If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An that's probably why your not a good customer support person. I like this game more then anyone will realize on the forums but I also understand the community that wants change fast. I don't take it personally and I don't think there's no saving them. Then again I don't let many customers ever leave disappointing in my own business.

Let's not misunderstand each other. I take none of this personally.

I'm just appalled at the state of thought in some of the users that post on these forums. The sense of entitlement is just outrageous, especially by people who don't seem to have any inkling of how this kind of development works.

Most especially, the "Will you unsub?" threads seem like the most counterproductive and backwards threads on the entire forum. I don't buy that anyone posting any of these threads has anything but anger and resentment toward the game and an ultimate wish that this game dies and closes shop.

Since I find that to be an alien concept, I have no interest in defending them nor placating the users who post them. On the contrary, my first impulse is probably going to be to turn it around and angle it right back at them and dare them to act in the same rambunctious way in which they speak.

FYI, I'd say there's about a 90% chance that the user in question you're defending just received a free 30 days to stick around, and is already threatening to leave again. If you find that admirable behavior, that's your prerogative.

A patch that included a new warzone, operation and flashpoint is essentially just fluff?

What's your expectation for a patch that isn't your definition of fluff?

Yeah, a new raid, instanced pvp zone, dungeon, and world event is fluff, according to the OP. Amazing :rolleyes:. 1.2 was a great patch... I especially loved the UI improvements.

Let's not misunderstand each other. I take none of this personally.

I'm just appalled at the state of thought in some of the users that post on these forums. The sense of entitlement is just outrageous, especially by people who don't seem to have any inkling of how this kind of development works.

Most especially, the "Will you unsub?" threads seem like the most counterproductive and backwards threads on the entire forum. I don't buy that anyone posting any of these threads has anything but anger and resentment toward the game and an ultimate wish that this game dies and closes shop.

Since I find that to be an alien concept, I have no interest in defending them nor placating the users who post them. On the contrary, my first impulse is probably going to be to turn it around and angle it right back at them and dare them to act in the same rambunctious way in which they speak.

FYI, I'd say there's about a 90% chance that the user in question you're defending just received a free 30 days to stick around, and is already threatening to leave again. If you find that admirable behavior, that's your prerogative.

I hear ya. We all deserve a spock spork for living through this thread.

Greetings Everyone,

We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

This thread is in regards to the following:

I <3 you all. I just want you to know that. :)

LOL. 1.2 JUST came out.

It will be atleast three months before we see anything related to 1.3. Your lack of patience makes me laugh so hard.

I sincerely doubt it, most MMO's don't work like that nowadays. 4 months between patches is exceedingly long.

Community: WE WANT NEW CONTENT!

Bioware: Here is patch 1.2. It has a new Operations, a new Flashpoint, a new daily mission hub, a new warzone, a new world boss, and a new limited time world event.

Whiners: OMG THE PATCH IS JUST FLUFF AND THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT.

Others: what are you talking about? There was a new ops, fp, warzone, world event, and dailies?

Whiners: I QUIT! THERE'S NO NEW CONTENT!

Too accurate for words to express.

I guess I will still be here in May, but would not in June, when The Secret World arrives.

So many bugs left unfixed in 1.2 and then a lot of new bugs + sound issues that affect the overall game play.

Many things they said they have fixed in 1.2 turns out to be remain the same ... Is there a TEAM out there?

Then the class imbalance, faction imbalance, still no dual talent ...

When you are enough of the story, guess it is the end of your journey in SWTOR.

I guess I will still be here in May, but would not in June, when The Secret World arrives.

So many bugs left unfixed in 1.2 and then a lot of new bugs + sound issues that affect the overall game play.

Many things they said they have fixed in 1.2 turns out to be remain the same ... Is there a TEAM out there?

Then the class imbalance, faction imbalance, still no dual talent ...

When you are enough of the story, guess it is the end of your journey in SWTOR.

Secret World looks fun. I'll be subbed here and there.

Secret World looks fun. I'll be subbed here and there.

Yeah, at least I don't have to be bothered with a specific class being nerfed or destroyed.

I spent 3 months leveling my commando to level 50, doing weeks of dailies to gear up, then they just destroy it.

The subscription fee is nothing to me, but I just don't feel like paying anything to someone who destroy my work.

Edited by Hologramx

Yeah, at least I don't have to be bothered with a specific class being nerfed or destroyed.

I spent 3 months leveling my commando to level 50, doing weeks of dailies to gear up, then they just destroy it.

The subscription fee is nothing to me, but I just don't feel like paying anything to someone who destroy my work.

I like the skill advancement system too instead of levels. Cya there.

No reason to even bother posting on these forums OP.

* Only thing your going to get is rage from the "Biodrone community"

Personally my guild is just pvping since there is nothing to do till the release of "Diablo 3".

You realize there will be no pvp in d3 until at least the end of the year, right?

Played GW2 today. Its really really bad. The voice acting is horrible the graphics sub par. It looks just like WoW. Also cash shop is extensive. So ya not worried about GW2. Its a huge disappointment even to me and I had no real high expectations.

Ditto. I bought from Gamestop so I can return it, and I definitely will be. I had intended to play this one casually, but I was thoroughly unimpressed.

With the 30 days free I am technically subscribed until June so, no I will not unsub.

I don't see GW2 as a threat to my enjoyment of SWTOR. My favourite part of Guild Wars was the fact it was free to play. I could play it fairly hardcore for the PVP while playing a subscription game for a larger scale experience. Unless I find 100% of my time taken up by GW2, I just don't see myself cancelling until SWTOR stops being fun.

I like how people think they can somehow hold the game hostage and make specific demands (not just suggestions or observations, but DEMANDS :mad:) over their individual subscription. It's amusing.

Been too busy playing to bother posting for several weeks. Staying subbed.

another yank that embarrasses me cause they haven't bothered to leave the county they grew up in....in Italy it is considered rude not to use the spoon, but you got the method correct :)

Edit: To keep in topic, the game is boring for me, I still play and do some dailys and pvp, but it is only because there isn't anything better out there, if D3 is fun and I enjoy it I may as well only play D3, if it isn't I'll probably stick with the game. I don't understand why people make a big deal about people leaving and complaining, it is part of the process of any game.

Uh, in Italy only the people that are poor or come from farms are the ones that use spoon. It is really rude to use a spoon while eating spaguetti, get your facts right. The reason people outside italy eat with a spoon is because the poor people that left the country half a century ago used to eat with a spoon (Because thats how they were used to eat it in the farms). As of matter of fact some restaurants in italy may kick you out of the place if you ask for a spoon.

Any educated italian, born in italy (and living in italy), will tell you this.

Edited by KOSHrf