4 player heroic quests need to go,

cantfindanamee

its to the point you will never get a group...ever. ive recently decided to level a new character atm its level 36. i sat on balmorra for 3 days just to see about a group for 1 of the 8 quests that required 4 players..i didnt get a single person to join finally after convincing 3 players that they wanted to do these they asked me to share...none of the quests were sharable. im asking please nerf these to needing only 2 players or even better make them soloable. but sitting in my quest log until there grey isnt working.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its to the point you will never get a group...ever. ive recently decided to level a new character atm its level 36. i sat on balmorra for 3 days just to see about a group for 1 of the 8 quests that required 4 players..i didnt get a single person to join

You wasted 3 days on a planet for an entirely optional quest? That sounds more like a problem with you than the game.

Please don't get rid of them. I am fed up with MMOs getting rid of OPTIONAL group quests just so that every solo player can do everything!

Enough! In MMOs there is a place for Solo missions and a palce for Group missions. As long as one doesn't interfer with the other then its great to have this diversity.

And you only need 2 people to complete them - thats why theres a companion system!

its to the point you will never get a group...ever. ive recently decided to level a new character atm its level 36. i sat on balmorra for 3 days just to see about a group for 1 of the 8 quests that required 4 players..i didnt get a single person to join finally after convincing 3 players that they wanted to do these they asked me to share...none of the quests were sharable. im asking please nerf these to needing only 2 players or even better make them soloable. but sitting in my quest log until there grey isnt working.

Don't listen to the fanboys here... You're right, there is a problem. 4-mans might be doable by two people IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CLASSES. If you and a buddy are both Jedi Sentinels, and don't have Doc, then you're never going to be able to do it, ever.

The majority of servers have about 40% of their population at max level, or 40% below level 15... On my main (now abandoned) server, I'm usually the only person on the planet I'm questing on at peak hours. I don't even bother picking them up anymore. What's the point? I'm never going to find anyone on the deserted planet to play with.

Shame, as they were fun whilst I was able to do them a couple of months back.

People who comment saying, 'The problem is with you', or 'they're easy, just two man them' are in denial that there are problems with the core mechanics of this games setup. Live in denial if you want, but be aware that's exactly where you are. They weren't designed to be two manned or skipped, they were designed to be done and enjoyed by any and all who wish to partake in them. If that can't happen, which evidently, it can't, then it's broken. Plain and simple.

They dont need to go.

The problem is not you though, the problem is lack of community. On my pve server it's easy to get 4 man groups going , on my pve-rp server I can look all I want but won't get a group.

Instead of asking for a removal of the quests it's better to ask BW to put some effort in making grouping easier and possible. (merge/transfer/lfg)

Edited by Kirameki

They dont need to go.

The problem is not you though, the problem is lack of community. On my pve server it's easy to get 4 man groups going , on my pve-rp server I can look all I want but won't get a group.

Instead of asking for a removal of the quests it's better to ask BW to put some effort in making grouping easier and possible. (merge/transfer/lfg)

This is the reason, right here.

Fortunately, they are working on an LFG tool which should help, however the problem isn't going to go away completely until the servers have a higher population, and that isn't going to happen until Bioware introduces server merges.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

"4 player heroic quests need to go"

No, they do not. And no I will not explain my reasoning to you.

Then what was the point of coming and posting here? You know forums are for discussion, right? You can't discuss things if you are not willing to explain your point of view.

If your sever population is too low then Heroic 4 or FPs are pointless. I used to just drop any Heroic 4 I got because there weren't enough people on to do them. I have since that unhappy time, re-rolled on an oceanic server (I play at the same time as most aussies so I had the double whammy of off peak playing hours and shrinking population) and had only minimal difficulty getting into FPs and Heroic 4s. The problem isn't the quest type. The problem is your server population. Bioware hasn't given any news about server mergers so you are stuck in a ghosttown with no one to do any of the content that requires more than 2 people. Bioware must know about this because there are tons of threads about server mergers/transfers. They have not seen fit to reply or address those concerns. Unsub and move on to another game that doesn't have population issues.

Seeing that these quest are totally optional in the first place and there is not a need to do them unless you do get a group together you can ignore doing them all together by going to you quest log and unclicking them, abandon them or not getting the quest in the first place.

I see no need to get rid of these quest at all.

Move along, Move along... These are not the quest you are looking for. (It is a role playing game can't you pretend the quest aren't there without really having the game changed just for your benefit?)

They certainly don't need to "go". However, I personally would like them to use some of what we just saw in the Rakghoul event and scale to the power of the group, or individual, that attempts them--rewards as well.

Why? Because as a player who is really looking for the story experience, I find that when playing in a group context, all of my attention is taken away from the story and the environment to the group. It becomes just an "arcade game", not an RPG. Granted, some of these don't have a lot of story in them, but I like taking my time, looking around, poking my head in corners, taking a minute to decide on a dialog choice, etc.

From an RPG view of these, the quest giver is usually talking about YOU going and solving the problem, not getting a bunch of friends to do so. I generally feel less "heroic" in heroic missions than in normal ones. Plus, generally speaking, groups I've been in just roll over most heroics.

MMO's are all about playing the game how you want it to. Some people are just popular like that and can find a group of 4 (or 3, or 2) to do them. I'm sorry, but that's not a flaw in the game. Your server just doesn't have a large enough population.

By taking out the 4 mans you leave out a part of the game that some people do really enjoy (Grouping!).

Don't listen to the fanboys here... You're right, there is a problem. 4-mans might be doable by two people IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CLASSES. If you and a buddy are both Jedi Sentinels, and don't have Doc, then you're never going to be able to do it, ever.

The majority of servers have about 40% of their population at max level, or 40% below level 15... On my main (now abandoned) server, I'm usually the only person on the planet I'm questing on at peak hours. I don't even bother picking them up anymore. What's the point? I'm never going to find anyone on the deserted planet to play with.

People who comment saying, 'The problem is with you', or 'they're easy, just two man them' are in denial that there are problems with the core mechanics of this games setup. Live in denial if you want, but be aware that's exactly where you are. They weren't designed to be two manned or skipped, they were designed to be done and enjoyed by any and all who wish to partake in them. If that can't happen, which evidently, it can't, then it's broken. Plain and simple.

Agreed. I'm sick of not being able to complete planets because of a lack of people. It isn't a matter of not wanting to group or being antisocial. There aren't enough people still playing on these planets to get them done, and not completing them irritates me. 2+ should be the only type of heroic.

EDIT!: Quoted wrong post.

Edited by IheartGreenGirls

I think they need to stay. They normally give blue/orange FP quality gear, so, they should require a group. This would be like me saying that flashpoints need to either go or be scaled down so I can solo them. They're not meant to be soloed. They are meant for group play. If your server is low pop, you'll either have to skip them (as I'm sure you probably do with flashpoints) or reroll. Plenty of us that chose a heavy server have a lot of fun with these group quests.

Honestly, I consider Heroic quests a gearing up alternative to running flashpoints. They should stay as is.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Not that our voting on it in the general forums will change anything, but I like 4-man group quests.

Do you need four people for it? No, not if you have a class with CC and a reasonably skilled friend. But honestly that is half the fun of it: I like trying to find out what my Juggernaut friend and I can and can't do. Just because we die on the first attempt or two doesn't mean its impossible; and by the time the heroic is finished I feel that we've both stepped up our game a little bit.

It sounds like, to me anyway: that your issue isn't with the quest itself, but not having other people at your level range, at the times you play, on your server. I'm leveling an alt at the moment and just last night there was 80+ people on Alderan while I was leveling. It was so easy to find people who wanted to do the planet's heroics. I couldn't wave a stick without smacking a sin' tank out of stealth. Of course your mileage will vary, just tossing out my one piece of anecdotal experience.

I think the 4 man quests just like the flashpoints should have a scale to them so you can do them solo or duo and not rely on a four person group. And for those saying you can two man them I agree but you have to have the right classes and have your healing companions out. My wife and I can duo almost every heroic in the game but only when we are on a tank/healer combo with healer pets out.

I think the 4 man quests just like the flashpoints should have a scale to them so you can do them solo or duo and not rely on a four person group. And for those saying you can two man them I agree but you have to have the right classes and have your healing companions out. My wife and I can duo almost every heroic in the game but only when we are on a tank/healer combo with healer pets out.

The flashpoints don't scale. Or are you saying that they should?

I have no problems finding 3- or 4-man groups, but when I play with my wife we usually just run them together in a 2-man group. All we do is wait a couple of levels, instead of running them when they first pop up.

The quests are not the ones that are broken. It's the community. You see these people crying about how they can never find a group at all, yet the next day they log in and see someone in General say "LFG for X Heroic", those guys mysterious become mute and never want to group.

It's not the quest. It's the community. They cry that Xserver grouping kills getting to know your servermates, but the reality is these people never had the intention to get to know them.

I agree. I don't want them removed, I want them to fix the population problem.