Staying in losing PVP is pointless

Gumbicus

Bioware, wth? You broke it.

Im sure this topic has been said before but.... WHY THE HELL would i waste my time in a match where im getting steamrolled by a premade and cant get a single friggen medal after 5 minutes? Stuff that i have better things to do than get nothing because i couldnt get 3 medals.

Also, people who leave like myself, when we didnt leave we get dumped into ending matches from leavers and dont have the time to get 3 medals.

You made staying pointless and made it worse. The developers said that the #1 thing requested is PVP that works yet you broke it more.

Im sure this topic has been said before but.... WHY THE HELL would i waste my time in a match where im getting steamrolled by a premade and cant get a single friggen medal after 5 minutes? Stuff that i have better things to do than get nothing because i couldnt get 3 medals.

Also, people who leave like myself, when we didnt leave we get dumped into ending matches from leavers and dont have the time to get 3 medals.

You made staying pointless and made it worse. The developers said that the #1 thing requested is PVP that works yet you broke it more.

If you play DPS, you should be able to get in one big attack in that time.

If you play heals, you should be able to get in one big heal in that time.

If you play any class that has guard, pick somone with less than full health and follow them around with your guard on them.

Premade or game mechanics have nothing to to with not being able to get 1 medal, in 5 minutes even. Regardless of class/spec.

you can get 1 medal easy

if you have heals just heal yourself for 2.5k that is a medal

no heals you can get a killing blow or a 2.5k crit

stand and defend a capped node

place gaurd on a player

its crazy how many people DO NOT read patch notes. there are a ton of people that still thinks its 3 medals. hell in that patch they buff the amount of comms for losers too.

Edited by stinkybird

Premade or game mechanics have nothing to to with not being able to get 1 medal, in 5 minutes even. Regardless of class/spec.

^This. Exaggeration will only get your opinions ignored. Losing a match is only frustrating if you let it frustrate you. Sounds like you should probably stick with PvE.

The problem is: you never see what happens after you leave.

Had such a game about 30min ago.

Alderaan. Rep randoms vs. good imp premade.

Imp premade takes 2 nodes. Three people drop instantly. Annother two drop shortly after that.

We fight on, get steamrolled. New guys join in.

One of the new guys and myself go for the right node. We take it with a suprise attack. Non stop chain suicides into the node follow for the rest of the game. We trade the left node for the middle one, hold the right with suicide runs.

At the end we win 180: 0 with randoms and zero heal vs. imp premade just by never giving up.

Keep leaving so we can turn the game around after you left. Asked one of the leavers after the game why they did it and he said he and his guildmates just want the daily to be over with, they had zero wins. Well, I was already done with my quest after three matches.

The problem is: you never see what happens after you leave.

Had such a game about 30min ago.

Alderaan. Rep randoms vs. good imp premade.

Imp premade takes 2 nodes. Three people drop instantly. Annother two drop shortly after that.

We fight on, get steamrolled. New guys join in.

One of the new guys and myself go for the right node. We take it with a suprise attack. Non stop chain suicides into the node follow for the rest of the game. We trade the left node for the middle one, hold the right with suicide runs.

At the end we win 180: 0 with randoms and zero heal vs. imp premade just by never giving up.

Keep leaving so we can turn the game around after you left. Asked one of the leavers after the game why they did it and he said he and his guildmates just want the daily to be over with, they had zero wins. Well, I was already done with my quest after three matches.

this is true in the new warzone i came into a que where people had left. we were down big 10% to 84%. the final score was 4% to 0% we won. it was epic to say the least.

your doing it wrong if you cant get 1 medal in five minutes.

i can usually get 10 in that time.

since 1.2, you go into a warzone and fart you get 3 medals.

If you can't get 1 medal in 5 minutes please do quit and let somebody who isn't useless replace you so your former team mates may have half a chance. Honestly, as others have said, if you can't get a medal in 5 minutes even against the best team in the world you need to stop PVPing.

this is true in the new warzone i came into a que where people had left. we were down big 10% to 84%. the final score was 4% to 0% we won. it was epic to say the least.

On Krayt Dragon? That just happened to me the other day... didn't think we had any quitters, though.

The only problem that remains for me is the q into a match which has just a few second left. Yesterday I joined a match, went thru a loading screen, join game, sit in lobby, game ends, go thru another loading screen. Wasted 2-3 minutes exercising my disk and wasting my time.

Faction imbalance is another topic. You don't know how bad this games pvp is until you roll republic. Seriously think you are a great player? Play republic side in hard mode.

the REAL problem is people like you.

if you are in a losing match andyou think you are gonna lose the match itself. then **** it, go farm medals, you can get a lot of medals and get all but 40 from max comms just for playing. how is getting 100 comms for stickin a match out not worth it?

people like you are the reason there is a quitting problem. i have yet to be in a match where we are losing horribly and not have it be worth my time to stay because i end up with 9-10 medals at the end. even 4-5 medals is getting you quite a bit of comms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/kracin/Screenshot_2012-04-24_18_07_15_170376.jpg

^ is a good example of what happens when a bunch of "you" 's are playing at the same time. that was a game where i joined and insta-lost before even loading. thanks to people like you

The only problem that remains for me is the q into a match which has just a few second left. Yesterday I joined a match, went thru a loading screen, join game, sit in lobby, game ends, go thru another loading screen.

And you feel you should receive something for that? Really?

P.S. You are playing a game. Playing a game IS wasting your time... ;)

On Krayt Dragon? That just happened to me the other day... didn't think we had any quitters, though.

this was on The Fatman with the server population you can imagine how many people are quitters. there is a high quitter rate with a full server 9 out of 10 matches have atleast 1 and in many cases more.

those matches that it happens to go good after the quitters leave are extremly fun to be in.

And you feel you should receive something for that? Really?

P.S. You are playing a game. Playing a game IS wasting your time... ;)

playing a game isn't wasting time.. it's entertainment.

that's like saying, sitting at the beach is wasting your time. or walking in the park is wasting your time... like the only things that aren't wastes of time are things that you end up getting a physical object at the end of doing? :eek:

this was on The Fatman with the server population you can imagine how many people are quitters. there is a high quitter rate with a full server 9 out of 10 matches have atleast 1 and in many cases more.

those matches that it happens to go good after the quitters leave are extremly fun to be in.

not always. that screenshot i posted a few posts back is on fatman. 25 imp... TWENTY FIVE! were in that match before i got tossed in right as they lost.

The only problem that remains for me is the q into a match which has just a few second left. Yesterday I joined a match, went thru a loading screen, join game, sit in lobby, game ends, go thru another loading screen. Wasted 2-3 minutes exercising my disk and wasting my time.

Faction imbalance is another topic. You don't know how bad this games pvp is until you roll republic. Seriously think you are a great player? Play republic side in hard mode.

So you want to be rewarded for joining 30 seconds from warzone end ? (i can get 2-3 medals in 30 sec anyway)

What about if the replacement guy @ football is put on the field in the last minute of the second half, where his team leads with 2-0, then he goes and brags around that he is the sole reason they won the game. Would you endorse that?

Edited by Dmasterr

playing a game isn't wasting time.. it's entertainment.

that's like saying, sitting at the beach is wasting your time. or walking in the park is wasting your time...

Sorry to say, but yes, all of those examples are wasting your time. =P

like the only things that aren't wastes of time are things that you end up getting a physical object at the end of doing?

Not necessarily...

About a week ago I get pulled in to a lost Match with about 3 minutes on a pre-50. So hit a few people.. got a few medals and I kid you not, some tool leaves with like 10 seconds left. 10 SECONDS!! I just had to know.. I /w him and asked. He ranted about why should he stick around loss after loss...

My reply to him was "But you sat through the whole match, why didn't you just wait the last few seconds and collect the loss? You missed out on Comms, Creds AND XP!" I was not rude or sarcastic. I was just trying to help him in case he did not understand. He called me a noob and asked me if I needed a friend. :eek: I no longer replied.

Some people "just don't get it".

Edited by Raific

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.