list of standard MMO features that are absent in this game

xioix

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least I am happy this thread got to 8 pages and no one said swimming. Because swimming sucks.

Swanning.... wait, I'm not doing this right.

I don't want the stander MMO features to be honest. Forcing this game to be closer to WoW or RIFT is a terrible terrible idea. I'm loving swtor at the moment and this is literally 3 days in... 3 days!! The look and feel of this game is unparalleled for something which I see so much potential in.

Actually I hope they leave this. It is perfectly functional as it is for people looking to buy something...what this does is prevent resellers from simply mass searching for cheap items to rip others off with by reposting at a higher price. Sure they can search by category, but it will take more time.

If you like playing economic strategy games, go and do that. Gets old hearing "that is how I like to play" being thrown around as an excuse for abusing the system and ripping other players off.

And no, I don't care about free market theories, it is a game, and players should have enough respect for each other to not engage in this type of BS.

Are you the one occupying The Swiftsure?

Actually I hope they leave this. It is perfectly functional as it is for people looking to buy something...what this does is prevent resellers from simply mass searching for cheap items to rip others off with by reposting at a higher price. Sure they can search by category, but it will take more time.

If you like playing economic strategy games, go and do that. Gets old hearing "that is how I like to play" being thrown around as an excuse for abusing the system and ripping other players off.

And no, I don't care about free market theories, it is a game, and players should have enough respect for each other to not engage in this type of BS.

WWOOOOWW!! just WOWOWOW!!

Get a clue!! FFS

And they almost all started out as mods.

No kidding, if you look at almost every popular thing in what WoW is now it either started off as a fan made mod or it was implemented after years and years of community input. WoW now recycles the same old crap constantly and I feel literally nothing about leaving it.

No kidding, if you look at almost every popular thing in what WoW is now it either started off as a fan made mod or it was implemented after years and years of community input. WoW now recycles the same old crap constantly and I feel literally nothing about leaving it.

Well spoken!

Resizeable UI and hotbars.

It'd ridiculous when an inventory window, characters window, map, etc. each take upmost of the real estate when open @1920x1080 and larger resolutions.

No matter what res you set the game to, the interface seems stuck in the ancient time of 600x800 screens.

Style collections like Dc Universe so you can where whatever clothing/gear you want and switch them anytime while equipted with your best armor

pretty much, why is it that you cant just where clothes over your armor??? sure they would be shredded in RL, but this is just aesthetics, cmon.

Why do people want chat bubbles and click to move?? These are two options I always look to remove when i play any game. Chat bubbles detract from the look/feel of a game, after all I don't have random white space above my head when I talk. And click to move is just lazy not to mention annoying when trying to ground target or loot.

]Why do people want chat bubbles[/b] and click to move?? These are two options I always look to remove when i play any game. Chat bubbles detract from the look/feel of a game' date=' after all I don't have random white space above my head when I talk. And click to move is just lazy not to mention annoying when trying to ground target or loot.[/quote']

For roleplaying.

Why do people want chat bubbles and click to move?? These are two options I always look to remove when i play any game. Chat bubbles detract from the look/feel of a game, after all I don't have random white space above my head when I talk. And click to move is just lazy not to mention annoying when trying to ground target or loot.

I wouldn't mind chat bubbles, it gives you a general idea of who said what without having to look up at your chat interface.

Dont know if youre trolling but ill bite. Get a clue please, youre reasoning like a baby. Abusing the system? Just because you dont know how to keep up with the market and make money doesnt mean that youre being ripped off. Whats to say that you arent ripping people off then? Are you any different when you sell something? Is there a correct set of prices to sell things for that only you know about?

The game just started please realize WOW was not the "almighty" game you see today when it came out. There are so many QQ threads out there about what is wrong, just give it some time and enjoy the game.

wow is a Old game.....shouldnt a new game be better? too much went into the "fully voiced" feature i think......left out some of the basics.

GIEF:

1 moar bar at the bottom of the screen

resizable ui

ability to move ui windows

have more than 2 ui windows open at a time

also, never, ever, ever, EVER put in a "dungeon" finder:mad:. immersion is something that SWTOR does better than ANY other mmo. putting in a dungeon finder would completely destroy that.

scarry thing is the way the devs talk, they are very anit mod in this game. Play it how they want you to or hang it up seems to be the way here

looking to start a list to help bioware become more aware of implementing some common/basic mmo features in a future patch:

* import+export ui / keybind / global settings across different characters / servers.

* camera not switching back to default position while moving.

* combat log.

* ???

/yes.

not sure what is up with the auction house..

i played around and "attempted to" sell twenty 1250+ med packs (on shadowhand) for 10 credits each on a two day auction and only sold one!

I could have sold them to the vendor for 150 each but I really wanted to see if players "knew they were there or could access player made items"

OH.. and one more thing.. not having to wait an hour to get in game would be awsome!9

Zuzi

Try going to the GTN with 20 different items you'd wish to sell. If you're going to research the prices of your competitors, which any sane individual would, you're easily occupied for half an hour.

It's tedious, far too tedious for something as mundane as this.

I thought that UI customization was the top priority until I met Mr. Auction House.

Really, i'm ok with the UI now. The AH needs an amount of love that is seems impossible to give.

Try going to the GTN with 20 different items you'd wish to sell. If you're going to research the prices of your competitors, which any sane individual would, you're easily occupied for half an hour.

It's tedious, far too tedious for something as mundane as this.

I couldn't agree with this more.

Also I don't see why for a credit fee, players couldn't re-customize there characters after creation. I mean there was even a quest line on nar shadaa that was talking about how criminals were having there faces completely re-made to avoid the law. Players should be able to get in on that action as well. And lastly......my god the queues.......Let players transfer servers to get off populated servers if they want. I'm not starting my characters over just to avoid the queues but at the same time, I joined my server on the first day of early release when there wasn't any queues. Now the server is full with wait queues from 10- 60 minimum at all times of the day. It shouldn't be that way regardless but if it is, at least offer some kind of ability for those willing to migrate to low population servers while you all work on a fix to get these atrocious queue times under control.

Edited by mavthepure

Also, this game seems to diverge greatly from gameplay to interface.

The game itself is great. The combat, the story, the quest cutscenes are very good. It makes playing the game in those respects a GREAT pleasure.

However, at least for an mmo, the "rest" of the game (UI cusomization, AH functionality, inventory functionality, skill sheet clutter etc...) is lacking.

It's a real belly drop to have such a fun time out questing or pvp'ing, only to decide to come back to base to auction things or organize yourself in general and find such a hassle to do it.

Especially considering how some functionality is expected and even established as standard in an mmo these days.