Discussion Regarding April 27th, 2012 Maintenance

fushnchips

- Fixed

Taun Taun I chose you

Rakghoul has been defeated

Can you find the 7 masters and battle them for your badges

Hmmm I will have to rig my CE Mouse droid ( known as sharky) with a Laser on his head for this! :D

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it would be nice to know what is going to be fixed right if they can take the time to write that why not put a little more on why instead of adding it later.

Why would it be nice? As in, what purpose would it serve you to know? Also, that 4 hours is about .11 cents of your subscription cost ...

Why would it be nice? As in, what purpose would it serve you to know? Also, that 4 hours is about .11 cents of your subscription cost ...

What some ppl who cannot fathom there is more then the dark basement somewhere in eastern USA that this affects ppl in Europe in the middle of the Saturday if im not mistaken, so like us, well us with families, jobs, lives beside asking for more cookies from mom. Weekends are time from work to relax and play.

Bad timing and implementation on BioWares part for not foreseeing problems that are easy to spot a mile away, as well as server maintenance should be separate on EU and NA servers as well as OC ones too, there is no link from xserver wz's or xserver lfg to interfere, its just they cannot figure out why they only installed one server off switch for the entire REAL world and cant turn off EU and Na separately. This is why its a big deal that they go down for 4 hours in the middle of the day for some.

Every week 2 times a week at peak times we are losing 4hours of play and bioware can't even put a note what maintenance is required they are just lazy they know why the servers are going down now why can't they tell us before the work is done because we are all paying to play and when they do this on a Friday night when lots of people are off work it sucks.

It says specifically what its for. To deploy a patch. And 2am isn't peak play time. Thats nightowl play time.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comment

But it would be nice to know what is going to be fixed right if they can take the time to write that why not put a little more on why instead of adding it later.

Why put up the reason? There will just be qq'ers crying that it's not a good enough reason to interupt their play time. If they put up a reason what would that change? If the reason was, "Gotta shut down the servers, back up the data base, take out a couple faulty sticks of RAM that are causing some performance issues on our side and boot everything back up", would that make it better? I bet if they posted that as a reason you'd have tons of people crying and whining that it wasn't a good enough reason and that they should do it some other time to not impact those particular players. Knowing why they come down doesn't change that fact that in BW's opinion they need to come down for maintenance.

Maintenance, it happens, deal.

oh i thought its a post from developer cause im sure they think exactly the same

what peak time we re doing it in middle of night!!!

oh wait we got european players ? who cares

wait, you mean an american company does it's server maintenance based on what country they are in? :eek:

shocker!!!

It says specifically what its for. To deploy a patch. And 2am isn't peak play time. Thats nightowl play time.

American who believes there is nothing in the world besides himself.

FYI Timezones exist and they mean that something that happens at 2am your time can be happening at 10am in another zone, but at the same time, mind**** huh

Here for your information to releave the ignorance in these threads

Time Zone and how they affect others besides just lil ole you

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude - quote

wait, you mean an american company does it's server maintenance based on what country they are in? :eek:

shocker!!!

What i think i know of a company that takes timezones in to account and separates NA servers and EU servers and do maintenance at different times.

Na i must be dreaming that is just not possible otherwise BioWare would have had 7 years to look at this as an example of what to do. So this "company" must not exist because this is the first MMO ever on the interweb and we have to let BIOWARE make mistakes because they have no one to learn from.

What i think i know of a company that takes timezones in to account and separates NA servers and EU servers and do maintenance at different times.

Na i must be dreaming that is just not possible otherwise BioWare would have had 7 years to look at this as an example of what to do. So this "company" must not exist because this is the first MMO ever on the interweb and we have to let BIOWARE make mistakes because they have no one to learn from.

I see what you did there. ;)

American who believes there is nothing in the world besides himself.

FYI Timezones exist and they mean that something that happens at 2am your time can be happening at 10am in another zone, but at the same time, mind**** huh

Here for your information to releave the ignorance in these threads

Time Zone and how they affect others besides just lil ole you

I was going to go with Bioware's quote on selecting a time when the servers seem to be the least active for the patching/maintenance. Then I remembered that would bring a logical reason to why they are doing what they do and that kind of stuff is simply frowned upon by the masses around here.

If this other hypothetical company does things so much better, you should go and play their hypothetical game.

Agreed. There's no reason they can't have separate down times by the regions. In fact, that they DON'T do this is very amateurish and shows a misunderstanding of their product and customer base.

Your beef is not when they have the downtime. It's the fact that they don't have separate servers for NA and EU. Wrong thread my friend.

Since I haven't seen any sign of mass outrage on the boards about some game critical bug that's completely breaking gameplay, I'd assume the unscheduled outtage is due to some exploit. Just about anything else can easily wait 4 days or so until the next regularly scheduled maintenance.

As such:

1. Of course it's going to come down as soon as possible to limit the amount of time the exploit can be abused

2. Of course they aren't going to announce the nature of the exploit they are fixing, to prevent more people knowing about it and thus abusing it.

(edit: All that said, it's of course possible that other stuff they have in & ready will slip in with the exploit fix)

Edited by GnatB

I was going to go with Bioware's quote on selecting a time when the servers seem to be the least active for the patching/maintenance. Then I remembered that would bring a logical reason to why they are doing what they do and that kind of stuff is simply frowned upon by the masses around here.

Ya, don't try logic here.

I like how 10 am is primetime for Europe. Makes me smile. I've been on at that time and it's easily the least populated time.

What some ppl who cannot fathom there is more then the dark basement somewhere in eastern USA that this affects ppl in Europe in the middle of the Saturday if im not mistaken, so like us, well us with families, jobs, lives beside asking for more cookies from mom. Weekends are time from work to relax and play.

I'm assuming the OP is Australian. As I understand timezones, patch will be hitting EU Friday morning/afternoon. Thursday night/early Friday morning for us PDT'ers. (i.e. in about 10 hours from now)

Again its not like EU server and NA servers are hosted in THE SAME PLACE. NA ones are hosted in USA, EU ones in Ireland and other places, so they could take them down at different times.

And the majority is barely in the USA, 1.2 mil sold in USA, 800,000 in Europe and 290,000 Asia, so that means that USA hold sales of 1,200,000 of 2,290,000 or 52.4% of sales. OHH wait i forgot Oceanic players bought from NA as well and on NA servers till this week cause BIoWare didnt foresee selling to Aussies. And wait even more, soon to be even more sale to 39 more countries in Europe and the Middle East.

Your Aristotelian universe model is out dated and were going all Copernican on your ***.

(for the small minded out there I'm referring the USA to thinking they are the center of the universe and the actual realization that it is not.)

How that for logic for ya.

Edited by Xeox