Trading in General Chat

fushnchips

When will they auto filter trade chats like WTS, WTB in general chat they should filter all of this out this is why a trade channel is there in game. So who else is getting sick of mass flooding of sales in general ?

Not i, every game has this. In fact I don't think a trade channel is necessarily as too many people leave the channel thereby making it obsolete. This means that most will place their ads in general chat.

If you don't like it turn general off or ignore the post when it states "WTS or WTB".

I find this very useful to find things, and it's how I've made money and trades and other deals!

Get over yourself.

I personally loathe that General is the default place chat goes. It's stupid. It should be "Say".

I personally loathe all you inconsiderate people who use General for your trading too. That's why there is a specific trade channel.

I may in fact start reporting you for spam... surely in-game spam qualifies as just as annoying as "go to this web address and buy stuff you don't need?" :p

Not i, every game has this. In fact I don't think a trade channel is necessarily as too many people leave the channel thereby making it obsolete. This means that most will place their ads in general chat.

If you don't like it turn general off or ignore the post when it states "WTS or WTB".

I find this very useful to find things, and it's how I've made money and trades and other deals!

Get over yourself.

Turn off General Chat because people cannot be bothered to use the proper channel for trade? That is one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen posted here.

Why not put an expectation on people to use the proper channel for trade?

When will they auto filter trade chats like WTS, WTB in general chat they should filter all of this out this is why a trade channel is there in game. So who else is getting sick of mass flooding of sales in general ?

No worse than the mass flooding of newbie questions or LFG spam.

They could easily move to a custom channel for that (e.g. the LFG or Help channels) but I don't whine that they don't.

Edited by Jestunhi

It's never bothered me to see trading in general. The problem with a specific trade channel is you have to be actively using it to find something, and that's boring. While I don't WTS in General myself, I've found some great stuff from random WTS spam in general.

[...] In fact I don't think a trade channel is necessarily as too many people leave the channel thereby making it obsolete. [...]

Get over yourself.

You really don't think that people who are looking to trade would keep the trade chat open? Of course a lot of people leave trade chat. It's because they don't want to trade, and they don't want to see people's spam.

So you're saying the proper response to people not wanting to read trade spam in the trade chat is to invade general chat with trade spam? Are you in advertising?

Perhaps you should take your own advice, and use the proper channel.

Edited by MillionsKNives

No worse than the mass flooding of newbie questions or LFG spam.

They could easily move to a custom channel for that (e.g. the LFG or Help channels) but I don't whine that they don't.

If there wasn't an LFG tool already in the works I would argue that there should be a premade LFG channel. Player made channels will never have the same exposure as a premade one.

If there wasn't an LFG tool already in the works I would argue that there should be a premade LFG channel. Player made channels will never have the same exposure as a premade one.

And trade never has the same exposure as general, that's kind of the point. ;)

Edited by Jestunhi

And trade never has the same exposure as general, that's kind of the point. ;)

Except that everyone has it already, and it's on by default. People who don't care about the trade channel can opt out, and by the act of disabling the chat they are declaring they don't want to hear about trade. So if they don't want to read it why are you trying to reach them?

This is completely different from something that people have to figure out exists.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Except that everyone has it already, and it's on by default. People who don't care about the trade channel can opt out, and by the act of disabling the chat they are declaring they don't want to hear about trade. So if they don't want to read it why are you trying to reach them?

This is completely different from something that people have to figure out exists.

Then report everyone who dares to buy or sell in chat. We'll see if Bioware gets annoyed with them or with you. :)

That's completely tangential to whether or not they should be spamming trade in general chat.

Bioware's opinion?

Oh yeah, who cares what the developers say, what matters is how *you* think the channels should be used.

:rolleyes:

Bioware's opinion?

Oh yeah, who cares what the developers say, what matters is how *you* think the channels should be used.

:rolleyes:

The developers were quite clear with their intention for trade spam when they implemented a trade channel. Whether you should flood CS with spam reports is a separate issue.

Edited by MillionsKNives

The developers were quite clear with their intention for trade spam when they implemented a trade channel. Whether you should flood CS with spam reports is a separate issue.

So what percentage of reportable chat / posts should you actually report?

Just 50% of the gold sellers?

Just 25% of the racist comments?

If you think it's breaking the rules then clearly there's nothing wrong with reporting it.

Yeah, report them. Trading in /1 is just spam and the sign of someone working in marketing.

(I miss Bill Hicks)

Are you effing serious... report for selling in /1... Wow.

In general I love it that it pisses a few people off to not sell in general... you know the ones that tell you not to do it... so i start advertising harder.. and more items...like everything in my bank and on the GTN. Plus I send them personal tells of my wares.

In WoW people treat /trade like /general in cities and practically no one uses /general....

It's reversed in this game so... really.. just deal with it. It's going to happen in any game... people like using a central chat hub. There's always going to be that one channel that no one uses even though it's there.