If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

I love how "voice acting" is all that's left to defend this game. SWTOR is just pre-WotLK WoW, yet people are gullible enough to spend 2012 dollars for it, even after Lucas trashed the SW ip in 1999. SW lore lol. "Sci-fi > fantasy" lol. SW is fantasy, learn the difference.

The only thing this game proved is that smooth, responsive gameplay trumps voice acting / legacy / story everytime. But I guess it is nice to have a class story to recollect while you wait for the ability delay to finish.

Raise your standards people.

Uninstalled it today, obviously.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting REALLY close. TSW is so very appealing, but I fear history will repeat itself. GW2 holds no interest for me despite how much I enjoyed the original GW.

I think the only thing keeping FROM cancelling is the lack of a suitable alternative.

Do you mean the GW2 boards? Yes, it's a perfect example of people going in with unrealistic expectations, and then the results when reality smacks them across the face. Once again, same old thing, different MMO.

Is it too hard to go in with realistic expectations? My dad always taught: "hope for best, expect the worst". I'm hardly ever blind-sided like it seems many here are...

I agree with you 100%. The QQ about the collectors edition store is exactly the same thing. People decide to have these unrealistic expectations and hype themselves up then blame everyone else because of it. What is amazing is the amount of people doing this over and over again. I am sure Einstein had something to say about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different reults somewhere.

Edited by corbanite

I love how "voice acting" is all that's left to defend this game. SWTOR is just pre-WotLK WoW, yet people are gullible enough to spend 2012 dollars for it, even after Lucas trashed the SW ip in 1999. SW lore lol. "Sci-fi > fantasy" lol. SW is fantasy, learn the difference.

The only thing this game proved is that smooth, responsive gameplay trumps voice acting / legacy / story everytime. But I guess it is nice to have a class story to recollect while you wait for the ability delay to finish.

Voice acting is NOT all that is left to "defend" this game. Now, had you said: In my opinion etc. that would be fine but guess what? I enjoy the game. As mystifying as that is to YOU, I'm the one who pays to play and I only pay to play so long as I'm having fun. I enjoy questing, the various classes and stories. I enjoy my guild and activities. I enjoy making stuff.

So, my standards are just fine, for me. And, no offense, I don't care about yours. If yours are such that you don't like the game, you did the right thing. G'luck wherever you land and I hope you find what you seek.

MMORPG hoppers will hop to the next game anyway, I just wish they would some day learn to do so without these: giveme something or I will quit - posts. When they make this kind of posts it is clear to most experienced readers that they will quit anyway, atleast for a while.

Real reason is that they are kind of burned out. There is always something wrong with whatever game they are playing at the moment. And there is always something better waiting in the next game. Yet every new game fails to deliver if you compare it to all the expectations and all the hype and whatever they specifically want to find. They have tried everything, they have seen everything, still they cannot figure out that they would be happiest if they quit playing online altogether for a year (for example) so that when they come back they could enjoy the game itself.

MMORPG hoppers will hop to the next game anyway, I just wish they would some day learn to do so without these: giveme something or I will quit - posts. When they make this kind of posts it is clear to most experienced readers that they will quit anyway, atleast for a while.

Real reason is that they are kind of burned out. There is always something wrong with whatever game they are playing at the moment. And there is always something better waiting in the next game. Yet every new game fails to deliver if you compare it to all the expectations and all the hype and whatever they specifically want to find. They have tried everything, they have seen everything, still they cannot figure out that they would be happiest if they quit playing online altogether for a year (for example) so that when they come back they could enjoy the game itself.

Wise words. I took quite a long break from MMOs, playing only the DA series in the interim. I was burnt out. I realised that I didn't care for the level-cap activities enough to arse myself to work toward them only to have them increase again and again (which is fine in a "carrot/stick" type situation, just not where my interests lie). So, took a good long break and it really helped. I am enjoying this game (and one other MMO) a great deal. I also tend to take most summers off (June to September) because there are so many things to do beside sit here at the computer. This also helps.

Same cry as always... Give us this or we quit...

Content and updates gets here when they gets here, i dont htink they give a **** if you say you quit if they dont give you before a date you set up.

this is the same as before 1.2 if not 1.2 comes before begining of april we quit Waaaaaahhwaaaaah!:(:(:(:( and still i can see them play and on forums.... thisi s getting old..

Same cry as always... Give us this or we quit...

Content and updates gets here when they gets here, i dont htink they give a **** if you say you quit if they dont give you before a date you set up.

this is the same as before 1.2 if not 1.2 comes before begining of april we quit Waaaaaahhwaaaaah!:(:(:(:( and still i can see them play and on forums.... thisi s getting old..

Except many of those "cries" are justified. Update 1.2 gave us features such as guild banks and a modifiable UI. Those are normal features that other mmo's have included at launch. So for BW to try and feed that to us with the rest of the 1.2 poop sandwich, and call it new content, is a slap in the face and insult to our intelligence.

And lets not forget how they told us right before it went live that there would be no ranked wz's, even though ranked wz's were one of the main features that was going to be part of 1.2. Tired of BW telling us one thing, then not staying true to their word.

I will be unsubbing unless they institute either:

population merges

transfers

or cross-server wz/flashpoint/operation q'ing

-----------------------------------------------------------------

there is simply no interaction due to the lack of people to play with.

MMO = MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. theres no massively when there is often less than 20 level 50's on at a time, and at night hours, there are often not enough to even have 1 warzone group going

I will be unsubbing unless they institute either:

population merges

transfers

or cross-server wz/flashpoint/operation q'ing

-----------------------------------------------------------------

there is simply no interaction due to the lack of people to play with.

MMO = MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE. theres no massively when there is often less than 20 level 50's on at a time, and at night hours, there are often not enough to even have 1 warzone group going

i guess you do not read the forums at all.. they are adding transfers in the summer..might not be 1.3 but they are comming.

Except many of those "cries" are justified. Update 1.2 gave us features such as guild banks and a modifiable UI. Those are normal features that other mmo's have included at launch. So for BW to try and feed that to us with the rest of the 1.2 poop sandwich, and call it new content, is a slap in the face and insult to our intelligence.

And lets not forget how they told us right before it went live that there would be no ranked wz's, even though ranked wz's were one of the main features that was going to be part of 1.2. Tired of BW telling us one thing, then not staying true to their word.

sadly like it or not the 1.2 features that you think should have been in at launch werent...they are now.. why whine abotu it still.. from what i have seen from reading the forums not all mmos had those things at launch either but thats a side point.. if you really think it is a slap in the face to your intelligence...

what does it mean that you keep giving them money to be slapped in the face then? i think thats far stupider of you then them adding stuff later.. if you really are unhappy with the direction of the game why do you give them your money every month?

ranked wzs not making the cut..very unfortunite..and since they ahvent told us why they didnt I can only assume theres a good reason..and ranked warzones were not the big selling feature of 1.2... the legacy was..and still is. ranked warzones were just for the 50s who wanted more.(not that that is a bad thing) just because ranked warzones were a big feature you wanted. it does not mean that the designers were hinging the success of 1.2 on them

Vanilla Wow had no guild banks at release, it had no pvp system and it also did not have UI features.

Still it is the best MMO that was ever created :)

A good MMO is not defined by "but WOW cata has it", a good MMO is a unique thing - something that stands on its own, with features of its own. A copy of something else, will just always stay a copy and will never be able to be called good, except a good copy.

Tor does now move more and more into a copy, it might be a good one someday - but it lost its unique atmosphere by then. Those that demand the wow features will sooner or later go back to wow, why play the copy if you can play the original?

Personally what I wanted to find at Tor was a MMO without LFG, addons, mods, instagib pvp etc. At release it was that, I did really enjoy pvp, running dungeons without beeing measured but with kind people that actually say more than "gogogo". This seems to fade now more and more and turns into another wow clone.

I find that sad and if the ranked Wz´s for solo queue´s are not something totally new and exciting I probably retire and no I dont say GW 2 will make it better, because it wont. Its on the same path towards a wow clone, unfortunately - I wish a puplisher would have the guts to develop something unique again :)

Edited by RachelAnne

Already unsubbed some weeks ago. 1.2 didn't make me reconsider. I'm only still here because I somehow got 30 days for free. In that sense it's already f2p for me, which some doomsayers predicted long ago. SWTOR is another example of a wasted IP. That whole zombie...err...rakhghoul thing doesn't feel very Starwarsy. Maybe if at some point they add some Starwars features, like a real space mode, i will check it out again.

sadly like it or not the 1.2 features that you think should have been in at launch werent...they are now.. why whine abotu it still.. from what i have seen from reading the forums not all mmos had those things at launch either but thats a side point.. if you really think it is a slap in the face to your intelligence...

what does it mean that you keep giving them money to be slapped in the face then? i think thats far stupider of you then them adding stuff later.. if you really are unhappy with the direction of the game why do you give them your money every month?

ranked wzs not making the cut..very unfortunite..and since they ahvent told us why they didnt I can only assume theres a good reason..and ranked warzones were not the big selling feature of 1.2... the legacy was..and still is. ranked warzones were just for the 50s who wanted more.(not that that is a bad thing) just because ranked warzones were a big feature you wanted. it does not mean that the designers were hinging the success of 1.2 on them

If you had read the previos page, and paid attention to the top post, you wouldnt need to ask stupid questions.

And ranked wz's WERE a major upcoming aspect of 1.2.

And the simple fact is that BW tells us one thing, then doesnt deliver. Know what that makes them? A Liar. And if you have no qualms about handing your money to someone that LIES to you, then know what that makes you? A Fool.

Already unsubbed some weeks ago. 1.2 didn't make me reconsider. I'm only still here because I somehow got 30 days for free. In that sense it's already f2p for me, which some doomsayers predicted long ago. SWTOR is another example of a wasted IP. That whole zombie...err...rakhghoul thing doesn't feel very Starwarsy. Maybe if at some point they add some Starwars features, like a real space mode, i will check it out again.

Seriously. The first time I did the Kaon flashpoint, I thought I was playing Resident Evil.

Actually, most AAA MMOs did NOT include those at launch...

If you had read the previos page, and paid attention to the top post, you wouldnt need to ask stupid questions.

And the simple fact is that BW tells us one thing, then doesnt deliver. Know what that makes them? A Liar. And if you have no qualms about handing your money to someone that LIES to you, then know what that makes you? A Fool.

ranked warzones were a part of the update.. but 1.2 was a legacy update..not a warzone update.. ranked warzones were put in so the 50s wouldnt feel neglected when a bunch of legacy stuff was added.

it didnt come and that sucks.. but not the end of the world by far

Actually, they said Ranked Warzones were coming in 1.2 provided it all works as planned. As in tentative. As in not promised. As in "all features are works-in-progress, are being tested, and may or may not be ready as planned". As in not a lie. Technically, they told the truth, because they said they wouldn't put it in if it wasn't up to standard.

*smh*

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I'm pretty happy and haven't touched some of the harder content like hardmode flashpoints, etc I still have quite a bit to do. I'm making my way through the agent storyline and am enjoying myself. I sitll haven't seen the Repubiic side and will save that if the Empire side starts feeling dull.

With that said, I will be playing both SWTOR and GW2 when it finally comes out. GW2 looks appealing for a number of reasons however not sure if I would play it as my main MMO. More like something to dabble with.

Actually, they said Ranked Warzones were coming in 1.2 provided it all works as planned. As in tentative. As in not promised. As in "all features are works-in-progress, are being tested, and may or may not be ready as planned". As in not a lie. Technically, they told the truth, because they said they wouldn't put it in if it wasn't up to standard.

*smh*

As a CE owner, where is the "content" they said they would be adding regularly to the ce vendor?

I guess that content is still in the works as well. How long do we have to wait (and keep paying) for them to make good on their "promises"? Sorry, but I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a sub-par product. If you enjoy paying to stand around fleet spamming your spacebar in some 3D queue lobby, have fun.

I never claimed to expect the mother of all mmo's when this game came out, but I DID expect to see something alot better then what we ended up with.

I'm not worried about 1.3 in May. I worried about even less people on my server than there already is over the next month. Granted this weekend isn't a good example of player population with a GW2 beta weekend going, but still people I know are either quitting or rerolling daily due to this and not the content being added or not.

*smh*

Nah. They didnt tell the truth at all. The test server was a ghost town, nothing pvp wise could have been tested in the first place. Hardly saw anyone whenever I logged into it. So when they say all features are being "tested", I call BS, since there was hardly anybody to test it in the first place. This is likely the reason why it had to be pulled, it wasnt ready because it didnt get enough testing. Maybe if BW would allow the players to make instant level 50 toons, the endgame content, including pvp, could be given sufficient testing. You'd think they would let players do that, since it's supposed to be a "test" server...

Lies come in all shapes and sizes, and this is just another one from BW.