Buttons seem to 'freeze' during PVP engagement

gutb

i have had this happen also. its always at the start of the match when you first engage a target. i wont be able to push any of my abilities. once i die and come back its fine the rest of the match.

Yes exactly..

The game almost freezes up.. then after a few seconds it kicks back in. The colour of the buttons almost never match abilities in PVP or severely lag.

I'm actually encountering this problem everywhere on my Sentinel and Shadow. Abilities that are off the global cooldown (Overload Saber, Kinetic Ward) seem to be the most egregious offenders, sometimes preventing me from taking an action for 3-5 seconds. Usually I simply cannot activate off-GCD abilities while using an on-GCD one, but occasionally I get locked out for a few seconds altogether.

It is incredibly annoying to interrupt someone with Force Kick or Mind Snap and then not be able to follow-up the advantage with attacks because my abilities are locked out.

Noticing this a lot on my Operative, Vanishing for a Hidden strike and then sitting there like and idiot only to be pulled out by the first aoe because ... the ability is tired and wants a break. Also found similar issues with backstab, and defensive cooldowns.

Also noticing elongated times for leaving combat, also started paying attention to my radar and seeing no red dots to keep me in combat but still combat locked, and another way random people entering combat with me when I sit safely on the other side of the map (I think this one has to do with buffing). Also Vanish does not always remove you from combat so you leave sluggishly and if you drop stealth to use your regen "whoops" not going to work.

Edited by Rizael

I have noticed this as well - I sometimes suspect that perhaps I may be out of position due to graphics lag (so I'm out of melee range / LOS), but then it fires off (opponent was stunned) after a second or two of mashing with the quickslot bars all lit up (or what seems like eternity).

I have had this happen also and have found several issues that can make this happen.

1. Some one else on my network decides to use YouTude or Netflix and lags my connection.

2. My ISP has some kind of hickup and lags my connection.

3. Something happends with the game and lags my connection.

4. Open world PVP with allot of people and the game lags out.

5. I accidently hit the print screen buttong and the game totally freezes while the image is captured.

6. Other times I am the only one at home, no other ocmputers are on that are attached to the network, router / network monitor give no idication that I have lag, didn't hit the print screen button, no one else around me in game (IE doing PVE Stuff) and game will just not respond.

From my experience anyway.

Also noticing elongated times for leaving combat, also started paying attention to my radar and seeing no red dots to keep me in combat but still combat locked

Have sometimes been able to fix this by removing my stim boost buff when I feel I should have already dropped combat.