To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

yaddayaddadoodoo I'm good you're bad, I play the two most potent classes in small skirmishes and think I'm skilled, because I said it, and BW devs should never ever try to balance things out since being the best 1v1 PvP class doesn't mean squat in a team game etc etc.

I think we understand your point. perhaps though, that you should just step away from the keyboard and take a breath of fresh air, reading your incessant 2-3 biased posts per page is really really painful to say the least.

I don't think Maras need a gigantic nerf, but in any actual discussions we could go on with arguments better than 'you ask for a nerf because you're bad' and help BW find a compromise between DPS and survivability for maras. When I play my BM vanguard I can kill most of them not breaking a sweat, but that's because I know how to play. if I fight a good player playing a mara, I'll lose, since even if you say 'kite within 10m range, spam ion pulse', it won't be dealing enough damage, and if I get the mara below 10%, he uses undying rage, then either pops stealth, pops a medpack, etc. Not that I think it's not right that an alpha class exists, but any sane MMO dev would try to fix any disparity between classes before they get their FOTM status.

Right now, the lower levels are flooding with mara / sents, and that's a symptom of bad class balance. Even if you call me bad I don't care, since I'm currently playing a BM vanguard assault specced, and was entirely correct with the nerf they introduced in 1.2, and still thinks HiB / railshot needs to be sligthly tweaked to tone down burst but improve damage sustainability (for example, cutting down 5-10% HiB damage, but improve the amount of ammo generated per procs). So stupid I can ROFLSTOMP nubs in 3 - 4 GCDs, I don't like that, and in every game I played, in GW1 particularly, I always tested a lot of stuff and helped the designers balance the FOTM to maintain a healthy metagame. You, are showing your immaturity with your constant condescendance, and you'll probably just leave for another game when both your beloved classes gets normalized like the others have been. I don't think, even if you're an extremely talented player, that you'd be taking down Maras with any of the other classes, even gunslingers (lol baddie maras lose to gunslingers now, lol gimme a break, get out of LoS, baddie)

Maras deal a balanced amount of DPS, but their survivability cooldowns / utility needs to be toned down to the DPS Ops level.

Edited by Faat

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think it's a "guaranteed win," it means as soon as I attack you, it's a guaranteed win.

MMO players are so bad. It wasn't always like this. Playing a MMO used to be challenging, so even the worst players weren't as bad as they are now. Now that everyone sits afk in safe zones waiting for all their gear to be handed to them within a week's time, they can't be bothered to learn how to play.

It's a guaranteed win because by the time you have to use this ability in combat you probably already have that person at 20% hp or lower with the burst damage you do, or are you going to deny that your class has insane damage now as well?

Only with roots you'd be able to dps a Mara down while keeping a decent amount of hp, and not filling up the Mara's resolve bar. Most classes don't have roots that bypass resolve, except for Snipers/Slingers? so the rest of us are just supposed to "adapt and learn" to get a Marauder/Sent's HP down without giving them a full resolve bar... Oh that's simple let me see, knockback.. no that fills resolve, hmm stun?... nope resolve, in combat CC... dang resolve as well.

On a 1 on 1 situation there's no way you'll be able to dps a Mara down to force him to pop Undying before he has you on Dispatch range, without roots. So give me abilities that don't give you full resolve and sure I'll "adapt and learn" to beat you and then you'll be the one having to "adapt and learn" when you don't have such an easy time destroying everyone in WZs.

maybe a socs bubble should cost them 10% health every time they cast it.

Yeah, for 1.5-1.8k HP we can absorb 3k. That's definitely in-line with a 99% damage reduction for 3 GCDs that doesn't give a **** how much damage comes in for the duration.

To add to the topic,

I don't have as much of a problem with Undying Rage in a 1v1 scenario. I take issue to the plethora of ways a Sent/Mara can keep in range. I don't mind if they do big damage when they are in melee range, but they shouldn't have this kind of uptime on you if that's to be the way it works. Pyro PTs are a great example, they hurt like hell when they are in range, but it's easy to create a gap to get some damage of your own in, then they grapple you and get some more damage on you, you finally get some range again or die, but if you achieve range at that point you've got a decent chance to win.

So, the thing I would tell you, is stop foolishly trying to go 1 on 1 with a Sentinel or Marauder without a tank or healer to help you out

LOLOL, right so basically we need to make sure we have a team to kill 1 marauder you know and accept this and you still say your class is perfectly balanced? I am seriously getting a lot of laughs in this thread today.

Edited by RTCBrad

Hmmm, you think him saying he can kill a merc with 1 skill = proof of balance. Lol you guys are just to funny.

It's not 1 skill that kills him. It's the fact that he's too dumb to knock me back with 1 or his 2 KBs while I'm channeling.

Don't tell me you're one of the "AMG I GOT ONE SHOTTED BY MASTER STRIKE" people...

"Sentinels and Marauders are probably the weakest of the classes health-wise next to Sages/Sorcs. Countering Sentinels and Marauders takes a small team effort. We can easily wreck you and other DPS/Healer classes 1 on 1, but we have trouble with tanks or DPS classes with healers keeping them up. So, the thing I would tell you, is stop foolishly trying to go 1 on 1 with a Sentinel or Marauder without a tank or healer to help you out, else we can and will end you quickly. There's your answer. Guarded/Undying aren't OP, you're just being stupid when fighting Sents and Marauders in PVP."

Hahahaa, so you admit they're much better than everyone and you need help to kill them? (you dont btw if you're good) but the fact you say it in their defence says what about your intelligence.....where's the balance?.

It's not 1 skill that kills him. It's the fact that he's too dumb to knock me back with 1 or his 2 KBs while I'm channeling.

Don't tell me you're one of the "AMG I GOT ONE SHOTTED BY MASTER STRIKE" people...

Let me just get this straight you actually its okay that you can 1 shot people? Just answer yes or no. That's really all I need to know, before we have a conversation about this.

Edited by RTCBrad

LOLOL, right so basically we need to make sure we have a team to kill 1 marauder you know and accept this and you still say your class is perfectly balanced? I am seriously getting a lot of laughs in this thread today.

This guy wins the thread......

Let me just get this straight you actually its okay that you can 1 shot people? Just answer yes or no. That's really all I need to know, before we have a conversation about this.

Let me get this straight, you actually think that Knights/Warriors can one-shot people with Master Strike? Master Strike, if all 3 hits crit, will hit in total for about 7-8k with my full BM gear and completely unmitigated by anything else.

So that's what I really need to know. Do you think that Knights and Warriors are one-shotting people with Master Strike/Ravage?

Don't quite know why everyone is now talking about their damage, they're meant to do good damage, but with good damage, there's meant to be less survivability, except there isnt in their case.

What class do you play?

I think to myself, "I wonder if this guy will eat an entire Master Strike without knocking me back." I use Master Strike, he dies. Do you know how often that happens? ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

According to you, you can do it "ALL THE FREAKING TIME".

You don't seem to have graduated elementary school, or even kindergarten so I'll teach you how to count. A DPS and healer is 2 people. 1 + 1 = 2. A tank is one person, 1 + 0 = 1. A tank and a healer is 2 people, again, 1 + 1 = 2. A PVP team consists of 8 people, 8 - 1 = 7 or 8 - 2 = 6.

The "team" is the 8 people altogether. Having a DPS and healer or tank and healer together is a way to counter a Sent/Marauder in PVP. And honestly, if you don't have healers paired up with a DPS guy or tank, you aren't playing the game right. Bye.

Stealth in WZs is not very practical? You must have never been ambushed at a point by 3 stealthers at once.

Not sure whats your point about stealth if you were jumped on by 3 players, you dont need stealth to do that. Its not a practical skill, all you can do is being the garbageman of Wz to kill idiots standing outside of the group.

Edited by Bocherel

According to you, you can do it "ALL THE FREAKING TIME".

My point is that people are idiots. And you're helping me make my point.

You know how often I eat a full Master Strike/Ravage from another Knight/Warrior? Almost never. Because as soon as I see that channel bar above their head, I use Force Stasis or Awe or Force Camo.

I'm assuming the people that I'm fighting 1v1 that don't stop me from channeling a full Master Strike are too bad to know how to stop me. Or they ran in and used their stun first thing in the fight. Derp.

There are plenty of classes that can beat Marauders/Sentinels. You might even play one. You just don't know how to do it.

Edited by Sevvy

You don't seem to have graduated elementary school, or even kindergarten so I'll teach you how to count. A DPS and healer is 2 people. 1 + 1 = 2. A tank is one person, 1 + 0 = 1. A tank and a healer is 2 people, again, 1 + 1 = 2. A PVP team consists of 8 people, 8 - 1 = 7 or 8 - 2 = 6.

The "team" is the 8 people altogether. Having a DPS and healer or tank and healer together is a way to counter a Sent/Marauder in PVP. And honestly, if you don't have healers paired up with a DPS guy or tank, you aren't playing the game right. Bye.

Hmm, that's a lot of fail to fit one in post my friend, bravo bravo. If you really think when I said team I was referring to the whole ops group then you are simply not fit to be in this thread.

Also you are still admitting it takes 2 people to beat Marauder and you think this is normal/balanced? You've made me laugh all over again.

How did I not see this before I need a personal healer in every warzone so I can counter a Marauder! Of course I can see your point that is exactly how PVP should work!**

**=sarcasm

"Sentinels and Marauders are probably the weakest of the classes health-wise next to Sages/Sorcs. Countering Sentinels and Marauders takes a small team effort. We can easily wreck you and other DPS/Healer classes 1 on 1, but we have trouble with tanks or DPS classes with healers keeping them up. So, the thing I would tell you, is stop foolishly trying to go 1 on 1 with a Sentinel or Marauder without a tank or healer to help you out, else we can and will end you quickly. There's your answer. Guarded/Undying aren't OP, you're just being stupid when fighting Sents and Marauders in PVP."

Hahahaa, so you admit they're much better than everyone and you need help to kill them? (you dont btw if you're good) but the fact you say it in their defence says what about your intelligence.....where's the balance?.

I never said they were better than everybody else, try reading my post again. I said the flourish in 1 on 1 situations with the exceptions being 1 on 1 against a tank and, I forgot to mention before, Agents or Smugglers with their cover ability and vast amounts of stuns. I have easily spanked healers and other DPS's in one on one fights, or if they're good the fight goes either way many times. Tanks are tough to fight against 1 on 1 but I've taken a few down. Agents and Smugs are the devil to fight against. The key is to not fight Sents/Marauders 1 on 1, but rather 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 with a good tank or Agent/Smug. If there's a healer keeping a tank up or a DPS up while we are trying to kill the tank or DPS, we won't stand a chance, EVEN with Guarded/Undying. I've been in those fights, they aren't pretty.

And like I said before, if you don't have a healer or multiple healers sticking to one DPS or one tank and keeping them up as they fight, then you're clearly playing the game wrong. Healers of course need to look out for other teammates that may not have healers on them, but the point remains.

My point is that people are idiots. And you're helping me make my point.

You know how often I eat a full Master Strike/Ravage from another Knight/Warrior? Almost never. Because as soon as I see that channel bar above their head, I use Force Stasis or Awe or Force Camo.

I'm assuming the people that I'm fighting 1v1 that don't stop me from channeling a full Master Strike are too bad to know how to stop me. Or they ran in and used their stun first thing in the fight. Derp.

There are plenty of classes that can beat Marauders/Sentinels. You might even play one. You just don't know how to do it.

To be honest I would give up if I were you, we have a marauder here admitting you need 2 people to beat them. That's pretty much /thread.

Hmm, that's a lot of fail to fit one in post my friend, bravo bravo. If you really think when I said team I was referring to the whole ops group then you are simply not fit to be in this thread.

Also you are still admitting it takes 2 people to beat Marauder and you think this is normal/balanced? You've made me laugh all over again.

How did I not see this before I need a personal healer in every warzone so I can counter a Marauder! Of course I can see your point that is exactly how PVP should work!**

**=sarcasm

You must have again missed that I said a good tank can beat us out 1 on 1, but your idiotic, brainless rants seem to be getting in the way.

To be honest I would give up if I were you, we have a marauder here admitting you need 2 people to beat them. That's pretty much /thread.

Give up what? You only need 2 people to kill one class if you're bad. And you are bad. As well as the Shadow that started this thread.

A freaking Shadow crying about Marauders... lololol

These forums are amazing. BTW, what class do you play?

By your arguments, yes, you need 2 people to beat a Sentinel/Marauder. Because you clearly don't know how to counter us 1 v 1. And thats exactly the problem with PVP'ers in this game, like yourself. You don't know how to play.

I never said i dont beat them did i?

Im saying they're not balanced, as i've also said Shadows arn't balanced, not too bright are you?

None of that matters. The only part that matters is that you play a Shadow, yet you're on the PvP forum starting threads to get other classes nerfed because they are OP. That's what matters. You are a bad player.