To the biased Sents/Maras defending their OP class

Madnutter

This entire thread really cracks me up. I mean all this qq about sents and marauders and the majority is flat out wrong. But I think it's funny that people don't complain more about operatives or snipers wither their 2 ccs and knock back and snare.

Agree I'm not surprise if baddies Smuggler or agent are the ones QQ and complaining about sents and marauders.

Edited by EugeneYap

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is aimed at all the short-sighted Marauders/Sents that are fearful of a nerf, as that would mean they'd need to re-roll again (maybe to a PT as they seem to be doing quite well)

I've always said marauder/sent damage is fine, i want no changes to that, they are meant to dish out some hurt.....

What they do need is to lose the Undying rage/Guarded by the force as it is far, far too OP.

This is where all the biased Sents/Maras seem to completely miss the point, and they may say that "oh but thats been in the game since the start"......To this i say, yes it has, and it never should have been in the first place, it has no business being on any class, let alone a DPS one, but aside from that, the recent changes to expertise drastically lowering the TTK make this ability even more out of control.

5 seconds of complete damage immunity is stupid, especially given the amount of damage being thrown out now. You say the ability hasnt been changed, and maybe it hasnt theoretically, but its effectiveness has certainly increased with recent changes.

I remember the QQ for the immediate nerf of operaitve/scoundrels b/c our HS/jarring strike put people on their arses for 3 seconds for some ground and pound. BW what's up!

You'd be wrong.

Sorry, but I stopped arguing with you because it seemed to me you were serious in your last reply:

You don't get stuns? Isn't that what the counter is? Whenever someone mentions something about Mara's the knee-jerk response seems to be "Just stun him lawls l2p" as if there is no Stun immunity, stun breakers, or every class in the game is effected just as negatively by stuns.

If you were serious, my point still stands, as you are the same flavor of bad that refuses to know your enemy.

If you weren't serious... Well it really isn't the fault of the class that you and/or the bads on your team can't L2Resolve.

Sorry, but I stopped arguing with you because it seemed to me you were serious in your last reply:

If you were serious, my point still stands, as you are the same flavor of bad that refuses to know your enemy.

If you weren't serious... Well it really isn't the fault of the class that you and/or the bads on your team can't L2Resolve.

I feel like I have a pretty solid grasp on maurader, but I'm always willing to learn. What makes my statement so wrong? Is it that your stun is channeled, so that's why you don't feel like you have access to the same counter?

Or are we talking about a different move and you were looking for stealth scan to cancel the vanish? Or maybe using elemental and force on bladeward?

My only beef is with the low cooldown on GBF, and I don't really understand what counters you might be refering to outside of stun for GBF, which mauraders also have access to.

Edited by Scoobings

Your burst on your open got nerfed too hard. So your front loaded damage isn't enough to carry you till the end.That isn't a sent/maurader issue though. Your defense is suprise and stuns and makes you quite a bit more difficult to counter for a GS or Sniper.

Im pretty sure mauraders can also surprise and stun as well. The fact they can kep from dieing at 5% health long enough to kill anyone is way stronger then any other dps class has.

Face it mauraders are op now thus why everyone is rolling one. They do a ton of damage and have op defences. No use trying to defend them. They will get nerfed just as operatives did.

"99% damage reduction is not complete damage immunity"

I cracked up when I read this, must be the worst statement Iv ever seen on any Forums.. so an Ability that we usually trigger for 3-4k on you hits for between 12-20 dmg during this 5sec... must really hurt

"Since 1.2 i don't feel i'm killing any faster or dying any faster"

I guess you are either the only Mara/Sent that experience this or you simple the worst. Most in our Guild has has gone from being among mid to better to Total dmg Domination after 1.2 as Sent

Undying rage/Guarded (5sec immunity) on a DPS class is the worst ability Iv seen in an MMO, only Compared to Rifts Pyromancer Bubble ( gave CC-Imun + 30% ) and Siphon Vitality in Warhammer Online ( Healed MDPS on dmg to such an extent they could take on 5 targets & win )

Wake up Sents/Maras !! Even our best Sent says he is so OP its silly after 1.2

Rave

Your post history definitely doesn't make it look like you have a sentinel/marauder. Could you explain to us your typical rotation of how you go about killing people to prove otherwise?

Your post history definitely doesn't make it look like you have a sentinel/marauder. Could you explain to us your typical rotation of how you go about killing people to prove otherwise?

Hold on, give him some time to google the mara forums and look for a good rotation XD

I like that no one ever mentions what happens after guarded with the force ends.

(...the sentinel/marauder dies nearly instantly.) If only you could've ... I dunno... Stunned him when he hit his Immunity button and -then- used your hard hitting ability when it was over.

I like that no one ever mentions what happens after guarded with the force ends.

(...the sentinel/marauder dies nearly instantly.) If only you could've ... I dunno... Stunned him when he hit his Immunity button and -then- used your hard hitting ability when it was over.

Thanks, that hasn't already been addressed here ad naseum. If you're actually interested, you can look back earlier in the thread and see why that arguement is flawed.

On a side note, I have to say, because this is on the forums a lot right now, I really hope they don't touch their damage. If they nerf their damage the class will be beyond stupid useless. That's the same too if the adjustment they make to their defenses are too heavy handed. IMO, BW needs to look at the nerfs the average player is suggesting and then dial them down to like 20% of what they actually ask for.

Edited by Scoobings

This one is aimed at all the short-sighted Marauders/Sents that are fearful of a nerf, as that would mean they'd need to re-roll again (maybe to a PT as they seem to be doing quite well)

I've always said marauder/sent damage is fine, i want no changes to that, they are meant to dish out some hurt.....

What they do need is to lose the Undying rage/Guarded by the force as it is far, far too OP.

This is where all the biased Sents/Maras seem to completely miss the point, and they may say that "oh but thats been in the game since the start"......To this i say, yes it has, and it never should have been in the first place, it has no business being on any class, let alone a DPS one, but aside from that, the recent changes to expertise drastically lowering the TTK make this ability even more out of control.

5 seconds of complete damage immunity is stupid, especially given the amount of damage being thrown out now. You say the ability hasnt been changed, and maybe it hasnt theoretically, but its effectiveness has certainly increased with recent changes.

As a biased Sent/Mara player, I think what we are scared of is not a nerf, but a nerf to something worse than we were pre 1.2 when everybody was saying the class was broken. You're right, I don't want to re-roll. I rolled a Sent at launch, and a Marauder at 1.2 not because they were FOTM, but because that is the vision I see for my character's story. I play a lot of PVP, but I also care about my toon's story, and see my character as a "lightsaber master" in my childish fantasies... Nerf us too hard, and you kill the class. I'll be the first to admit, we are racking up the damage right now, and you at least seem to realize we SHOULD be, because that is literally the ONLY thing we can do. What is annoying, is that people keep filling the forums with lists of our defensive CDs, without listing the abilities they have to mitigate them, as though we have all these defensive CDs, and evrybody else has a bunch of empty spaces on their toolbars. People also seem to ignore some of the basic mechanics, like being able to attack at range. Melee and ranged are not two interchangable styles, ranged is an advantage, melee is a limitation. We have defensive CDs to compensate for the fact that whenever we are dealing damage, we are also taking damage. Which is not true of other classes.

You want to nerf GBTF/UR? Make it 3 seconds instead of 5. Make it so we can't be healed during. I can live with that. But people want to take away a melee dps class's ability to do damage, sorry that's not balance.

I realize you start your post by saying you have no problem with our damage output. But you are also calling us short-sighted, just being clear that the bulk of the post we read are from people who just lost a 1v1 melee fight to one of us, and don't think they should have.

We have defensive CDs to compensate for the fact that whenever we are dealing damage, we are also taking damage. Which is not true of other classes.

Assasins have less cooldowns and they are melee and tank.

Powertech/Vanguards have two? defensive cooldowns and they can tank.

The list goes on, Marauders have WAY to many defensive abilities combined with that stupid damage.

And they aren't even a tank!

Edited by Scerge

Assasins have less cooldowns and they are melee and tank.

Powertech/Vanguards have two? defensive cooldowns and they can tank.

The list goes on, Marauders have WAY to many defensive abilities combined with that stupid damage.

And they aren't even a tank!

/facepalm

Thanks, that hasn't already been addressed here ad naseum. If you're actually interested, you can look back earlier in the thread and see why that arguement is flawed.

On a side note, I have to say, because this is on the forums a lot right now, I really hope they don't touch their damage. If they nerf their damage the class will be beyond stupid useless. That's the same too if the adjustment they make to their defenses are too heavy handed. IMO, BW needs to look at the nerfs the average player is suggesting and then dial them down to like 20% of what they actually ask for.

Amen. Or just bring us back to pre 1.2, where the good players were still racking up damage in the WZs (Cause that's what a pure damage class should do) and the bads were just terribad. I would even support a slight nerf to GBTF/UR as I have said before, but you can't take all the defensive CDs from a class that wears medium armor, can't heal (yeah yeah, watchman/annihilation can give 10-20k per WZ, that's like a couple medpacs), and by default has to run INTO fights to be effective. Take away our defensive CDs, and all we are is a sniper, without cover or a gun.

Amen. Or just bring us back to pre 1.2, where the good players were still racking up damage in the WZs (Cause that's what a pure damage class should do) and the bads were just terribad. I would even support a slight nerf to GBTF/UR as I have said before, but you can't take all the defensive CDs from a class that wears medium armor, can't heal (yeah yeah, watchman/annihilation can give 10-20k per WZ, that's like a couple medpacs), and by default has to run INTO fights to be effective. Take away our defensive CDs, and all we are is a sniper, without cover or a gun.

You'd have nifty glow-noodles though.

I expect to see GBTF/UR receive a 3 min cooldown or require 30 stacks of fury / centering.

I laugh at all these comments about how marauders/sents need this ability because they are melee. There are tons of melee chars in the game and none of them have such a powerful ability.

All of you who have rerolled to be FOTM might as well move on to the next flavor, the rest of the players who play a marauder because they enjoy the class will keep on playing while the others will be going from 1-50 on a diff toon.

:wea_03::wea_03:

Edited by tynt

Hi all,

We've had to remove several posts from this thread for going off topic. As a reminder, we ask that the community continue to use this thread to discuss the topic of balance. If you encounter anyone who you believe to be disruptive or believe is violating our Forum Rules, we ask that you use the Report function to report their posts to the attention of the Community Team.

Thanks!

All of you who have rerolled to be FOTM might as well move on to the next flavor, the rest of the players who play a marauder because they enjoy the class while the others will be going from 1-50 on a diff toon.

:wea_03::wea_03:

And thats exactly what will happen hopefully, can't wait to see them nerfed and all the people calling non maras bad will be back at the bottom of the pile with no leverage over people.

And their once huge voices will blend into the wind and be forgotten.

Edited by Scerge

maybe a socs bubble should cost them 10% health every time they cast it.

This argument is so lame it's incredible people even still use it. The health cost is completely negated when the mara/sent is below 1000 health for example.

And thats exactly what will happen hopefully, can't wait to see them nerfed and all the people calling non maras bad will be back at the bottom of the pile with no leverage over people.

And their once huge voices will blend into the wind and be forgotten.

You don't seem to get that the "can't wait to see them nerfed" IS the "huge voice". But dont' worry, your voice won't blend into the wind, it will just go towards asking for a nerf on whichever class beats you in your next WZ.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.