WH Gear pricing = too much?

Delease

It just hit me the other day how many warzone matches it is going to take to get one piece of war hero gear without ranked wz and honestly, this needs to be addressed.

You are seriously looking at 70-100 wz matches to get one piece of gear without ranked wz in game. This imho is horrendous. I am not one of those people that want welfare epics but at the same time I can see when something is just a joke.

Lower the cost of war hero gear for the time being. I understand business wise it is the whole chasing the carrot thing but the amount of grinding having to be put into this is excessive.

For instance, main hand is around 3400 ranked warzone comms. Say you average 110 comms a match ( that is if you win every match ), you are looking at 92 ish warzones to get your main hand. Now you have to consider you are not going to win every match, you are not going to max out comms every match either. Then you factor in the queue time varying from 1 minute to up to 20 miinutes ( in my experience ).

This is insanely excessive, to the point it is a negative. I don't know about alot of you but I just finally got one one piece of WH gear, then I looked at my comm sheet & the cost of my next piece of gear...I log out.

This is not about being "hardcore" or anything. This is just unhealthy actually & a bad way to string along subscriptions until ranked warzones are ready to be implemented ( not bringing up how shady iit was to not implement them in last minute either )

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhmm yeah, you can buy the rated comms for 30 WZ tokens each for 1 Rated right ? maybe the price on those tokens is a little high, and should be reduced. I do not even bother with 'daily' WZ wins - if you get the 3 wins in a row, or within a hour or two, good for u !

Otherwise, I can't even be bothered adding it to my list of quests any more, just so I can win a poultry 99 comms, that I make just as easy by playing WZ anyway just for the fun of it. Not too fussed with not gaining the extra 99 rated and un rated comms for any particular day anyway.

you can convert wz coms to ranked wz coms. i already have the implants and the earpiece, and i'm only valor 67 and just recently finished the ez-mode battlemaster grind. with the recent changes to rewards (brought about by the everyone gets a trophy generation) this has been made that much easier.

i'm just kidding, OP. tell me how easy you want the warhero grind to be, and i'll forward your suggestions to the dev department. we'll get this fixed soon, i swear.

Way too much, I grinded out 3 pieces. it took me around 270 warzones. that is a lot of warzones, and Im not even close to being full WH. for 270 WZ's I should be nearly done with my set. I refuse to log on anymore.

Way too much, I grinded out 3 pieces. it took me around 270 warzones. that is a lot of warzones, and Im not even close to being full WH. for 270 WZ's I should be nearly done with my set. I refuse to log on anymore.

I gave up with my sniper. I got one piece then I look at my comms sitting at 17 and just use him to crew skill mule

you can convert wz coms to ranked wz coms. i already have the implants and the earpiece, r.

Wow the implants AND the ear piece. to bad those are the cheapest things. you still have another 900 warzones to grind, good luck with your sanity!

This.

Do the Dailies and Weekly and it's an extra 792 wz/rank a week.

It's really not that bad. I already have one piece and I was still getting BM stuff.

Its a bit more than that. Excelled this out really quick. This assumes:

1. That you convert all WZ commendations to Ranked

2. Average of 95 commendations per match (High of 140 for a win low of 50 for a loss)

3. Played the minimal amount of games played to earn all dailies and the one weekly = 21

You do get 792 for the dailies and weeklies, but you also have to add up all of the comms you get for winning/losing the wz. At a very minimum (once again assuming that you have earned all daily and weekly awards during a given week) you will get an additional 1995 wz comms. Convert those and add them to your weekly total and and thats 1622 ranked/week. That's a relic, ear piece or implant a week or roughly half the # for the weapons.

Far from a perfect formula but it gives you a better idea.

Edited by kamesama

Im going to say this for the millionth time, BW will not release rated until the majority of people have full war hero. This is why they made the gear grind so long. They have no intention of implementing rated for the next 3 months minimum

I honestly don't think the intent was for everyone to be completely WH gear before rated WZ's were ready. I believe it was a temporary fix implemented prior to rated so you could obtain SOME WH gear before rated. Unless I misunderstood what was posted when the delay to rated was announced.

Personally I PVP to PVP, I don't PVP to get OMGz!!! the NEW GEAR!!!

There are many times where I hit the comms limit for wz comms because I don't check how many I have every other match. I PVP for the fun of it.

It's when you are just PVP'ing to get to the gear that it seems like a grind. I have 2 pieces already, and should have a 3rd soon... but that isn't why I'm going to log in an play tonight, I'll log in to PVP with my guildies.

They could have taken them out when they yanked rateds, but then the thread title here would be "Nothing to spend my comms on, BW you suck at adding new armorz to buy!!"

I honestly don't think the intent was for everyone to be completely WH gear before rated WZ's were ready.

If I am wrong where is the announcement for rated, as I recall they said they will be bringing rated out in stages. Where is stage 1? where is an announcement for stage 1? *** IS stage 1! give me a break, Rated WZ's will come out in the next big patch when conquerer gear gets released. end of story. They will drop the rating requirements for War hero gear and give us what we want 4 months too late.

Wow the implants AND the ear piece. to bad those are the cheapest things. you still have another 900 warzones to grind, good luck with your sanity!

you missed the point entirely. you are also pretty bad at math. i hope you are on my server and are someone who puts things up on the market.

There are many times where I hit the comms limit for wz comms because I don't check how many I have every other match. "

Calling BS here. The comm limit is 2000 and the most you get per match is 150 (assuming you always win and max out medals). Factor in buying healing/expertise adrenals and you have to at least look at the number you have. So, if you hit your limit at that point, then you're doing on purpose.

Edited by thefishdude

The grind is a Tad too long. IMO should be 10 rated for 20 reg. Still I think they are doing it so casuals can catch up and give the hardcore something to do. I have 4 pieces. Gloves legs boots and ear halfway to my next implant. Its a grind but i still enjoy pvp now that I switched to Pyro.

you missed the point entirely. you are also pretty bad at math. i hope you are on my server and are someone who puts things up on the market.

Why, so you could buy my stuff off the auction house? omg dont do that! How am I bad at math, you dont think you will need to play 900+ warzones to get full War Hero in the games current state?

okay you got me! YOU only need to do 10 WZ's because your special.

I got WH saber and boots, going for offhand right now. It seems to take longer than expected but the rate of getting comms is about 1/3. In fact I actually expect to win more often in rated RZs because I solo queue and seem to run into premades every time which are difficult to win against. In theory I should run into them less often if the ranked WZ works like it's suppose to (match PUG versus PUG), and if not, well, it's no different than what it is now.

As far as I can tell saber + offhand + boot X 3 should get you close to a full set (2 of those are the most expensive pieces by far), so the grind isn't that bad if there are actually ranked WZs to play in.