What is the best CC class?

Cedia

Sorc has an insane amount of CC. It's kind of needed in order to survive

I find the fact that mercenaries have 2 knockbacks pretty insane and hard to deal with sometimes.

Other than that I would say maybe... a powertech tank. Between having a grapple with a root, a stun, and aoe stun, and a short cooldown interupt you can definitely shut people down pretty quickly.

Sorc has an insane amount of CC. It's kind of needed in order to survive

whirlwind/force lift and... err.. what else? 4 sec stun?

insane amount i dont think so

cant exactly be spammed either with a ~1 minute c/d (talent dependent)

what makes it better than the rest however is the fact it can be used on any mob/player. i dont 'think' another class has that. all others i've played can only use on humanoid/beasts or only on droids etc..

so to answer the OP's question, yes, as said, sorc/sage have the best. but certainly not the 'most' ;)

operatives/scoundrels have the 'most' short term stuns/knockdowns etc.. akin to the rogue stunlock which is nice in pvp but thats not really CC in the true sense of the phrase.

Edited by supZ

whirlwind/force lift and... err.. what else? 4 sec stun?

all sorcs also get force slow, 30% slow for like 8 seconds or so, doesn't affect resolve

and (PVE) force storm stuns weak mobs

plus they get force run which isnt cc, but it is an awesome escape which is often the reason for using cc.

Madness spec =

instant cast whirlwind

(PVE) aoe whirlwind on weak mobs

creeping darkness, 2 seconds 100% snare that doesn't affect resolve on a 9 second cd

Lighting spec=

aoe KB with 2? second root

aoe blind when their bubble bursts

lower cooldown on force run, 20 seconds instead of 30.

Corruption=

Affliction causes a 30% snare for 18 seconds and doesn't affect resolve.

Edited by Pilige

Thank you so much for all the advice! I have played a Balance Sage, but I was wondering if I was missing a class that better suited me. (Also, Iresso does not do it for me *at all*.) I started a Sorcerer thinking I'd try Lightning, but I think I'll just go Balance (Madness) again.

I think what I like most is AoE stun/mezz, then picking stuff off one at a time.

One thing I don't get is how to use Death Field, because won't all the stuff just immediately start running/shooting at you? But that's a question for another thread, I guess. :)

Edited by Cedia

Sorcerer.

Operative and assassin don't come close, as your main 'mez' has to be initiated from stealth. You can keep popping Whirlwind off as the cooldown allows.

Well, true for assassin, but Operative still is better in pve.

While the Operatives main cc for human targets needs to be cast from stealth, but they also have a droid cc which does not require stealth. So in PvE when facing a pack of enemies that includes both humans and droids, an operative/scoundrell as the only class in game can by himself put 2 targets to 60 second cc at the same time.

Well, true for assassin, but Operative still is better in pve.

While the Operatives main cc for human targets needs to be cast from stealth, but they also have a droid cc which does not require stealth. So in PvE when facing a pack of enemies that includes both humans and droids, an operative/scoundrell as the only class in game can by himself put 2 targets to 60 second cc at the same time.

Other than Sage/Sorc that can mezz a gold and two normals simultaneously with an instant cast that also stuns them for 2 seconds when it pops and with a potentially 45 second cooldown.

Other than Sage/Sorc that can mezz a gold and two normals simultaneously with an instant cast that also stuns them for 2 seconds when it pops and with a potentially 45 second cooldown.

Smuggler has a flash grenade which is an aoe stun to 5 targets for 8-seconds. However, I wouldn't call a short term stun even one that lasts 8-seconds a crowd-control.

Gunslingers also got alot of cc and cc immunity shield for 20sec on 1min cd.

I would say its gunslinger vs sage.

Flashbang

Singletarget root,

Knockback with root ( no talent required )

melee stun

so its pretty much up to the sage if you spec for pure cc.

Thank you so much for all the advice! I have played a Balance Sage, but I was wondering if I was missing a class that better suited me. (Also, Iresso does not do it for me *at all*.) I started a Sorcerer thinking I'd try Lightning, but I think I'll just go Balance (Madness) again.

I think what I like most is AoE stun/mezz, then picking stuff off one at a time.

One thing I don't get is how to use Death Field, because won't all the stuff just immediately start running/shooting at you? But that's a question for another thread, I guess. :)

The level of CC you are looking for really doesn't exist in this game. There is no controller/mez class like some other games have -- like the one in GW you mentioned. Sorc is EXACTLY like the Sage in terms of functionality. There's nothing a Sorc can do that your Sage can't. Madness Sorc = Balance Sage. So just keep that in mind.

I'm just not finding my groove. I love the Illusionist in EQ2.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Sorc with their knockback with stun if talented, whirlwind cc with stun if talented, slowing the enemy, sprinting, shield blind when it gets attacked and goes down, is just insane amount of cc (And needs to be fixed) then powertechs are pretty insane, if you are talking about PvP that is, 2 stuns whilst killing your target with the amount of damage they do is ********, people complained about operatives but these classes are all over operatives.