Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

This is also happening on Storymode... we get out of the purple circle and about 5s later he one shots most of the party with what appears to be an invisible AoE or Cleave. We killed him twice before in storymode and this never happened, please fix this ASAP.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is also happening on Storymode... we get out of the purple circle and about 5s later he one shots most of the party with what appears to be an invisible AoE or Cleave. We killed him twice before in storymode and this never happened, please fix this ASAP.

Before you blame Bioware I would suggest your tanks fix their positioning ASAP, as this is an intended mechanic. It happens when your tanks(or whoever has aggro) stand in the camp while waiting for the Gift of the Masters(the big purple circle) cast to end. Kephess charges them and cleaves your raid in half.

Edited by bwortbutch

When we've gone into an 8 man hard mode with our 8 best players, even with alts the mechanics seem easy and are trivial; wheras there is still some challenge presented in 16 player mode for us. I think this can be reasoned away pretty simply; our 8 best players are all above any skill cap that this game can possibly implement, because let's be honest the skill cap in this game is pretty low compared to other MMOs like WoW or Rift. (The reason for this is so many classes in this game are the same, there are very few abilities that are class specific, there is nothing hard about any class doing max dps-- the only thing that's not faceroll easy is sniper dps, all the mechanics for every fight as simple enough a third grader could do them, etc...)

Our other players in our 16 man just aren't quite on that level. The reason I think 16 man is double the difficulty of 8 man is because it's twice as hard to find that many players that can get over the skill cap on an individual level. That's why I've repeatedly said there is nothing difficult at all about this game, yet with the same breath stated 16 man is more difficult.

Edited by xenofire

our 8 best players are all above any skill cap that this game can possibly implement, because let's be honest the skill cap in this game is pretty low compared to other MMOs like WoW or Rift.....

The reason I think 16 man is double the difficulty of 8 man is because it's twice as hard to find that many players to get over the skill cap.

I'm pretty sure you're confused what a 'skill cap' is. Either that, or English is your second (or third/fourth) language. Trying to make a logical argument based on a fallacy doesn't work very well.

I'm pretty sure you're confused what a 'skill cap' is. Either that, or English is your second (or third/fourth) language. Trying to make a logical argument based on a fallacy doesn't work very well.

I understand entirely what it is.... I edited my previous comment to clarify my meaning.

And the skill cap of this game is less than the skill cap of solitaire. The hardest thing in this game is apparently move out of the purple circle and press your medpak. I still think a third grader could hit the skill cap for anything in this game.

Edited by xenofire

I understand entirely what it is.... I edited my previous comment to clarify my meaning.

And the skill cap of this game is less than the skill cap of solitaire. The hardest thing in this game is apparently move out of the purple circle and press your medpak. I still think a third grader could hit the skill cap for anything in this game.

The first tier was just an intro to raiding in general, so of course it was easy. The second tier hasn't introduced any Nightmare mode content, so of course it's pretty easy also. To compare to WoW, if WoW had a tier with only LFR and Normal mode, people would be saying it was too easy also. Wait for the Nightmare mode content, and then you'll have a better idea of where the game is going in terms of "hardcore" raiding.

It's easy to see how Kephess could be turned into a real challenge on Nightmare mode for example. Just off the top of my head:

(1) Failed Calibrating Shot = somebody dies. Turns the first phase into something kind of similar to Heroic Nefarian pillars in WoW, where on 16-man you would need six coordinated flawless interrupts.

(2) Bomber 1-shots. You could imagine the bombers hitting so hard that they have to be chain stunned or they'll kill the tank.

(3) Randomized Saturation Fire. If you really want to make things crazy, the saturation fire in certain phases could be random, forcing a spotter to have to call out positions like Felmyst in Sunwell.

(4) The warrior phase gets hard if the damage requirement to kill the waves in time is high.

(5) Rail Shots require a rotation. You could make rail shots come fast enough that you have to rotate who eats them. Or there could be multiple rail shots.

(6) Randomized fire during the red circle phase would make it challenging. Simply upping the damage of the DoT and his swings would make things more challenging also.

(7) Don't let people run out of Gift. Force CD/healing to survive.

(8) Final phase will get hard just by virtue of having the room fill with purple circles. Could have a real Professor Putricide feel to it. :)

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that they can take these fights and make them respectably tough on Nightmare Mode, so let's give them a chance and see what they give us.

Edited by Kihra

Any one or two of those mechanics would not be nightmarish to deal with, all 8 on the other hand would. I support those ideas entirely, all of them.

Additionally, you should be able to move when you have the bomb. It should become a huttball, and you should have to throw it, but the ground underneath the walker should do 10k damage per second, so the person throwing needs to throw it and it needs to have huttball travel time, and the receiver needs to run right into the red reticle under the boss just as it gets there, to mitigate damage taken.

Any one or two of those mechanics would not be nightmarish to deal with, all 8 on the other hand would. I support those ideas entirely, all of them.

Additionally, you should be able to move when you have the bomb. It should become a huttball, and you should have to throw it, but the ground underneath the walker should do 10k damage per second, so the person throwing needs to throw it and it needs to have huttball travel time, and the receiver needs to run right into the red reticle under the boss just as it gets there, to mitigate damage taken.

Yeah, I definitely support the idea of having to "work" to bring the walker down. When I showed our Kephess kill video to a friend who plays WoW, he watched the part where someone went up into the walker to bring it down, and he said "Oh, is it like Magmaw? You've got to click something to bring it down to the ground?"

And I had to say, "Ummm no, you just walk under it." :)

It would definitely be cool if they introduced an element of timing to bringing the walker down. Magmaw required coordinated targeting from two people at the same time to bring him down, so something similar would be pretty cool. It wouldn't make the fight that much harder, but I think it would feel cooler for the person with the bomb if they do something "active" to take the walker out.