1.2.1a Patch notes

TJemegency

So you think somehow they have fixes for all this stuff and are just holding them back? Also who gives a rats behind about using emotes in a vehicle. For pete's sake there are major game stopping bugs and all you can complain about is not being able to emote in a vehicle? Also whats wrong with the sound? Works fine on my computer. This was an emergency fix for something that could not wait and obviously was easily rectified. You act like they have these fixes and just refuse to release them.

I think since you are the expert you should apply at Bioware. seems like you know everything about everything and should be able to fix all the issues facing this game in one patch.

No. I think they should have the freaking fixes they SAY they have in the patch notes. THEY said this stuff was fixed. If you haven't encountered the sound bug, you're lucky. It happens to EVERYONE in my guild. And even you know how many huge bugs there are...yet you're pleased that all they fixed was THIS? You act like there's one dude working on this game...we've been told there were "teams" (implying multiple people in multiple groups). I expect SOME of those teams to accomplish something daily.

My ability to see the problems that exist and demand more for my money than we've been getting, certainly don't mean I'm capable of being a programmer for Bioware...but I appreciate you thinking I'd be good at it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And frankly, thinking more about, I for one will be angry if there are not bans/suspensions made to the players who used this exploit. It is blatantly obvious that it was not intended and it has severe economic repercussions.

This is absolutely what happened. The pet would sell for 3k almost and you could buy it back for 1 credit. Then resell it. Keep doing that soon you will have a ton of money. Now multiply that by everyone this weekend who would find out and abuse it. Talking billions of credits into the economy.

Bravo then Bioware for putting a stop to it before it got out of hand.

Wonder what happened the the credits of those who already did this?

Edited by Celwinn

How would that be any different from what anyone could do with any old item which sold to the vendor for 2K or so?

You can sell other things for 2k then buy it back for 1 credit? You havent been doing this right? Because that is considered exploiting. You should report stuff like this.

How about fixing the sound issues that nearly everyone in my guild is having? Sound starts cutting out in sporadic ways after about 1/2 to 1 hour of play, exiting from the game is the only fix. If they seriously don't get this fixed soon, I'm considering icing the account, all the nerfs have made playing my class not fun as well.

You can sell other things for 2k then buy it back for 1 credit? You havent been doing this right? Because that is considered exploiting. You should report stuff like this.

No, I hadn't even thought of the idea of using it to make money until now. I've certainly accidentally sold things and been able to buy them back for next to nothing, though I don't remember if it was one credit.

My reaction to your post was just that, gee, I've been able to buy other items back inexpensively before, so if the activity you reported really was the exploit, why has it not been an exploit before which was being abused?

EDIT: The other thing that I'm curious about is as to what particular part of the ToS would actually prohibit that kind of behavior? Don't get me wrong, even if it were explicitly permitted I'd have no interest in it. Where's the fun in that compared to crafting, selling on the GTN like it's a business, etc.? Nonetheless, the academic side of me is curious as to what wording might prohibit something that at least on its surface seems like a basic game mechanic.

Edited by Skolops

No, I hadn't even thought of the idea of using it to make money until now. I've certainly accidentally sold things and been able to buy them back for next to nothing, though I don't remember if it was one credit.

My reaction to your post was just that, gee, I've been able to buy other items back inexpensively before, so if the activity you reported really was the exploit, why has it not been an exploit before which was being abused?

Because you cannot buy back the item for 1 credit. This item had a database error which listed its buyback price at 1 credit. So in about a half of a second you can make 2500 creds. Now think about 1 million + people all doing this. I bet if you look the item you sold to the vendor doesnt buyback for less than what you sold it originally for. Those items are supposed to have a 0 value.

Because you cannot buy back the item for 1 credit. This item had a database error which listed its buyback price at 1 credit. So in about a half of a second you can make 2500 creds. Now think about 1 million + people all doing this. I bet if you look the item you sold to the vendor doesnt buyback for less than what you sold it originally for. Those items are supposed to have a 0 value.

I'll check next time I'm on. :) I had also added this, btw:

EDIT: The other thing that I'm curious about is as to what particular part of the ToS would actually prohibit that kind of behavior? Don't get me wrong, even if it were explicitly permitted I'd have no interest in it. Where's the fun in that compared to crafting, selling on the GTN like it's a business, etc.? Nonetheless, the academic side of me is curious as to what wording might prohibit something that at least on its surface seems like a basic game mechanic.

"General Rules and Guidelines

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."

For me it would be very obvious. An exploit is action unintended by the developers. I do not think they intended for people to sell gifts for 2500 creds just to buy back that gift for 1 cred. That means you profit 2499 creds every time. You could make quit a bit of creds this way. This was not intended to be. Buyback is to get things back you accidentally sold or changed your mind on. You have to refund all the money you got for the item plus a small fee to get it back. The gift should have a 0 value so it is unable to be sold.

I was dead serious in my previous post. I don't use the GTN, and don't know many people who do. On my server, where there's 150+ people on Fleet at any given moment, you'll see maybe five people at the GTN. The game simply does not cultivate a player economy, at all. The only people who partake are the ones who do so because they simply want to, not because there's any driving purpose to do so. I'm fairly confident, based on my many years of cynicism, that when talking about a number of people doing something because they want to, and not because they're driven to do so by game mechanics, that that number is going to be pretty small.

If there was a real player economy, do you think Legacy would have been designed to just be a lot of huge credit sinks? Really think about that for a moment.

On the flip side, every single person I know in game has had sound issues since 1.2 (all jokes aside, that number is far more than the five people I see at any given time at the GTN on Fleet). Which is why I think it's far more important to fix. /shrug

Sound issues here... and it starts the minute I log in. Mostly missing sounds.

And graphics glitches galore (Ashara runs with lightsabers always out, or lightsabers disappear entirely, I never sit in my seat when going from planet to planet in my ship...Im always sitting on air in the hallway)....

But all those are minor compared to the hugely annoying bug of having to un-equip and re-equip my companions everytime I get off my speeder, zone into a different zone, recall ......

who gets a limited item/pet in the mail, and the first thing they do is run to a vendor and try to sell it?

Most likely this was discovered on accident. Oops I sold my pet ok well Ill buy it back. Hmm only 1 cred...Wonder if I can keep doing this...

I'm with the others, not sure where some of you get that there is no in game economy. I sell stuff on the GTN on BOTH factions daily. It almost always goes quickly. Especially companion gifts and crafting materials. I've made enough credits from selling those gifts and crafted materials to feed 4 seperate crafting professions on 4 characters. One has max crafting (400 armormech). 3 others (who are sub 25) all have upper 300's crafting. All fed by the in game economy on the GTN.

4 hours for this seems excessive.

Thanks Mr. Expertprogrammer.

Maybe help us all out and send them a quick e-mail explaining how fast it should take and your strategies for streamlining their bug fixing process.

Communication isn't their strong point, a lot of their patch notes are lacking in depth or conciseness.

For exploits it's usually not something they want everyone to see and attempt when they bring the servers back up so it tends to not be in full detail...

4 hours can seem excessive, but depending on the severity and time of discovery of the problem it might not even be enough. They first need to be notified of the problem, then reproduce it on their side, decides to take off the servers and come up with at least a stopper solution to prevent it from happening again so they can work on fixing it for good. All at the same time they need to ensure the problem isn't widespread elsewhere in the game and can be exploited in a similar fashion so they don't just stop one and gain another. Most importantly though, is that they have to check to see if their "fixes" whether temporary or permanent will break anything else in the game. Again, breaking their own game isn't what most developers want to do on a regular basis.

A lot of things to do, in a very short period of time.

I was dead serious in my previous post. I don't use the GTN, and don't know many people who do. On my server, where there's 150+ people on Fleet at any given moment, you'll see maybe five people at the GTN. The game simply does not cultivate a player economy, at all. The only people who partake are the ones who do so because they simply want to, not because there's any driving purpose to do so. I'm fairly confident, based on my many years of cynicism, that when talking about a number of people doing something because they want to, and not because they're driven to do so by game mechanics, that that number is going to be pretty small.

If there was a real player economy, do you think Legacy would have been designed to just be a lot of huge credit sinks? Really think about that for a moment.

On the flip side, every single person I know in game has had sound issues since 1.2 (all jokes aside, that number is far more than the five people I see at any given time at the GTN on Fleet). Which is why I think it's far more important to fix. /shrug

I think you're full of it. I have no sound issue. And the economy is far more important than simply turning off sounds.