The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which product? I hope you're not talking about WoW, as it still has over 10 million subs, and Blizzard stipulated that the WoW dev team was not affected.

I also think it's more profound than people give credit that even Blizzard acknowledged that they are losing subs to TOR.

I am talking about WoW. It's terrible compared to what it used to be. 10 million people - 8 million of them Asian farmers.

Moreover, Diablo 3 is going to be a fiasco. Just wait and see. I'm shocked they are releasing it based on my beta experiences. Then again, they basically gave it away for free. nice way to handle your franchise. 600k pre-sales to date. Well done Blizzard, Bioware and EA are working diligently to fail just as hard, unfortunately.

Here's some good news:

Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one.

I am talking about WoW. It's terrible compared to what it used to be. 10 million people - 8 million of them Asian farmers.

Moreover, Diablo 3 is going to be a fiasco. Just wait and see. I'm shocked they are releasing it based on my beta experiences. Then again, they basically gave it away for free. nice way to handle your franchise. 600k pre-sales to date. Well done Blizzard, Bioware and EA are working diligently to fail just as hard, unfortunately.

Really dude, terrible compared to what? Its better the tor in every way. The Blindness on these forums baffles me.

Take china out of that equation now what's the population left at?

Are you trying to say that if not for gold farmers wow would be empty? Yet it has many high pop servers and the standard/medium servers actually feel populated. People that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, lol at this community bashing wow, the current king of mmos STILL, while there game is failing

Here's some good news:

Good news? When does it stop, people were saying 1.2 was going to save the game, now everyone is on to 1.3 already.......Huh I see a trend. mean while TERA is coming out next week with GW2 not far being, then we have mists of Pandora, # finial nails in the coffin

Darth Sarcasm says: REOPEN SWG! :p

Now, I think that actually adding in SOCIAL classes like Entertainers in SWG would be nice, it would also boost how people get to know each other, by dragging everyone to one specific spot. what makes me stick to a MMO is the friends I meet on them. I also liked SWG's idea of the crafting system, because you could not get any good-end gear from vendors (excluding afew) and you had to rely solely on traders to get items, further promoting player-run economy and also dragging people together.

Now, I think that actually adding in SOCIAL classes like Entertainers in SWG would be nice, it would also boost how people get to know each other, by dragging everyone to one specific spot. what makes me stick to a MMO is the friends I meet on them. I also liked SWG's idea of the crafting system, because you could not get any good-end gear from vendors (excluding afew) and you had to rely solely on traders to get items, further promoting player-run economy and also dragging people together.

good stuff +1

Are you trying to say that if not for gold farmers wow would be empty? Yet it has many high pop servers and the standard/medium servers actually feel populated. People that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, lol at this community bashing wow, the current king of mmos STILL, while there game is failing

Oh you are quite right. There is a lot more kids playing WoW than ever before.

Good news? When does it stop, people were saying 1.2 was going to save the game, now everyone is on to 1.3 already.......Huh I see a trend. mean while TERA is coming out next week with GW2 not far being, then we have mists of Pandora, # finial nails in the coffin

And the whine happening already in GW2 chat with beta going on is actually revealing that player-hyped game for what it really is. I never did buy into the hype about that game.

I'd bet good money that if they ended up bring back SWG and calling it SWG Classic namely running it with the Pre-CU system that it would get upwards of a few million subs at this point.

And the whine happening already in GW2 chat with beta going on is actually revealing that player-hyped game for what it really is. I never did buy into the hype about that game.

I don't buy into hype to any game, hence why I wated until a week ago to pick SWToR. Don't get me wrong I played Rift from beta until amonth ago but it wasn't hype that got me into that game. I was actually looking for information on the Rifts pen & paper RPG to see if there was any talks on making an MMO out of that and Rift popped up.

I'd bet good money that if they ended up bring back SWG and calling it SWG Classic namely running it with the Pre-CU system that it would get upwards of a few million subs at this point.

Yeah... Ive been thinking LA would be making better money if they left SWG open, because most people, including me, would be subbed to both games.

Let's not go over board. lol

There are lessons to be learned from SWG however that could be applied here.

I don't buy into hype to any game, hence why I wated until a week ago to pick SWToR. Don't get me wrong I played Rift from beta until amonth ago but it wasn't hype that got me into that game. I was actually looking for information on the Rifts pen & paper RPG to see if there was any talks on making an MMO out of that and Rift popped up.

Haha! When I first heard of RIFT, I was excited because I thought it was Rifts in an MMO. I was let down whenI found out otherwise, but I still played it. Wasn't too bad... just didn't really like it because it was the same old tired Tolkien-like fantasy that's now been waaayyyy too overdone.

So much so, I'm having trouble getting into Skyrim...

Indeed, I would LOVE to see a revival of the crafting system, and also the multi-passenger vehicles :p

yes the crafting system was very good. So was the entertainer stuff. It's nice to have content away from combat sometimes and encouraged socializing.

Haha! When I first heard of RIFT, I was excited because I thought it was Rifts in an MMO. I was let down whenI found out otherwise, but I still played it. Wasn't too bad... just didn't really like it because it was the same old tired Tolkien-like fantasy that's now been waaayyyy too overdone.

So much so, I'm having trouble getting into Skyrim...

I really wish Kevin Sembieda would pull his head out of you know what and jump on the MMO bandwagon. Oh did you know that he tried suing Trion over the name of their game?

I really wish Kevin Sembieda would pull his head out of you know what and jump on the MMO bandwagon. Oh did you know that he tried suing Trion over the name of their game?

I bet that didn't go his way. According to copyright laws, the lack of an "s" makes it a different logo.

Yet it well illustrates how well a transfer will work, and how merges would break it. Transfers>merges with the current TOR population.

How do you figure? A full server merge is the only way to go. Take low populated servers merge them all together to form one health server. Transfers do nothing but exacerbate the issue. Everyone and their grandmother will want to transfer to the 3 servers that have a high population thus killing every other server out there. We can see how well giving people a choice has worked out in the past for MMO's why continue down that road?

Yeah the beta testers aren't being kind that is for sure; well that's what you get when you mix Korean art style and horrible voice acting.