The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where did all the sorcs go?

MarsX

What do you expect, when they seriously hamper the viability of Sorc healing and eviscerate the primary PvP DPS spec?

Haha yep. Sorc specs have it really really rough right now. Healing is hard as hell, force management issues for multiple specs, and dps while good lacks burst for pvp.

Not to mention Marauders/Sents are so strong right now a lot of people are rerolling them. And thats not just sorcs. A lot of people are leveling one.

Plus there is legacy even though imo it is dumb there are people who are unlocking all that stuff.

Let's not limit it to sorcs, lets add all healing classes in the sub-50 brackets. 25 games yesterday and I think my Juggy got healed twice. Not for two matches, but literally I saw green text over my head twice. Sad Panda.

Let's not limit it to sorcs, lets add all healing classes in the sub-50 brackets. 25 games yesterday and I think my Juggy got healed twice. Not for two matches, but literally I saw green text over my head twice. Sad Panda.

That's because we're all Mad(ness) BOOM BOOM you like what I did thar? :eek::w_rolls_eyes:

I have 50 sorc and 50 marauder having fun with both in PvP, even tho my sorc severely outgears my marauder which is in recruits with a few BM pieces while Sorcs are loaded with WH stuff. Its still more difficult for me to get kills on my sorc compare to my marauder.

I am in process leveling a PT now which is level 42 atm, in pre-50 PvP bracket I too have rarely gotten any heals but I have gotten plenty heals from Marauders tho.

Just ask your self one simple question:

What does a Sorcerer bring to the table that other classes don't do better?

-Weakest PvP healer.

-Weakest DPS class.

-Hard counter is Marauder/Assassin/Operative and all tanks. What % of WZ have those AC?

The only 'real' value they bring is a bag full of gimmicks!

Edited by Cempa

Yeah most MMo developers like to take the high horse and bring em down, but they usually don't kill em. I don't PVP much, but it is crazy how they go from great to unusable. I hate to ever say a class was killed by nerfs. It is usually just an over reaction, but I gotta tip my hat to these devs. When they nerf they kill a class.

My server is over run with Operative//smuggler healers. 2 to 3 on an opposing team is a nightmare. (It's actually rare to get into a group that has -0- healers on Dreshdae)

Healing spec is tough to play right now...for any class really.

Madness lacks burst.

Marauders are OP in general so people are rerolling.

Games like TERA, D3, TSW and GW2 are out/on the horizon.

People are leveling alts for legacy.

Sorcs have quit just to general lacklusterness post 1.2 patch.

Did I miss any reasons?

Flavor of the Month players and the hardcore power-gamers will always flock to the class with the most mechanical advantage. Once a change is made to bring that class down to a more 'balanced' power level, those players leave and find the next class that's somewhat out of balance. It's the nature of MMO gaming. These players lack the desire, or maybe skill, to adapt to a new play style and will jump ship to the next 'easy mode' class. A small subset of players in each class is truly dedicated to that class for reasons other than mechanical strength in one or more aspects of the game. I'm glad to see so many people leaving the sorcerer class - I was getting sick of being one of 3 or 4 inquisitors in every 8 man group!

I love it! I'm the only Sorcerer left. Literally! In Warzones, I do amazingly good DPS and usually come out on top and with Highest Damage.

I don't know where these guys went, but I'm having more fun than ever. It's hilarious! I usually am the only Ranged DPS on my team besides another Sorcerer who heals guys.

Just ask your self one simple question:

What does a Sorcerer bring to the table that other classes don't do better?

-Weakest PvP healer.

-Weakest DPS class.

-Hard counter is Marauder/Assassin/Operative and all tanks. What % of WZ have those AC?

The only 'real' value they bring is a bag full of gimmicks!

Fail hater. We remain the best casters in the game. Also the coolest looking. My Sorc still PWNS in PvE & many Sorcs are already overcoming/adapting to that BS nerf.

Dismissed.

Fail hater. We remain the best casters in the game. Also the coolest looking. My Sorc still PWNS in PvE & many Sorcs are already overcoming/adapting to that BS nerf.

Dismissed.

We remain the ONLY casters in the game.

FIFY

Umm what bout Jedi Sage? Supposed to be their mirror of us. Or did something change?

Now you're just being purposefully obtuse. Sorc/sage is the only caster in the game. What's hard to understand about that? it was one of the major reasons why there was a slight...YES, SLIGHT...population shift towards them as most popular toon. However, it should be noted that people claiming they were 50% or 30% of the population are dead wrong based on BW's numbers at the guild summit. They had a 2-3% point advantage in population or somethign like that. Anyhoo, when someone is talking sorcs or sages in this manner...the nerfs, strats, builds, etc....they generally mean both of them (but you knew that).

Edited by Blotter

Now you're just being purposefully obtuse. Sorc/sage is the only caster in the game. What's hard to understand about that?.

LOL thanks man, for that epic self pwnage I'm good. I fully understand that you just confirmed I'm right. Indeed we Sorcs are NOT the only casterS in the game. Nothing changed.

I feel like the fun was taken out of the this class when Bioware completely removed Wrath+ CL.

I know it seems extreme to say the class was destroyed, it wasn't, I simply feel like the fun is gone.

I'm hybrid speced now, 23/0/18, and while this spec is viable and I see myself at the top of most scoreboards, the class it self just feels dull.

IDC about sorcs in PVE, they're fine as it is. I actually like sorc healing changes, the only difference I would make would be to switch Dark Mending with Conspiring Force in the tree then boost dark mending to 1 second reduced instead of 0.6 (***?).

Madness is perfectly fine in PVP atm. The only main issue I have is as most ppl mentioned the lack of burst. A recruit geared marauder and burst me harder than I can burst him (I have around 1153 expertise in BM WH?) In the end I deal either the highest or second highest (depending on how much I get focused) so I wouldn't say they're useless. I would definitely rather trade some utility skills for survivability though. Sorcs really don't have any "get aways" unless the class they're facing doesn't have cc break/root.

Lightning needs some bursts so that it can be an alternative to madness. Madness is great for survivability and if you're a good kiter type you should be okay most of the time. Would be nice if they improved Lightning more as a tree itself to make it more attractive to try out.

LOL thanks man, for that epic self pwnage I'm good. I fully understand that you just confirmed I'm right. Indeed we Sorcs are NOT the only casterS in the game. Nothing changed.

You're embarrassing yourself. For your own sake, just stop.

Are you really going to play that game? Are you going to try to maintain that there are 16 classes in this game, rather than 8? That there's some magical ephemeral difference between Sages and Sorcs? They are mechanical mirrors (except for a few oddities here and there). Except for aesthetics, they are the exact same class.

But hey, if you want to continue to argue that there are 2 caster classes in game (and that that somehow supports your point, despite the fact that the changes in 1.2 affected both Sages and Sorcs equally since, ya know, they are the same class!), be my guest. Don't expect to gain much of a following for that argument, though.

Dismissed.

All you want to do is PvE then go ahead, some of us also PvP!

Edited by Cempa