What is the best class for healing?

josuevta

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, sounds easy enough. Any tips or stuff I should know?

PvE wise heal in melee if and where possible. Not only will it be easier to snag 4 targets in RN but shiv-> surgical probe is a very cheap heal and adds a little extra damage. Not a great idea in pvp but shiv'ing melee that are on you is.

Easiest way to manage probes on two targets is to keep them up on yourself and a focus target (make it nice and big so you can see the buffs). Anything else and it's almost painful constantly missing the refresh. Two targets will keep your proc nice and reliable. In pvp always have probes up on yourself.

Leveling is pretty easy but remember to gear at least one companion other than Kaliyo, she get's taken from you in actIII and I've seen some horror stories from people.

If you want to level in pvp I would spec dps until you get surgical probe. ( level 30 ) it really does make the class and without it you will feel broken.

Edited by CaptainApop

PvE wise heal in melee if and where possible. Not only will it be easier to snag 4 targets in RN but shiv-> surgical probe is a very cheap heal and adds a little extra damage. Not a great idea in pvp but shiv'ing melee that are on you is.

Easiest way to manage probes on two targets is to keep them up on yourself and a focus target (make it nice and big so you can see the buffs). Anything else and it's almost painful constantly missing the refresh. Two targets will keep your proc nice and reliable. In pvp always have probes up on yourself.

Leveling is pretty easy but remember to gear at least one companion other than Kaliyo, she get's taken from you in actIII and I've seen some horror stories from people.

If you want to level in pvp I would spec dps until you get surgical probe. ( level 30 ) it really does make the class and without it you will feel broken.

Awesome tips, thanks much.

• 2 weeks later...

Going dps with the mercenary is much more fun after 1.2. And much much easier. Before 1.2 I think PvE and PvP healing was fun.

For healing on the BH in PvP it simply boils down to the fact that a class can not have a light trail going from one spot directly back to it, it makes it to easy for the opposing team to recognize, mark and focus on that player. If one does not use rapid shots for heals BH becomes static, overheats, or outperformed buy a sorc/operative.

Sure one can run away, pop a shield when ever one is attacked but too what purpose do you play a game to just run around and try to survive without doing anything else constructive?

For healing on the BH in PvE it boiled down to the fact that after 1.2 in most operations sorc healers was just lot more stabil for the raid to be successfull so as a raid leader i switched to dps instead. There is no need for a BH healer over a sorc healer in a full operation (4-5 Bossfights).

I'm happy as a DPS, but I could switch back to healing if there was a need for BH healers.

(there are ofc Exeptionally good players who can prove that BH is still a good healing class etc, i never talk about the 90 percentile but always about the median player)

Edited by Svarteryttaren

Going dps with the mercenary is much more fun after 1.2. And much much easier. Before 1.2 I think PvE and PvP healing was fun.

For healing on the BH in PvP it simply boils down to the fact that a class can not have a light trail going from one spot directly back to it, it makes it to easy for the opposing team to recognize, mark and focus on that player. If one does not use rapid shots for heals BH becomes static, overheats, or outperformed buy a sorc/operative.

Sure one can run away, pop a shield when ever one is attacked but too what purpose do you play a game to just run around and try to survive without doing anything else constructive?

For healing on the BH in PvE it boiled down to the fact that after 1.2 in most operations sorc healers was just lot more stabil for the raid to be successfull so as a raid leader i switched to dps instead. There is no need for a BH healer over a sorc healer in a full operation (4-5 Bossfights).

I'm happy as a DPS, but I could switch back to healing if there was a need for BH healers.

(there are ofc Exeptionally good players who can prove that BH is still a good healing class etc, i never talk about the 90 percentile but always about the median player)

The light trail is actually far less of an issue than many people think. Any good team will have you tagged with a big old target over your head after about 3 heals--rapid shots or not. If you are careful about your positioning--staying close to a tank, another healer, or the RDPS--you'll be fine. If you do start to get focused your shield with its uninterruptable status and 20% healing boost should see you through until your team can get the heat of you or you can LoS.

Overall the BH makes for a very good second healer in PvP. My focus is usually keeping the sorc or OP healer alive so they can do what I can't very well: heal the entire group. Nothing sweeter than keeping a sorc up under 3-4 melee while the rest of the team AEs them into oblivion.

My first healer ever is a commando healer, and despite not being 50 yet, I do very much enjoy it. I find that commandos are valuable in trailing the ball holder in huttball, but like others have mentioned survivability vs. healing certainly comes with playstyle.

With that being said, while I haven't tried the other types of healers yet, the better survivability of hte commando/mercernary is a good way to ascertain the role of healing. Even their output of damage is quite fair.

• 1 year later...
Being completely honest, I think that hammer shot gives the commando healer an advantage since it can be used to regen energy and still do some heals. Yeah its not much, but some is better than none. I have a 53 commando healer and never run out of energy just by putting hammer shot in gaps between med probes, bacta infusion etc. I guess its just your play style that matters though.

• 1 month later...