers to run around untouched and your other melee dps to maintain their own uptime.

Does Watchman has higher dps? Why yes, yes it does. In PvE. With 100% target uptime. Cool for bosses.

As far as the plethora of CC and knockbacks/pulls in this game, a sentinel has better tools to do with them than oh i don't know.. any class in the game? Did you forget that roots also ignore resolve so if you needed to stop an opposing player from scoring in a huttball match and/or peel for another player and/or stall a guy long enough for someone to cap a node in Civil War or Novarre Coast, that you could do that regardless of circumstances?

Most of what you posted contradicts everything that would benefit team play. So, I'm still waiting.

vs shadow = tank:loss, dps: 50/50, ignorant player: win

vs sage = real healer: draw - give up, dps: win, ignorant player: instagib

vs vanguard = tank: loss, dps: win 75/25, ignorant player: win

vs commando = healer: win if they dont call for help, dps: 50/50, ignorant player = win

vs guardian = tank: loss, dps: win 75/25, ignorant player = win

vs smuggler = healer: draw-give up, dps: 50/50 - depends on cds, ignorant player = win

vs sniper = loss, ignorant player = win

though i am talking about skilled, and equil geared, players. With your history of whining, forum nerf calls, and etc...id place you in the ignorant player category which is almost always a win.

Some sent has L2P issues i see..

The TTK on my Sent vs an Inq is so laughable they are hardly worth mentioning. Leap, sweep, chock, toss, leap, master, sweep is my opener vs. their opener of stand there mezed and bleed. So I'm full heath and they are either dead or at less then 20% heath and bleeding ... how are they kitting?

Allow me to correct that:

Leap, ......Sorc/Sage knocksback with root..... game over.

Only terribad Sent/Mara's open with Leap. Only terribad sage/sorcs DON'T insta-knockback your leaps.