Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Easy solution to skimpy gear equality

Ixum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I can only think of the one female outfit. the dancer set from the security key vendor.

What is the other one?

I am impressed by your pics though. Looks good. I wouldn't use them. But I do think they are a good idea.

There's the Dancer set from the Security Key Vendor (which for Republic is a red variation of the Slave Dancer's outfit and for Imperials is yellow/black and has weird leggings) and the Slave Dancer outfit available from Nar Shaddaa.

And I fully approve. These are all very nice. /drool Something like Agent 3 (with the tattered looking leggings) would even be nice for females.

Edited by Pairaka

These are actually pretty neat.

What bothers ME, though, isn't the lack of skimpy gear for male characters but the lack of non-skimpy gear for female characters on the Sith side. For example, I love the Traditional Brocart set on a male, but it just looks so stupid in the bared midriff female version.

These are actually pretty neat.

What bothers ME, though, isn't the lack of skimpy gear for male characters but the lack of non-skimpy gear for female characters on the Sith side. For example, I love the Traditional Brocart set on a male, but it just looks so stupid in the bared midriff female version.

Yeah, I made a suggestion thread about that. That set is one of the few that has a color palette that isn't dull and dreary. :( And the best parts are left off when equipped on a female (by that I mean the nicest detailing).

• 1 month later...
Hey all!

As we all know there are two very very revealing sets for female characters only and non for male. Females also have different revealing tops in the standard gear. Anyway, I made some tweaks to existing male gear to see if they could be skimpified and I believe these could work. PIX -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425762

Thank you for your time :wea_03::wea_03::wea_03:

I'm sorry but this is Star Wars. Skimpy female outfits are a part of Star Wars (See Return of the Jedi)... Skimpy male outfits... are not.

I'm sorry but this is Star Wars. Skimpy female outfits are a part of Star Wars (See Return of the Jedi)... Skimpy male outfits... are not.

General Grievous was basically naked except for a cape. Rancor's handler was fat and hairy chested. Darth Maul in comics I think was shirtless meditating. Ewoks only wore a hood. Sebulba was basically sans pants.

I agree with having more customization options, especially since blue Chiss and green Mirialan skin are more interesting than most of the appearances and colors available now.

• 5 weeks later...
Wasn't something said by a developer (at the Guild Summit? elsewhere?) about bringing out some sort of male character answer to the "slave girl" outfit? What ever happened with that? Clearly, this is not a high priority, but I imagine this is the sort of thing that would sell in the Cartel Cash shop. Ixum's thread (see his signature) has some hot ideas.

^this.

ill rage quit the day i see a trooper waltzing around in one of those underwear+bullet chain (ala rambo) outfits presented by the OP

ill rage quit the day i see a trooper waltzing around in one of those underwear+bullet chain (ala rambo) outfits presented by the OP

Someone has already proven that yes, lots of male skin is, in fact, part of the Star Wars universe just like it is everywhere else.

Wanna know a secret? Under all that armor and under all those robes, we're all naked. Some of us like to see it. And not just on the girly types. It probably wouldn't be the troopers showing it off, but more likely the bounty hunters, anyway.

And come on... What's wrong with seeing a little male skin?

^this.

And yet I am expected not to mind all the skanks running around fleet in their dancing girl outfits? "I don't like it so you can't have any" is not much of an argument. If you'd quit over this, don't waste our time - just go.

I'd like to see some skin on male toons. Fair's fair.

And yet I am expected not to mind all the skanks running around fleet in their dancing girl outfits? "I don't like it so you can't have any" is not much of an argument. If you'd quit over this, don't waste our time - just go.

I'd like to see some skin on male toons. Fair's fair.

Hear hear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.