Artifice out of work

Azarell

Is it just me or is bioware completely f'n over the artifice people by practically giving away color crystals. Everybody I know has half a dozen green/black crystals. No reason to buy them. If they do sell it's for way less than it should be.

Is it just me or is bioware completely f'n over the artifice people by practically giving away color crystals. Everybody I know has half a dozen green/black crystals. No reason to buy them. If they do sell it's for way less than it should be.

we can't craft them anyway. Artificer sucks.

I disagree, I make a decent amount of money off of +41 Magenta, Advanced 25 Hilts and off hands like Rakata Supercommando's Shield Generator.

Being able to RE lightsabers means all my sabers are augmented and I can safely say that plenty of casual players would rather shell out 300k for a crystal than farm level 50 world bosses.

i believe they have hurt us with the color crystals, for right now. I'm assuming it will get better for us when new people start hitting 50's. Right now selling crystals are a joke. 50k for +41 crystals. I was selling +33 magenta crystals for 300k before 1.2.

I think you money making is going to come from augmented light sabers right now. Although i was selling them for 1 million credits before 1.2. I think you can sell them around 200 to 250k now since you don't need 3 biometric crystals to make them.

I don't know how well the +41 magenta's are selling for. I know the schems are going for 1mill but i don't know if anyone is actually buying them. I did just start selling the Pristine crystals that are needed to make them but anyone can sell those.

It will get better with the crystals later on. Heck i'm even storing my Green and black crystals for about a month from now.

I disagree, I make a decent amount of money off of +41 Magenta, Advanced 25 Hilts and off hands like Rakata Supercommando's Shield Generator.

Being able to RE lightsabers means all my sabers are augmented and I can safely say that plenty of casual players would rather shell out 300k for a crystal than farm level 50 world bosses.

how do you get the hilt & shield generator? Inquiring minds would like to know.

how do you get the hilt & shield generator? Inquiring minds would like to know.

My guess would be Operations. I've gotten an Advanced 24 enhancement on nightmare KP, plus an advanced 24 mod (aim, gave to my cybertech character) from normal KP as random drops. I'd suspect the others are random too because the loot schematics from chests tend to be the same crap for synthweavers and biochem.

Edited by SaberBladeUK

On the server that I am playing right now, the lower levels are really underserved.

The reason that you might not be making as much money is because you are throwing your level 50 crystals in with the million other level 50 crystals, completely ignoring all of the level 20-45s that would like to give you some money if you would make something that they could use.

My guess would be Operations. I've gotten an Advanced 24 enhancement on nightmare KP, plus an advanced 24 mod (aim, gave to my cybertech character) from normal KP as random drops. I'd suspect the others are random too because the loot schematics from chests tend to be the same crap for synthweavers and biochem.

yeah thats what i suspect; just hoping there was a different way that non raiders could get the schematics.

Yeah, sorry it's either Ops or get stuck with stuff like Advanced [Type] 23 Hilt, or Advanced [Type] 22 Enhancement. Since you can get that stuff from dailies I doubt I'd be able to turn much of a profit on selling it.

Still, if you alternate between HM EV, HM KP and Story EC you can avoid getting too bored.

P.S: If you don't want to the whole 1 hour Operation fight you can get some of the best gear in the game from the NIghtmare Pilgrim - he's not very good for artifice though.

Errrr Where do you get these schems from ? Not the crystals, magentas boring. But making hilts and off hands above 22 certainly interests me... making rekata off hands would be sweet... but ive not seen any of these as schem drops...

Pretty sure the giving away color crystals thing will pass. Also, do not underestimate what people will pay for vanity items. I've taken a number of custom orders for, for instance, 56 purple hawkeye crystals (blue color) that are incredibly hard to come by on the empire side and sold them for up to 350k. Elegant 5 slots sell for more than $50k on my server and require little in the way of mats to make.

Right now I'm working on picking up one of the campaign relics from the dailies. If I can RE the schematic for that, I expect to be able to sell those for close to $1 million. A crit, I might try pricing at $4 million.

So no, Artifice is a serious moneymaker. The only thing I don't quite get is why purple 22, 23 and 24 enhancements sell for pennies.